ERROR #132 crashes - im unable to determine the cause

From around a month im constantly getting #132 crashes. So far i tried updating everything, removing any possible overlay programs (except discord but overlay is disabled), tried moving addons away from Interface folder (deleted config too), reinstalled the game and checked my RAM for errors.

Everything works fine and no other game crash. The annoying part is that this is impossible to reproduce because the crashes are random, sometimes inside M+, some while doing nothing and some during the raid. Had one while i was afk in the city too. Last one was maybe 2 weeks ago? Today it crashed again.

I was reading the forums and saw some old posts with #132 crashes and it seems there was a problem with Zen2 CPUs back in the day too. Could that be a thing again now with Zen3? Got the latest BIOS and chipset driver.

A little help with this problem would be nice.

Error log : Error log - Pastebin.com

DxDiag: DxDiag - Pastebin.com

MSInfo: MSInfo - Pastebin.com

Got another crash today while i was afk and i was not even ingame. I was looking at my character in the character select menu. Im pretty sure that this rules out the addons.

Error ID: 5E726609-0898-4EB5-B19C-D5952D2B87A3

Cant paste the crash log because its too long for pastebin.

#132 is a generic memory error. Itā€™s also caused by RAM unstable OC and so on. So whatā€™s your RAM configuration? The game is quite picky about RAM and even if given settings passes with other apps it sometimes reliably fails in WoW.

Its G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL16. I tried both XMP profiles and tested them with different ram testing programs.

Im starting to believe that it might be a bios issue again. Zen2 CPUs had the same issue when they were released. (AGESA 132 crashes)

There was such problem, but mostly/only for Ryzen 3600. Iā€™m running 5900X too and itā€™s fine on a B550 board with similar memory config. You could check it without XMP at 2133MHz and see if it fixes - if yes, then maybe auto-timings are bad (Ryzen DRAM calculator can give you manual values) and if not then itā€™s not the RAM - either AGESA or something else.

Could it be related to the PBO undervolt i did to reduce the temps a bit? Never had system crashes or other app crashes with it.

if it affected the memory controller then maybe. WoW is very very picky with RAM. Good way to test it is to fly around Legion Dalaran main road for a while.

20min flying in Dalaran and no crashes. Wish it was easier to reproduce.

Updated to the latest beta BIOS, lets see if that helps.

New BIOS did not helped, after some more google digging i found other people with similar hardware setup having the same issue. Previous bios was AGESA 1.2.0.0, current one is 1.2.0.1

Question about G.Skill Trident Z neo and 5800X causing game crashes for WoW - how to lower my RAMā€˜s speed safely? : AMDHelp (reddit.com)

Whats your RAM and motherboard?

Gigabyte B550 AORUS MASTER, while RAM is 4x 8 GB manual timings (Patriot Viper 4200) set to 3800MHz 16-17-16-34-52-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR).

https://valid.x86.fr/ah3jx7
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/40669331

Are you using a pre 1.2.0.0 agesa bios?

I didnā€™t updated the BIOS that much so itā€™s between AGESA ComboV2 1.1.0.0 D and 1.0.8.1. I can update up to AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.0 from what I see.

I wonder if its possible to revert back to 1.1.0.0 Patch C, tho the latest bios update doubled the speed of L3 Cacheā€¦

Iā€™ve updated the BIOS and no crashes so far :wink:

Good luck! I had like 2 weeks with no issues and then 2 crashes in 2 daysā€¦

That guy from the reddit post said that he changed his motherboard and had 1 crash with it too, then it stopped? Changing the mobo is not something im looking forwardā€¦ and who knows if thats the issue, its probably somewhere between WoWā€™s engine/MSI bios/G.skill ram speeds+WoW not liking it or its an AGESA issueā€¦

Also downgrading the BIOS is not something im looking forward tooā€¦ 1.2.0.0 fixed the random restart issues and 1.2.0.1 fixed the bug with the L3 speedā€¦

You can check the Ryzen DRAM calculator and manually set all the timings it will tell you. There may be a chance that one of auto timings isnā€™t ā€œthe most stableā€.

I guess ill try that. Was researching it yesterday.

Heya,

Sorry to hear that you have been crashing recently. I had a look into the crashes and your files and it does look like Bigkeg is on the money. This is looking very much to be a hardware, compute/bios or memory level issue. The steps you are taking are along the right track and I hope that you are able to get it sorted.

Thereā€™s honestly not a lot we can suggest for hardware-level issues but you seem to be in good hands.

Loosened some of the timings based on what DRAM calc told me. Went from 16-19-19-19-39-85 to 16-19-19-21-39-85 and loosened a few others too. DRAM calc

None of the RAM testing programs found issues and no crashes after doing a few stress tests.

I somehow doubt that this will help but who knows. Its probably an AGESA issue againā€¦

Fully confirmed was only Ryzen 3600.

I did various WoW benchmarking and itā€™s somewhat easy to crash the game with some RAM configs. I managed to get a full run of various synthetic gaming benchmarks with like Ryzen 2200G at 3200CL15 RAM but managed to even cause a BSOD in WoW Classic. Same with TR1920X RAM OC or going hard on Intel 9400F and that 4400CL19 RAM kit I use.