Error code 132 - again

On a newly installed PC with Win11 WoW crashes all the time with the error code 132. Impossible to play the game… It doesn’t matter where I am or what I am doing. It might take 5 seconds after I log on or 10 minutes. The error message is the same all the time but the addresses it contains might differ.

I have done everything that is suggested in https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/8288

including reinstalling the game.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Some things that have been known to cause this issue in the past, in no particular order:

Game overlays, such as the nVidia one. Disable these if you haven’t already.

Run a ‘scan and repair’ - I know you’ve reinstalled, but this is worth trying too.

Run a program which checks your memory for errors (well, your PC’s memory anyway). You can see how to do this here:

If this identifies an error it’s a hardware problem and you could take this up with the people you bought your PC from - hopefully it’s still under warranty !

For the sake of being thorough, and assuming you are on a Desktop not a Laptop, I would reseat your memory DIMMs. This is very easy to do and usually a 2 minute job. Needless to say, ensure your PC is switched off and unplugged from the mains before you do this !

Let us know if none of these work.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions!

Here is a short status.
Game overlays:

nVidias disabled => Same problem.

Disabled DVR via the Game Bar according to section 1. Disable the Game Bar and DVR in Windows 11 via Settings, step 1-11. in https://windowsreport.com/disable-dvr-windows-11/ => Same problem.

Scan and repair: Done. => Same problem.

Testing the RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool. => RAM OK.

I have not reset the DIMMs physically, I trusted the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool…

So all in all, no solution yet. :frowning:

Some more ideas for you:

If you use Discord, try disabling the Discord overlay (Settings > Game Overlay)

Does this problem occur with all your toons or just one of them ? If you only have one toon, try rolling a new one and playing a bit to see if the issue still occurs.

One other thing that has apparently worked for some people is to run the WOW application in ‘compatibility mode’. Find WOW.exe (in a standard install it’s here: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_ ) and right-click. Choose ‘Properties’ from the pop-up menu. Click the ‘Compatibility’ tab and experiment with running it in compatibility mode for Win 7 or Win 8 and see if that helps.

You might have to raise a ticket though. If you can’t log on for long enough to do this, it’s possible to raise a ticket offline. You can do that here:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/167/solution

I’d recommend to submit a ticket with the MSINFO/DXDIAG and game error logs attached. #132 occurs if WoW cannot use the memory areas that should be reserved for it, so more often than not something else is accidentally encroaching on said memory areas (addons are the #1 culprit in that regard) - with any luck said “something” will show up in the logs. :slight_smile: