Enhancement Shaman at the bottom after rework

I main Enhancement and have done for many years and after seeing the Shaman “rework” there are alot of positives to take outta the rework if your Resto / Elemental.

Lets get the obvious outta the way , the Skyfury Raid buff is great, raid wide Windfury and 2% Mastery buff for all is decent and gives 1 Shaman a raid spot.

Feral Lunge baseline…fine should have happened years ago.

But for Enhancement is like really bad…without WF being an “Enhancement Thing” were really reliant on ST dps being busted to get a spot.

As lets be honest if were reliant on AOE , were pretty much screwed. More on this later…

The lack of change on the Enhancement tree is a joke…we have soo many issues and they have fixed like zero.

Lets start with Storm/WF build …deeply rooted elements is rubbish…no change.

Doom winds is rubbish…for a dps CD its awful as the build promotes using “spenders” for damage…which dont windfury.

On the Elementalist build…the AOE cap of hailstorm is awful…6 targets…means our aoe , especially in M+ isn’t viable.

Fire Nova has huge potential, but is also very underwhelming, which forces you to use Hailstorm.

Then you move onto a very complex rotation , which i actually enjoy.

But with the lashing flames talent requires you to lava lash 6 differnt targets its a joke. Made even worse if you dont proc hot hand , which is RNG.

The ckass tree is a little better with some more defensives.

Stone bulwark totem looks good.
Earth elly having a 5% DR is better.

But these are now becoming mandatory for all shamans.

You will be forced into Ancestral guidence which is now locked behind spiritwalkers grace , which is useless for Enhancement.

Anyway waffled on for too long.

5 Likes

Are you implying you are not “pleased” with the current state of enhancement?
Man the moment you typed enhancement in your post (1st word of the title) meaning they see only blank after this.
If you want to suggest something for enhancement, trick them and start talking without referring to the spec anywhere but the last word of your post.
Example 1:
Title: 2H weap would be fun!
Body: Blah blah blah windfury blahblah blah 2H blah blah Strong storm strikes blah blah no lavalash build blah blah it would help a lot shaman with spec named Enhancement.

You could also try refering to with spellings or symbols like Enchantment or enh@nsement but i think the filter will ring…

Good luck on your next try.

2 Likes

Enhancement feels really outdated by todays standards. 2 spenders on ST. It feels terrible to have to press lightning bolt if you’re specced for Ele Blast because you’ve run out of charges. Insane button bloat in the main rotation, where every button on its own is pretty meh.

They’ve reduced button bloat on almost every rework they’ve done in the beta; even on specs with fewer rotational buttons to begin with than Enhancement. My guess is that they’ve run out of time once again, and shaman is once again the one to suffer, as it has for a lot of beta class reworks.

2 Likes

yes elementalist is garbage.

storm with stormbringer is decent fun, but it still have several interactions that are crap. I am pretty sure they will not fix those issues either because they are tone deaf.

with minor fixed they could actually make stormbringer stormbuild really fun. Wish they would delete DRE because it doesn’t fit at all anymore with stormbringer. Ascendance feels terrible and breaks the flow.

the 3 instant chain lightnings would be also more fun if they were fired off by stormstrike automatically (like the pvp talent). At least they should not use your msw and they should do dmg as if fired with 10 msw.
Tempest should replace CL and LB to remove stupid interactions with ascendance as well.

2 Likes