EU treated differently?

I posted an issue here yesterday and it has now been closed.

I was told I can’t report bugs here, yet the US forums have a section specifically for bugs.

We have been told in the past Q&As to report issues in the forums, to give detail so that issues can be resolved.

several people having the same issues can give better insight into what’s actually happening.

stop trying to stop discussion on in-game issues.

also I was asking what was happening with the issue, we do not get feedback from bug reports, customer service ticket agents appear to have no information, so no point in wasting their time.

It would be handy if we were actually told what was going on instead of feeling like these issues are not even being looked at which will result in people leaving a broken game.

3 Likes

The people who deal with bugs are in the US so that’s why the forums over there have the bug section. Bugs everywhere else are dealt with by the ingame report.

1 Like

Big clue there.

Was the specific word issue not bug? Another clue.

edit: you made it in the CS forum. DO GMs fix bugs… answer on a postcard.

Answer: no.

Also you’re 'bug report contained nothing of use to actually fix the issue other than there’s a pathing issue in the raid.

And… Dottie, you dont half get around these forums.

1 Like

The game originates from the (US) so much more time and effort is put into it, the whole overlay, and information sheet is different. They also have a different mentality when it comes to customer support through live chat, or tickets. Its like that with all their games.

The support from games originating from (EU) will also always have the better layout and support figure. over any other region. And also the fact that dottie pointed out.

1 Like

I had a quick look on the US forum. It appears to be mostly people posting what issues they are having and not many have discussions. Some times players try to help others but on the whole it does really seem much different from filing a bug report in game.

Essentially it’s still just information that is passed on.

World of Warcraft

Before You Report

Try checking WoWHead for any skill, quest, item, or NPC involved in the problem, and check the top-rated comments. You may find helpful instructions from other players about the issue, along with potential solutions/workarounds to known issues.

In-Game Bug Report

Bug reports can also be filed in-game in World of Warcraft®. Reports submitted in this fashion will not receive a response. Instead, they’ll be directed to the teams responsible for addressing them.

To report a bug in-game:

1. Click Help to open the Customer Support window.
  2. Click Submit Bug .
  3. Enter the details of the bug, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  4. Click Submit .

Restoration Requests

If a loss of in-game property occurred in World of Warcraft as the result of the bug you are reporting, please submit a ticket to request restoration. While every effort will be made to verify and correct any loss experienced, restoration cannot be guaranteed.

I just had a look on the bug forums and I can see why they dont have them here. It’s a waste of time as they can’t be used to reproduce a bug. Most of them dont even pass as English! Okay, slight exaggeration there.

It’s because blizzard doesn’t care about anything outside the US

3 Likes

Frankly they don’t seem to care all that much about US either nowadays. It’s all about china now.

2 Likes

I have reported the bugs through the in-game system, in beta, PTR and live, my question in the other post was enquiring into whether they are doing anything about them.
Players can put up with frustrations a bit better when they know that the issues are at least being looked into. keep us in the dark, or seem to not care about frustrations and we may just go elsewhere.

This post was asking if EU are being treated differently and from all your nice replies it seems that yes we are.
Which is a bit of a shame as we pay our money, just like US customers do.

Not really. Posting a bug on the forums and getting no updates isn’t really any different from posting a bug via the in game system. The information is going to the right people. The Customer Service Agents can’t help you with bugs most of the time. At best they can tell you the Devs are aware.

Some issues are listed here

And you can follow the CS EU Twitter

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN

The Dev Twitter is also useful

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs

I do understand it can be frustrating at times.

I’ve heard that 99% of bug reports are things they’re already aware of (no I didn’t 100% pull that number out of my ***)

First of all, ‘the developers’ dont squish bug that’s Q&A (developers). They dont have time to hand hold every player who submits a ‘bug’.

I just noticed you never said what this bug is.

There’s possible outcomes.

It’s not a bug in the first case. There are many so-called bug reports in the forums when pressed for details they aren’t actual bugs, just the way the game works.

It’s not so easy to fix: development isn’t a case of changing this to fix that. If a bug got introduced it’s a good chance something was changed to made something work and it had an effect on something else. Fixing that bug would probably break something else.

Its not a high priority. There’s only so many Q&A stuff and there’s probably 100s of little bugs and they cause next to no problems so they can be fixed.

They can’t reproduce it: most bug reports are 100% garbage. Have a look at the US bug forums.“X ability doesn’t work blizzard fix it. lol.”

EU treated differently?
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: Yes, we are treated differently.

2 Likes

my report of the bugs can be found here Pet Pathing Issues

This forum is not read by devs, it’s just a support group for disillusioned players.

It can also be used to organise things like in-game events or new guilds, but don’t expect anyone from Blizz to read, answer, or care.

No idea why this is the case, the EU is a massive lump of players and it feels like we should matter, but… Blizzard… communication… it doesn’t work like that.

1 Like

OK maybe now the instructions have appeared in blue you’ll report bugs in game :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.