Enhancement rework

I believe the enhancement shaman spec is in dire need of a rework so I thought I would share some ideas that i have. Hopefully blizzard can take some into consideration.

My suggested changes:

• Change lightning shield to a passive talent that applies a 10% (or something like that) damage mitigation buff to you every time you use stormstrike.

• Remove maelstrom completely, lower the cd of stormstrike / add another melee rotation ability instead and buff windfury totem.

• Remove lightning bolt and make elemental blast always be an instant cast with a 30-45 second cd that hits hard. Chain lightning can be the same but on maybe a 10 second cooldown or so.

• Add an execute ability (like kill shot and execute) that is usable on enemies below 30% hp and calls down a strike of lightning from above their head.

• Take totems off the global cooldown.

• Make earth elemental a permanent pet, nerf the increased stamina down to 10% (or appropriate value) and bring back the earth elemental damage reduction and stun abilities.

Those are some awful ideas.

Aside totems off gcd. And maybe an execute, but it’s not like enhancement needs the st damage, if anything i would enjoy soft capped aoe, instead of hard capped.

It seems that the idea of a “rework” or a “better” spec, is to effectively make the rotation extremely static and remove any element of rng.

Yea you remove all the rng, do you know what you also remove? The fun from the spec.

What would happen is that you would return to basically mop enhancement, where every ability is pressed in the same order over and over and over and over and over again.

Please, no.

Enhancement at the moment is one of the better designed specs.

Aside windfury totem, f that talent. Just put it in the class tree or baseline honestly.

If i were blizzard i would make windfury baseline or in the class tree, and instead of being a totem that is on the ground and only lasts 2 min, i would make it hover around the shaman, and last 60 min.

Thematically totems may fit shamans, but from a gameplay prospective they are utter garbage. And there is no reason for them to be so terrible.

1 Like

Seems like you just want to play Fury Warrior.

Not sure when warriors could summon elementals, wolves, totems, have ranged interrupt, windfury and cast spells but ok.

If they remove Maelstrom Weapon, I’ll stop playing Enhancement.

Some players like complex speccs with complex rotations. Others like DH. It’s up to you.

But let not Blizzard spoil one of the few fun speccs with enough complexity and depth that feels rewarding to dig deep into.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.