Enhancement Shaman and warglaives

Perhaps Im missing something, but a class that has dualwield specialization should be able to wield warglaives imo. Wielding 2h weapons was taken away for Shamans, which is kind of lame. Well, can still wear them but that would result in crappy DPS. Dualwielding is boring as it is, axes and maces… Meh.

Monks who are supposed to be all about punching and jabbing are able to wear warglaives? What kind of poor class design is this? Makes 0 sense to me.

Monks a class that wears leather can tank even. Yet Shamans who wear mail gear, can wield the power of earth and wear shields can not?

Who ever is in charge of Shaman class design, is doing a horrible job and should consider a carreer change. Get fired even. I’ve mained Shaman since TBC, after WotLK eveything done to my class has taken away its identity rather than creating a new one. Can’t even roll Blood Elf Shaman and enjoy my transmog, gg Blizz. Smfh.

Wait, Monks can wear Warglaives ?

1 Like

Monks wield swords, monks cannot, ergo they can’t use the glaives. Makes 100% sense, you should’ve figured that out by now.

They can wear the legendary ones, guessing that means they can wear warglaives in general. Dunno

The legendary ones are considered swords, because warglaives wasn’t a thing until Legion.

4 Likes

You’re guessing wrong, nothing but DH can. And since it’s one of the main part of their class identity I’d prefer if it stayed that way. Shamans at no point had any relation to warglaives and the way they wield weapons doesn’t fit warglaives at all, they’d be stabbing themselves left and right. I also find it funny that you complain about your class’ fantasy but want to tear into another one’s.(DH) Especially when you don’t seem to know the fantasy of either from this thread.

3 Likes

As far as I know warglaives arent categorized under swords, but a weapon type on their own. Its like comparing axes and maces to me. Way of fighting with swords is nothing like fighting with warglaives, so your logic still makes 0 sense to me.

Only DH can use Warglaives as weapon type. Warglaives of Azzinoth are Swords.

2 Likes

Funny that you seem to consider the meaning of fantasy as objective and yes I guessed. I guess I was wrong about warglaives then, they still make sense in terms of a class thats all about duawielding though. But thats just my opinion and class fantasy. The legendaries might be an exception to the rule, I just don’t think the way of fighting with warglaives is anything like fighting with swords.

1 Like

I mean, your personal fantasy might differ but on Azeroth most classes work a certain way and there isn’ too much deviation from that.

Also shamans use a lot of up-down motions which doesn’t work for warglaives which require sideways/diagonal motions. Shamans fighting style just doesn’t fit warglaives. I do miss two hander shamans tho, I absolutely loved those.

1 Like

Stormstrike fits warglaives in a way, but I do think warglaives should stay exclusive to DHs. Class fantasy generally has a certain identity, there is a bit of a grey area to it though. 2h enh shamans should make its return indeed, or atleast we should be able to choose between 2h and dualwielding. Being able to wear 2h weapons, but not being able to do similar dps as when dualwielding is a shame. Since Shamans were introduced as a class who wears a slow 2h weapon to begin with.

1 Like

It’s not even just the deeps that gets hit you can’t use certain abilities either. Idk if Blizz just killed 2 handers for easier balancing but it certainly took away a big part of shaman. Wf proccs on 2 handers felt so good. I barely even notice wf procs anymore. It should still be an option like single minded fury for warriors.

Unless they bring out Sentinels, the only class that should d wield them are DHs.

Also, they should probably work on buffing enhancement first before looking at this sort of thing.

Try https://www.wowhead.com/item=125366/wild-combatants-quickblade
There are also other tints. Look like glaives but sharper, are classed as swords and shethe on your back.

Warglaives of Azzinoth… Wannabe sword glaives… I guess you figured by now.

Warglaives swords for rogues and warr … and dks … and monks … and demon hunters …

Warglaives not for rogue, warr, monk, dk …

Also fist weapon that definitely is not DH artifcat glaive …

And now they add “glaives” that are swords …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.