Enhancement Talent Talk

Hello fellow enhancer’s, I wanna share my thoughts on how I would change some talents. This is not a post to complain about the specc. For me as a pvp player I’d like to read about your experiences , especially in 2v2 bracket.

So here are my ideas, let me know what you guys think

Forceful Winds - Increase procc rate or extend duration to 25 seconds
Elemental Assaut - additionally reducing Stormstrike CD to 4 seconds

Natures Guardian and Feral Lunge baseline,
move Spirit Wolf to Feral Lunge’s Slot, Gust of Wind instead of NG

New Talent Row 30/1 - Shamanistic Rage as worked previous

Sundering baseline, Incapacitating for 3 Seconds

Ride the Lightning(from pvp talents) instead of Sundering Talent as new option in Row 45/3

Ascendance should give the shaman a procc chance when MSW is spent, to procc for 6 seconds.
Ascendance duration increased to 25 seconds
(working similar to Meta considering this is a 3 minutes CD)

PVP-Talents

Static Cling as worked previously
New Talent Hex consumes MSW Stacks to become instant spell
Remove Ethereal Form, Remove Spectral Recovery -
New Talent to make wolves heal as previous

Remove mana cost for all spells except Healing Surge and Purge

In general this should help the class by changing the playstyle to be more situational, increasing the output not by buffing numbers but to make the specc have more control.

1 Like

Gust of Wind - I think it was bad for the game but Shamanistic Rage i’m 100% for it.

Your changes would require drasiting changes in damage as if everything would be implemented then Enha would be extremely broken.

1 Like

Thanks for replying Brodanyo :slight_smile:
I tried to change/swap talents to be competitive to each other also not to be mandatory - like durability / movement / AoE
I think row 30, 40 and 45 should not be movement for durability or cheat death for movement, not the first time it’s mentioned I guess. But, yea, ofc it is a lot to ask for.

was a fun talent and I really miss it. Why remove it from shamans but druids keep a similiar talent? (Wild attack)

enhance is design wise not in a good place for several reasons in my opinion.

I want to share my opinion on the talent matter as well:

Forceful winds is one of the biggest offenders why enhancer is designed badly.
Windfury dmg should be good baseline as it is a staple of enhancer.
Because you also have to use doom winds, it makes this talent absolutely mandatory which eliminates any choice.

I would suggest to change that row to a maelstrom spender enhancing row.
E.g.

1. Ele blast - hard hitting spender with a moderate cd (e.g. 15s)
  2. Enhanced lightning bolt - greatly increase the dmg of lightning bolt when used with 5 ms
  3. Lavalash uses up to 5 ms to enhance it’s dmg (or whatever)

definitely a must.
Playing without either of it is just bad.
Also feral lunge itself is also pretty bad as it is just a terrible charge. min-max range is just god awful and it should daze 3s on impact otherwise the travel time just makes it bad

shamanistic rage should just flat out replace astral shift without any talent needed. Shamanistic rage fits the enhancer seems a lot more than the garbage the tried to shove down our throat.

not necessary in my opinion. It is fine as a talent, even though it will be mostly a mandatory pick.

is trash and should be reverted to always adding a chain lightning to stormstrike, then it would also be a big competitor for thundering.
Crash lightning talent should just increase the dmg by alot

ascendance should be baseline or completely be removed.

Additionally I would say that wolves need to be improved. They currently just a crappy mw generator and nothing else.
Give it back the utility and dmg that it used to have. A jump, short stun, auto heal. Remove the mw generation for what it’s worth.

don’t think it is great to encourage the pain train design and tunnel vision mode.

Shouldn’t even be a talent in the first place.

should be baseline. Enhance survivability in pve is a not exactly great, healing wolves would help there too.

PvP Talents could add other stuff:
imp. cap totem: make the stun duration 5s
Thunderstrike - add 50% nature dmg to stormstrike
imp. Lightning Shield - 15% dmg reduction when using lightning shield
imp. earth bind - removes all slow & root effects, pulsing every 3 seconds. Range reduced to 10y

On another note:
Earth shield should be baseline or at least have unlimited charges and be not dispellable. This spell is sooooooo annoying to keep up

2 Likes

Thank you! I agree totally with the WF part, while it is also very easy to counterplay an enhance go with disarm or any other cc that has the same CD as Doomwinds itself. It will be interesting to see what we will have instead in the next expansion.

I am not very sure that they will touch enhance once again.
They tried to make enhance work several times already with reworks, design changes, priorities etc. and always fail

The latest hilarious fail was that they wanted to make feral spirits a real cooldown that impacts dmg and gameplay. Well they buffed it by like 200% and it still does negative dmg. Good job blizzard.
After that they just called it a day and moved on. Present day feral spirits are still complete trash

You know, the history showed what worked in the spec and what didn’t, also that enhance always has a big weakness that made them basically unplayable on high level (defense…). Yet the devs refuse to take all the good ideas of the past and mash it together into one good spec.

I mean, ok keep dumbo winds but why not make it like legion? why the heck attach it to a totem. Yes I know the anwser “Button bloat - muh the only legendary with an active button etc. etc.” what great arguments - not.

Well, the current state of a stand-alone enhance is not the best though I think in a certain comp with a ww or turbo, enhance is doing fine - not the best, but it’s ok.
2v2 is a different story but this bracket is not the best scale to go for changes - even though I’d wish.

Obviously wishing for all these changes would impact too big in 3v3 and I think this is the point where it’s difficult for them. Balancing the toolkit.
And what the past also has shown is that enhance never has been a specc that blizzard worked on with love, such as for druids i.e.

Past expansions such as mop or wod where enhance were good should be enough as comparison, adding also community feedback. But it is also such an low-represented specc that blizzard dont care at all.

the things i mainly suggested is what we had before and we were still in a kinda bad spot. now we lost all of that and are just terrible.

enhance doesnt even work that well in turbo atm because you are dying to rng poop to quickly. if anything the warrior is carrying the enhance too hard. now that bloodlust is nerfed to death, i dont even know what would make turbo in any eay stronger than replacing enhance with any of the other melees.
it was strong because enhance buffed warri and brought strong heals, even instant cc at one point, but now?
everything enhance does a ret does much better, even ww

Imo Enhancement would never be good in 2s unless it’s overtuned because it’s survivability is based on self-healing. In 2s you start with 20% dampening already and while facing classes with healing reduction you meet extreme disadvantage. You are kinda forced to play 2x hybrid DPS but then everytime you face Mindgames you are likely to lose.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.