Enhancement shaman? HELP

Hi guys, i mained enhancement shaman all through legion and it was great. The gameplay was smooth and we had rockbiter as a filler ability so you always had something to to press.
I recently logged into my shaman on shadowlands for the first time and it has COMPLETELY changed?? What is going on? There is so much downtime with my rotation, its just clunky and not effective. Can someone help me out here, what is the correct dps rotation so that i dont have 2gcd of downtime every 5 seconds? I think i am missing something.
Thank you if you can help

3 Likes

This is why I changed to elemental. The whole GCD thing changes when you start to get high amount of haste. The whole waiting on spells completely goes away with haste stacking and the new tier set bonuses. Now I’ve changed back as it’s easy to get high amounts of haste at this point.

1 Like

Thanks baltic, I wasn’t aware of the haste thing. I think ill change spec to elemental for now until i get higher haste

1 Like

Welcome back I guess.

Unfortunately for you, at the start of shadowlands the spec got a redesign back to its WoD playstyle.

Frankly most of the community is happy with how it turned out, since the BFA iteration was kind of a sh*tshow.

As Baltic says, with more haste, the downtime is reduced by alot, including your 2nd lego and tier set helping with that, although at the end of the day you sitll might have 1 empty global here and there.

If at the end of the day you want a playstyle like the Legion/BFA enh shaman, the fury warrior is actually close to how it felt back there, excluding the stormstrike spam.

1 Like

Playing enhance since vanilla/TBC. And yes…a bit downtime at start of Shadowlands.
But it gets better when you gear up. Just focus on Haste and mastery. Haste prio over Mastery. Rest of the stats prio should be Haste>Mastery>Crit> And rest…

I’ve just had a break too and came back to Zereth Mortis…
My enhance shammy is currently ilvl246 and killing mobs is so slow compared to my arms warrior that I have just gone to Zereth Mortis with…
My warrior is ilvl225 and can kill a mob in like 3 or 4 button presses whereas my shammy takes a hell of a lot more !
Even in resto spec my shaman kills almost as fast as enhance and I have doom winds !

I’m guessing that’s mostly just a gear scaling issue, mostly low haste/mastery, and low ilevel on your weapons. Doom Winds is okay for overworld questing in general, but for good sustained DPS you’ll probably want to go Night Fae with Witch Doctor’s Wolf Bones, and for cleave AoE you’ll probably want Necrolord with Primal Lava Actuators and speccing into Fire Nova.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.