Epic edition and now collectors edition

Why on earth does Blizzard not let us who have already bought the Epic Edition just pay what is missing to get the collectors edition ?
I dont want to buy the collectors now and get my 90 euros put in as a balance with blizzard. i would like the option to pay the remainder of what is needed for the collectors edition.

Could a blue answer this please

The system normally works that they will refund you (in the form of bnet balance) the cost of the digital edition once you claim your CE. I don’t think this will change for the latest CE.

From the CE announcement

Already pre-purchased an edition of The War Within ? No problem! These three new commemorative collectibles can still be added to your trove. When you purchase the World of Warcraft: The War Within 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition, you’ll receive a Battle.net® balance reimbursement for your previous purchase to use in-game or on Battle.net .

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/news/24080622/pre-purchase-the-world-of-warcraft-the-war-within™-20th-anniversary-collectors-edition

1 Like

And that is exactly what i dont want.
They could also have rolled out all the editions at the same time. Not wait 3 months before anouncibg a collectors edition.

There is never any guarantee a physical edition will reach you in time.

the code can be sent through email. or B net.
The statues and such with mail. your answer does NOT invalidate my point. they should have rolled it all out at once. not forced people to buy a second time with store credit as the norm for the mismatch.

The EU laws are quite clear this is not ok in most countries. blizzard unfortunately is trying to circumvent it by willfully handing out different copies during different times.

Normal games release the physical pre order first. making those who want it spend more. then right before launch you cant get that edition.

but blizzard does the opposite forcing you to pay them double.