Ethical question

I completed my casual pvp gearing, 201 ilvl, hope to increase ranking slowly but neverthless reach to 1400 asap.

My intention was to save worldpvp for a better geared time, and now it has come.

First kills yesterday around Maldraxxus, first time i dealt with this ethical problem:
As long as you count as an honorable kill, even if you are lvl 56-58-60 fresh dinged low hp etc, i can try to kill you?
I decided YES (low lvl enemies killed didnt like it, i understand).

Thats my reason: game is broken, pvp most of all. When i fight fully geared pvp players over 40khp i am basically the easy pray
so kill and let be killed as long as it is ‘honorable’.

What is your point of view?

If it’s red, it’s dead. Don’t like it? Turn WM off.

8 Likes

There are no rules or ethics when it comes to WM. So anything goes.

But, if someone with 38k+ hp goes “try-hard”-mode (so waiting me up in stealth as Moonkin and popping all their cooldowns when I am just level 50) to kill me more than 2 times I just /lol at them and assume they still live in their mom’s basement.

1 Like

WM on you can kill whatever you want. Personally i don’t bother with low levels unless they attack me. I know they’re only having WM on for the xp boost and since i’m a merciful god i let them be.

When i’m levelling on the Horde i don’t turn on WM cause it’s not worth the 10% bonus just so i can constantly get ganked by max level Cun
Alliance players. Since i’m on a rp server i don’t phase like players on normal servers and with an Alliance/Horde ratio of 70/30% i rather just level up wmless.

If its red its dead. The only unethical thing about World PVP is if you stay near their corpse to kill them repeatedly, it could be a kid trying to do a quest there’s no reason to make him cry. Dont do to others what you dont want done to you.

4 Likes

I don’t attack low level people or characters with very low gear (when I see they have between 20-25k HP) on purpose. It doesn’t give me a “thrill” to oneshot people who can’t fight back properly. However when I see them harassing allies or abusing safe locations as a ranged class, I engage immediatly.^^

2 Likes

I don’t kill below 60 ever even if they attack me (unless they become too annoying but that only ever happened once), I find it pathetic. I usually don’t attack low geared players either.

But if someone tries to kill me when I’m low HP from mass pulling mobs during quests or being repeatedly annoying, I corpse camp them until they log out. I had fair share of people logging an alt just to let me know how interested they are about my love life after their 5th death :grin::rofl:

Well, i find more balanced to kill every honorable kill player without corpse camping anyone, just my point of view

There are no ethics in a PvP game mode, and no rules, except your own unwritten personal ethics/rules. Imo, your enemy turned on WM because they wanted PvP content, give it to them. You are their content, and they are your content. Ofc, up to the individual what is fun. That’s what matters, do what you find fun!

For me: kill them all, whispers are the reward
 the WPvP prize!

For you: whatever ya want!

1 Like

If you’re expecting any form of rule book how to treat people in w-pvp, it doesn’t exist. Its your own standards vs how that person might be feeling / doing at that time of day.

9/10 times theres a very good chance you’re going to get farmed if they can actively corpse camp you from experience.

1 Like

i usually just gank every aliance player i find.
thats what they get for all the ganking in the maw.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.