ERROR #132 crashes - im unable to determine the cause

Changing the timings did not helped.

Now im thinking about replacing my motherboard. It might be an MSI issue…

B550 AORUS MASTER looks pretty decent.

That would be weird. There could be RAM voltage set to low or the RAM kit not interacting properly… or roll of a dice.

You could try checking Windows logs post crash as well as collecting Blizzard logs: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/28923 to see if they say something more.

It’s quite an overkill for VRM and other aspects. I went for it after seeing those analysis on YT (Hardware Unboxed and others) plus B550 doesn’t have a fan like X570 :wink:

From HWinfo i can see that the ram never goes above 1.340V. Isnt that too low for CL16? Maybe i can increase it to 1.37-1.40V?

I cant find any Windows logs that were generated before or after WoW’s crash.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xeJIOtxHVhLepJID8-vklIvACQRZ7mpE/view?usp=sharing

Samsung B-die work on 1.5V pretty much when in XMP or OC. If it’s not based on Samsung B-die then it will differe a bit.

Manufacturer is Hynix RAM info

For Hynix it looks like 1.45V is recommended max safe 24/7 unless it would get really hot. 1.340V looks like XMP-off voltage (if it’s DRAM voltage and not some other).

DRAM voltage was indeed 1.340. Changed it to 1.40V and the PC was freezing when Windows loads. Im not that experienced with RAM OCing so i changed everything back to the default XMP profile.

Such an annoying issue…

Hm… you could let a memtest run over a night or a day to see if it will report errors. This is the one thing that remains likely.

Then if you can try other DDR4 memory could be handy. Motherboard/BIOS/AGESA problems would be the most weird (as those aren’t so common among all Ryzen users).

I do not want to jinx it but it was probably caused by unstable CPU or GPU undervolt that was causing issues only in WoW. After resetting my bios and removing the GPU undervolt i had no crashes. I did reapplied the GPU undervolt but with higher mV. No issues so far.

Fingers crossed my dude :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

In the battle net launcher, click settings. game settings, click world of warcraft, tick the box what says “additional command line arguments”. and type into the little box -d3d11 then click done.

What exactly does this do?

Forces DX11 mode. Overall it should never be needed unless some weird bug or quite old GPU.

I have the same issue on classic, but on Intel though.

Tried like everything, reinstall windows, play without addons.
Memtest86 passed with 0 errors, I dont want to rma them until im 100% sure its them causing this…

I doubt it’s anything related to hardware fault so no need for RMA. What’s your setup?

I’m also on an AMD Ryzen 3700X system and I tried everything I could possibly get my hands on yesterday for almost 6 hours. BIOS upgrades and downgrades, drivers updates and downgrades, removing all antivirus software. Basically everything Blizzard suggest…

What eventually fixed this error for me was to turn off the Discord overlay option in the Windows Discord app.