Enh feels terrible to play

I was a very long enh player until we had to play with primordial garbanzo.
The setup fiesta sucks all the fun out of it and I tried lots of ways to avoid primordial wave, but no chance.
Both builds, elementalist and storm are basically focusing on lightning bolt and storm strike is either not even existing in the rotation anymore or it is spammed like crazy and yet it does absolutely no dmg at all.

It is also quite awful to perform with on both builds. Depending on the pulls and interrupts in your rotation can plummet your dps.
Doing merely 420k dps on 5 target dummies is sad with the rotation demands while my undergeared crap toons can do that much with 4 buttons and not having 5 setup gcds
Maybe I am just terrible at enhance now, but in dungeons I cannot even come close to 300k dps. (on my other dps classes I get much better results)

ST feels even worse. My enhance gear is quite good even though it is offspec and yet even my survival hunter sims 20k higher in ST lol

Long story short:

• remove ice strike, it is just ballast and an overall useless ability
  • make lava lash apply and spread flame shock (but don’t remove the flame shock button)
  • take wolves and doom winds of gcd
  • give a choice node for pmw that you can keep this version or take a version that shoots the lightning bolt as soon as you press pmw
  • remove the stupid stormstrike reset and give it dmg (make it more like mortal strike…)
  • remove the tab target crap that is necessary to bump flame shock. How is it fun to tab target through mobs to apply a debuff?
    Besides mobs in 20s non fortified die so fast that I cannot even going before everything is dead lol.

both builds are not fun to play in hectic environments where every movement from mobs will delete your dps to the ground.

Generally I don’t mind that both playstyles exist although DRE is terrible as it makes SS just a spam filler.
But I still don’t get why the 2 most iconic things of enhance got basically dumpstered to nothingness (wind fury + storm strike).

Besides the 5 target cap is so terrible that you are basically worthless in dungeons like everbloom or fall.

People always talk about enhances great funnel dmg, but I don’t see that at all. The biggest funnel talent with converging storms is not even taken in any build. You get a little more msw, a little more lava lash dmg and a bit more haste. Would hardly call that funnel if you would compare with shadow priest or even ele shaman.

I know there are quite a few people around here who loves this playstyle so much and blabla but ingame I hardly see any enhance and IF i ever have them in my keys, they do no dmg whatsoever

3 Likes

What can I say. You are right. Welcome to the club…

Shaman needs a rework. All 3 specs. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yes true all 3 specs are not in a great spot.

Ele is more or less at least fun to play besides the flame shock spread issue.
It performs not great though.

resto is a bit boring, performs well to a certain level and then falls of a cliff lol

Hero talents will not make anything better either without addressing the general playstyle issues.

Its not really that boring. Its just has a massive button bloat.

And way… way too many modifiers. And you spend an incredible amount of GCDs prepping your heals.

Just like Ele and Enh… too much time wasted spreading hots, or casting X so that Y hits as it should… Ect…

1 Like

Welcome Enhance has the biggest active Dps rotation bloat then any other class/spec ingame… that’s without even saying about our Set up to burst which is all in GCD which feels terrible to waste time for Primodial+Wolves+lightning bolt(But make sure to spread first flame shock and press atleast 1 Lava lash to make 5 mobs get hit by lightning)… and Stormstrike build burst even longer to set up i realy dont get it how blizz though its “FUN”

Maybe same reason why the people that play it find it fun.

People who find it “FUN” are people who use 1 button rotation macro or Weak aura users after tweaking everything when all your Bloated active rotation for dps comes up in random Resets and so on… most people do raid look at the boss mechanics avoid them and at the same time have to glance all over 1000000 buttons if something came up from its CD randomly while tracking with their eyes and not Weak auras who glow on their entire screen ELEMENTALIST enhance is a disaster of a bloat with random resets , go try playing it in PvP mr “FUN” and try to perform it while looking at enemy team castin/CC/positions/Dr/Purgable buffs and everything else

Oh HOW PROSPEROUS people using weak auras on a spec that your main resources is not even displayed in the default ui above 5 stacks.

Btw yes you are exactly right. Anyone who disagrees with you is totally wrong and only your opinion is valid. How dare other people play the game differently?!?!
It is not like there is a vast gap in the skill range of players that look for different things in specs.

i mean weak auras or not but how exactly people are saying spaming storm strike is not fun but love elementalist which basically replacrs ss with lava lash. my lava lash has 1s cd when it procs…

as i said, ice strike feels terrible and the short cd on lava lash makes it very spamy while you also want to press other buttons but cant.
glowy buttons that you never ever press feels also like a massive blunder design

If it procs and it has 1 sec cd, then it means you have other haste buffs and you are losing dps by not weaving in other abilities between each ll (gcd caps at 0.5 secs).

Generally Storm can be quite fun, and I am not in the hate camp, but in contrast elementalist has 10 spinning plates that you have to keep in mind. I can understand why some people dislike it, just as I can understand people liking storm.

Totally correct, this is why I have them disabled. If i want a button to press, I will just make a WA for that.

To be fair, I hope that in TWW enh keeps the elementalist AND storm playstyle, in the form of stormbringer and totemic hero specs. They already have the baselines down, it would be a shame to ruin it with some weird hero talents (i mean by let’s say trying to make a totem spec work).

For me there are not really spinning plates rather than an abundance of gcds for overflowing resources and cooldowns which is simply bad designed.
i mean what you really need to manage as spinning plates?
flame shock is infinite and all other things are just way too many mini cds that block each others cds even though you want to press them all at once to not lose resources but instead you have to press the highest dmging ability first and then it happens that the same ability comes off of cd wuthin 1 second.

the real spinning plate is probably the whack a mole tab targeting making enhance a glorified dot spec which is in my opinion an abomination

The fact that you have 4 “builders” that change in importance according to what part of the rotation you are? The importance of managing and playing around elemental blast as a mini nuke inside your wolves cds? The flow of the rotation that works in the 24 sec cycles.

Generally it is a really well designed spec but it requires a big investment to work it out, and I understand how it can be off-putting to some or seem like a mess.

This is the reason I believe that enh has really high potential. Because it has the high skillcap elementalist, but also people that dislike it can play storm (which is a pretty simple spec to play).

I swapped off enhancement at the very end of season 2. I changed to rogue. I mainly outlaw.
What finally made me switch after being annoyed about for a long while is the cucked melee range and survivability. And well, I just don’t enjoy the elementaliat build that much. But that was not really the factor.

So why does every other melee spec gets a 3 yard melee range increase except enhance? My rogue can snipe enemies across a zone WITH 2 DAGGERS. Yet enhance gas to stand inside most hitboxes to hit.
My rogue wears leather, has 100% dodge chance cd, magical dmg immunity cd, and fairly good cd against aoe damage on a fairly low cd.
Meanwhile sham wears mail, has 1 Def CD. Falls over by a breeze of wind. You have a heal sure. But a gcd heal that also takes your DPS resource maelstrom just doesn’t feel good. Especially when you also desperately have to try to even hit what you are attacking due to no melee range.

It just feels awful.

But Enh has utility! So does Paladin. Yet it does more dmg, wears plate, can be in range for a bit without losing too much DPS, has a battle rez, full dmg immunity. And well, presses pretty much 3 buttons.

Enhance just gets punished too much. For no reason at all.

2 Likes

at the start of dragonflight i found it nice to have 2 viable builds, but the current set pushes very hard in to elementalist what was already the better one , i voted for season 1 set , all the other previous sets got buffed anyway , i wish we would have got the tuning for the ses before the voting , would have changed maybe some votes

1 Like

Tuning wouldn’t really help, as season 1 set was just bandaid fix for the spec.

At the start of the expansion, enh had plenty of downtime because of low stats, so that tier set was introduced to alleviate some issues with haste and reduction in downtime.

In season 4, all our stats will be into diminishing returns, and we would be flooded with resources. In that environment, season 1 tier set would not really be helpful and no amount of tuning would really help that (since its job was to increase resources).

Only season 2 set could work in order to provide a viable alternative to both playstyle, but I don’t think it is so well liked.

1 Like

I completely agree shaman feels sh$t. I mean i prefer the old legion shaman with stormstrike but this primordial wave is just full bulsh%t. Having enchancement top dps lightning bolt and chain lightning doest feel like it becuse its elementals spells ;d. I tried playing around stormstrike like before and it does absolutely no dmg which is very sad for the spec.

2 Likes

yea with max gear my stormstrike is far down the list even with storm build spaming it like crazy. it does like 40k dmg per hit or something lol

Totally agree
I’ll never forgive blizzard for adding primordial wave instead of chain harvest to dragonflight.

1 Like