Error #132 (0x85100084) Please help!

Hello everyone,

Since the Shadowlands update Im getting error #132 and my game crashes a lot. It happens randomly, and sometime before crashing it takes me to windows then back in game and the game works at 5 fps before crashing.

I tried all the things posted in this forum and by Blizzard to fix it but I can’t get it done.

I repaired the game, reinstalled it, reset interface, did chkdsk and tried all kind of different stuff.

I would appreciate any kind of help as for me the game is beginning to be unplayable cause it crashes at most critical times… Thorghast… Bg’s… Dungeons… :frowning:

Thank you!

What hardware do you have (and what RAM settings/config)?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX XMP 2.0 DDR4 3000Mhz C15
Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 500 GB
Asus GeForge 1060 6gb

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks!

I have this issue too. On my ticket a GM gave me these things to try. Didn’t work for me, but maybe it works for you!

"The first thing I would do here is fully disable if not remove the Asus Gaming software. The crash looks like a Memory issue and this software does interact with memory.

Next, if this does not help, I would want to turn off anything that may be conflicting on the system. We can do this with a Selective startup. http://battle.net/support/article/23848 This will turn off everything that may be causing the problem. While this does turn them off, please make note you need to disable them from starting back up.

After this , if still crashing, I would ask to remove any overclocking that may be in use. Turning off XMP profiles and debug mode for the gpu.

I would like to run the game with Nvidia card on debug mode. You can do this by right clicking your desktop and selecting Nvidia Control panel. In here, select help and activate Debugmode.

Go to the game and try to play! If this still fails, some have reported launching the game from the folder and with the app closed helps , or changing the game to windowed and back to full scree while it is open. "

Hope it works!

Thank you for your kindness! I will try see if I can get this sorted out. Idk what could have happen that now out of the blue I’m getting this crashes… I have opened a ticket too, but will try to do some of the stuff you mentioned that I haven’t done yet!

Thank you!

This is fixed for me now, and you’re not going to like the solution lol.
New motherboard and cpu. My pc was crashing/freezing a couple times a day so I got replacements from Amazon as they were almost new.
So if the “memory can’t be read”- error is there, maybe the cpu is at fault?

Then it would crash in other apps or the whole system without relation to WoW. However WoW is quite picky when it comes to RAM so error 132 isn’t that uncommon.

Aside what you have been answered - some time ago the newer AGESA versions did cause this crash for Ryzen 3600 (and few other?) and users had to downgrade the BIOS/AGESA versions to make WoW working stable. If WoW will be crashing even without XMP and any OC/weird apps then it’s likely this. (and if no crashes in memory tests / benchmark apps).

Hi Friend

I’m leaving the link here “Solved” Enjoy Merry Christmas !