Enhance Shaman Need more Defensives!

Enhance Shammy is my main char and i generally push M+…but i cannot get into high M+ content because everyone knows I’m “Squishy”.

Please Blizzard for the love of god , give us another defensive - something that we can use.

You have soo many options here : give a totem that reduces damage for the party - like the barrier of mages , suddenly we become an option.

Do something with Earth Elly - its a 5 min! CD and 15% more hp is horrid - i die with the elly up…so your 15% more hp is bad.

3 Likes

I used to play wow few years ago. We’ve asked about defensive for shaman hundred of times and I’ve learned one thing. Blizz don’t give a f… about it. Nothing changed. I quit playing. After 4 years I’ve returned again as a shaman and I can tell - NOTHING CHANGED.

It is suppose to be glass cannon but only thing from it is a glass. It is not top DPS and it is squishy as f. Hunter’s pets can tank more than we as main character.

The class survivability is horrible. I can see warriors, DH, DKs which can do same or more amount of damage / dps as me without moving from the spot. Some of them can solo bosses without healers when I am dying after 1 hit. Even rouges can use cloak and avoid everything. Shaman can not.

Personally I will give it like 1 or 2 updates again to see if somethign will change (i doubt it) and then just quit. I expect only one more nonsense reply ’ We are happy with Shamans survivability - use ankh’ .

I want to play a game for fun. For now I am frustrated again.

Shaman specifically suffer in seasons where its all about surviving the keys - Like the current one.

In season 1 Dragonflight, we were a meta spec. Partly because the meta wasn’t based around which spec got reworked, but what spec could do efficient AoE and ST with the same build. But season 1 featured nearly no oneshots and had a lot of keys where funnel was really good.
Enhance could play.
Season 2 and Season 3 Dragonflight were filled with dungeons that had very high damage abilities that were frequent. Meaning that shaman couldn’t play.
Either they have to cut back on a lot of damage in the keys (like capping the damage scaling at level 25) Or they have to give us more defensive value.

In raid we cannot hold a burning seed on Fyrakk because we are simply too squishy. Imagine that. M+ has the benefit of the doubt that it’s infinitely scaling content. Mythic raid doesn’t.

I do believe they need to look at our defensives, and it should be before The War Within - Hopefully its something they will test in Season 4.

I propose some of these following changes:

Spirit Wolf now inversely grants damage reduction. Starting at 20% damage reduction and losing 5% every 2 seconds. Exiting Ghost wolf instantly removes this effect.

Earth elemental is now a 2 minute cooldown. Grants a 25% increased health and absorbs 20% of all damage taken for 25 seconds.

Reincarnation now resets cooldown on m+ keystart.

Oh and 5% more baseline stamina.

I’d prefer it if reincarnation was more of a cheat death mechanic like rogues. More baseline stamina and perhaps a talent that reduces all damage with earth shield up, like resto get. That’ll go a long way for now.

But I’d prefer them to be a bit more imaginative, Shamans could have so many super cool looking abilities and that goes for defensives. I just wish Blizzard would get creative.

It is shame I can not attach screenshot here. I played today Ashran BG for almost an hour.
For this time my stats are as follow:

Killing Blows - 13
Honorable Kills 96
Deaths 24
Damage Done 72M
Healing Done 90M

At this point you probably see what I want to point here. I am fighting for survivability. As DPS I am doing more healing then damage! This is soooo bad designed.

In meantime top mage did 636M Damage and 88M healing. This is like ten times more damage. TEN TIMES.
I could understand Shaman do like 6360M damage (ten time s then mage) and it is squishy as it is but what we have now is ridiculous

FTS…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.