Equipment Bags are gone - No GM support

I am getting extremely frustrated.

1 ) I log in to my Hunter and all the bags were gone and I get a sort of server warning saying I don’t have enough space in the backpack.
2) I open a ticket to resolve this issue and the ticket was closed, with a generic (bot) response and I was still without my bags.
3) I try to resolve the problem by myself, crafting a couple of bags with and alt equip 1 (long out, log in) new bag full of the items, did the same for 2 more bags (long out, long in) all the items are back and the 4th bag, old bag was equipped

• the items and bags are somewhere on the nether -

I thought the problem was resolved.
After the reset or a minor patch (a couple of MB)
I have the same issue with the same Char - Hunter.

1. Open a ticket - which is still open and unresponded
  2. waited a day, and resolved it by crafting some bags
  3. a couple of days later, bam! The bags were gone yet again!
  4. to aggravate the problem I now have a second char - Priest - with the same issue.

Please help me troubleshoot this and get Blizz attention and a proper GM to help me resolve the issue.

Classic phrase: “the game is unplayable”

Relevante Info:

• added the authenticator - for 4 extra slots on the backpack;
  • the items are some were on the nether - every time i equip a new bag and log out and in, the items are back;
  • I have reset (delete) my (WTF, Interface, Cache, and Addons)
  • current add-on list: Bagnon, Titan Panel, TLDR missions; DBM, Postal, Pawn, Healbot, Accountant Classic
  • i have a ticket open for more than 7 days

Cheers

3 Likes

Hey Tibian,

Thanks for all the information shared in your post. Has the issue occurred after resetting your interface completely, and before re-adding your addons?

This issue seems to have been escalated to our developers, but they haven’t been able to reproduce this on their end so far.

Hi

It happens before the interface reset, I think!

I still have all the in-game tickets waiting for a reply, 2 for more than a week and all the rest for more than 2 days.
It’s very unfortunate for me, it seems it’s just a matter of time until another of my chars loses the bags, I just keep trying different approaches (log out and in - with and without add-ons) and don’t think I will enjoy the 18th b-day.

It would be nice to have some in-game interaction with a GM, hopefully, it could help me, before Dragonflight!

Im having a rough time getting in touch with the support from my second account aswell, all i wanna do is to merge my bnet accounts togheter so i can continue playing and login with the same bnet account but seems impossible to get in touch with anyone :confused: not even the live chats are up a minute during the times…

@Azeyla Your issue has no relation to the OP’s subject, please do not hijack threads.

I’ve answered you here:

Having the same issue on my priest (Hellurin-Draenor) since the pre-patch lunched.
Tried reseting UI, deleting and restoring char and disabling all addons without any luck.
If i craft new bags and equip them my item wil reapear after a quick relog… but if i stay offline for more then 1 hour all bags and items are gone again…

1 Like

I recommend submitting a bug report through the ingame button so additional data is sent over for review, since the developers are unable to reproduce this:

Magical Bug Report
http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/reporting-a-bug

1 Like

Hi again,

Thanks for sharing @Hellurin, never realize the bags were gone after 1hour+ of not logging in.
Yesterday, did more 8 bags, 4 to each affected char, and to no surprise today the bags were gone.

I will submit the bug as per @Saneko suggestion.

1 Like

Everything was fine this morning but when I logged on this evening, I have this exact same issues. Error about “Your inventory is full. Make room in your bags to receive any missing items” when I logon, and all bags except backpack is gone.

2 Likes

I am having exactly the same issue, its so frustrating.
It’s like the game is literally eating up my bags.
I’ve done everything I can do at my end, and still happening.
Had a 22 day wait on a ticket only to have it answered with try all the steps I have already done.
I’ve traced it back to when they removed the regent bag slot, I dont know if this was connected to that.

1 Like

Does pressing “b” not open your bags either?

Hi Ewavy
You can press ‘b’ but all you have is the backpack - all the other slots are empty, the game removes the bag and the contents inside from all the other slots.
At the moment all I am using is a cheap netherweave bag because I have lost so many 32 slot bags.
Luckily I didn’t equip the Papas mint condition Bag as that would have been lost as well.
Only happening on my Hunter as well, all other chars have not had this issue.

Sorry to here that :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Ewavy
Thank you, its very annoying for sure.
I can see more and more players experiencing this problem, so I’m hoping this can be resolved soon as I would like to go into Dragonflight with more than just a backpack.

Going with the oldest trick in the book. Copy the cache, wtf, errors and addons folders in the wow retail folder into a backup folder load wow and the rebuild fresh if it is not a server side issue. In fact if you browse them you will realise most can be deleted and the will be rebuilt. You can always build back from the backup.

1 Like

Hi Ewavy
I’ve done all of what you suggested, but thank you.
I even done a fresh install, and deleted the character and restored it (something I was very reluctant to do as I was worried it would disappear with my bags!)
I tried playing without any addons for 4 days to see if that made a difference, but no.
I don’t think there is anymore I can do at my end, I put the addon Bagnon on to see if that would overwrite it, but it didn’t.

1 Like

Blizzard just closed my ticket; but from other forum posts I took a chance to just buy new bags. 4 x 32 slot bags equipped, relogged, everything was back. Cleaned out some slots, relogged, got my “original” 4 bags back too in my new bags.

For now it’s still good, let’s hope it doesn’t happen again until they fix the bug. Quite scary and annoying. I have so much memorabilia in the bags. :stuck_out_tongue:

The investigation into this issue is ongoing, so if any of you experience it again, please be sure to submit a Bug Report from the in-game Support menu, as the more specific examples that get sent in, the more data they’ll have to narrow down what’s causing it.

1 Like

Fingers crossed it stays ok for you Alduhr

1 Like

Hey Tibian, out of curiosity, do you have a Beta for Dragonflight? I have the same issue like you with disappearing bag and this is happening to a Live characters which I copied to Beta. Maybe this is connected somehow?