ESO OR FFXIV online

my subscription will end in couple of days i’ve been here for about 12 years now, so time for a change. any suggestions for either games ? ty

Hello Kitty’s Island Adventure

Both of those games have forums and dedicated Reddit areas, might be best to ask there.

Well, ESO is F2P game, sort of, and it looks amazing. I like it a lot, but the thing is that I play it like a week every day and all of a sudden completely forget it for months. Everything is voice-acted, stories are very good and you see other players everywhere. It is also quite easy to learn.

Final Fantasy I played few months but there is something that pushes me away from it. The combat is quite slow and the fact that a single character can master every class in the game is quite odd, especially for an altoholic like myself

Both the games have pros and cons, you’ll have to figure them yourself which you like more.

GUILD WARS 2!!

Complete Sentence.

Both games are great, but i will warn you that for eso you will very … very likely wanna sub for eso plus to get the crafting bag as playing without it … means you be playing inventory management a lot.

Honestly i will move to consoles games at this moment or a battle royale fps games.

MMORPG is heavily on the decline.

others and i have moved from bfa to ffxiv and we are enjoying it quite alot. loads to do at low lvls. it’s a story based MMO (if you’ve played any final fantasy games then you have alittle idea of what to expect)

you can also try it out for free upto lvl 30. unlike WoW which is a speed run to max level, you have loads to do while exploring ffxiv.

I play both of them and have tons more fun in them now since i also un subbed to WoW. Enjoy both or whichever of them you like most OP. ^^ My characters on ESO is 90 % elves and on FFXIV i play as a neko. (Don’t remember their race name now)

Oh god, that crafting bag is essential. You do get some other nice benefits via subbing like exp/gold boost, free crowns (the in-game shop currency), access to all DLCs, double bank space, double space for transmute stones (the special currency used for changing traits on gear), and some other perks.
Having said that, I actually joined WoW after coming from ESO. I’ve played it for a solid 5 years, and while the PvE side is growing, the PvP is deteriorating with every passing update. The lag and fps is absolutely unbearable, and even affects people doing trials I hear. But in Cyrodiil (PvP zone), it’s just… I can’t even explain it. Now, this is a game that relies on “bar swapping” for your abilities. So you might have 5 skills and an ultimate on a two handed weapon, then a bow with another 5 skills and an ultimate. When you need to actively bar swap during combat and it takes you 2 seconds, it’s unacceptable. I got reported for hacking because I was teleporting across their screen.
Don’t even get me started on the 5-10 minute regular load screens, and the occasional infinite ones where you need to alt+F4.
There are even RANDOM load screens just by moving around the map - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6197lWirsv4
These having been plaguing the game for a long time now. In fact, a lot of the existing bugs have.
ESO is a brilliant game, overshadowed by its crippling performance, laggy gameplay and bugs they simply don’t care, or can’t fix.
Did you know that EU players had login queues for 2 weeks? Yeah. They were not prepared for how many EU folk there would be, and the servers kept crapping themselves and kicking people offline, so they had to add login queues. You could be sitting there and waiting 30 minutes just to login.
EU also has more maintenance than NA for some reason. But I’m hoping that will be a thing of the past now they’ve upgraded the servers.
All-in-all it just feels like the whole thing is managed very amateurishly. It’s so refreshing to click play in the bnet launcher and know I’ll be logged into my character within 15 seconds. In ESO you’ve got time to go downstairs, make yourself some breakfast and a coffee, read the paper, hoover up the crumbs from your breakfast and slowly make your way back to the desk. It’s actually painful to think how much of my life I’ve wasted in load screens.
Anyway, hope I didn’t put you off.

I have played eso since it came out, I really like it a lot, but now have started FFXIV online and I really love it… it was hard for the first few levels while I got to know how some stuff works.

You can do a free trial for Final Fantasy to level 35 :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.