Enhancement shaman and big pulls

Enhancement is currently really fun and strong in Mythic+ dungeons, but using ‘Lashing Flames’ efficiently during big pulls is almost impossible.
With 10 or more targets, tab-targeting almost always selects a target without ‘Flame Shock’, and I don’t know any way to avoid this.

Wouldn’t it be better if ‘Flame Shock’ were automatically applied by ‘Lava Lash’ ?

And wouldn’t it be even better if ‘Flame Shock’ were not limited to six targets, but instead dealt reduced damage to 6+ targets ?

4 Likes

IMO automatically applying Flame Shock to things is a quality of life change that is needed for all 3 specs. Even for RShaman…

So 100% to that.

it looks like they limited to only 6 due to primordial wave effect (thought I think this should be increased)

i agree Ele spec would feel so much better if it had a more efficient way of spreading flameshocks maybe combining liquid magma totem with EQ

They introduced this cap back in shadowlands when they made lava lash spread FS again.

And to be fair, the main reason they introduced this cap is to not have MoP/WoD again. The problem was that you had HEAVY scaling in aoe doe to the interaction between FS and Fire Nova (which meant that each target introduced was WAY more valuable than the last).
Was not fun cause that was the only thing we could do well, and also cause your pc would freeze for 2-3 seconds after each Fire Nova.

What most enhancement players use in high end, is customizing their nameplates. Meaning that if one mob has flame shock, it would appear as color X, and if it also had lashing flames it would appear as color Y.

So with this method you can select the mobs you want, or even have a mouseover macro for your LL to hit the targets you want.

Keep in mind that in higher keys, our job is not focus on aoe, but funnel the highest health/priority mob, so that the pack dies at the same time (instead of killing 9 mobs and fighting ST 1 mob for 20 seconds).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.