Exit game to remove combat

Finally I bring myself to log in today. It’s raining outside so nothing better to…

I tried to play there and there is a problem. Cannot get out of combat and the only way to get out is open task manager and quit game.

What is that about? This is on several chars in various zones.
Why has this ancient problem never even been looked at.
its a bit pathetic that they want me to pay for this weirdly behaving game.
What is the cause of this? Anyone know? It’s not ideal for class that rely on stealth

1 Like

I still would like it to be possible to see what you are in combat with. As far as I know, there exists no way to see that.

1 Like

You can just use Alt F4 to close the game instead of Task Manager its alot easier

Yea I could have I actually forgot about that. been trolled by it when I was new.
It wouldnt let me exit by normal means.

I find that engaging something and killing it gets me out of combat nine times out of ten :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Laughs in Feign Death

2 Likes

I’ve had this so much in BfA it drives me nuts. There’s been times logging out doesnt work, so alt+f4 ,and come back in and still in combat. After running half a mile away into the ocean lol.

2 Likes

feign death does not always clear for me anyway.

Boon of Bwonsamdi makes it even worse :rofl:

(And I refuse to unequip undead passive for a frog - suffer well :sob:)

Is it particularly inside visions (that didn’t work for me the 1st and only time i tried it xD) or in the open-world?
If its open world the easiest(and most annoying) way is to hearth out.
well iguess the most annoying way is to shut down the game :confused:

Can you hearth in combat?

There is an enchant that lets you in bfa zones I believe but not sure if that only works on Kul Tiras/zuldazar or also includes others zones.

1 Like

Yeah you can, if you don’t get interrupted.
I.E. if your “stuck in combat” but no enemies around.

Btw i’m questioning myself atm here, but from what i remember is that i could do it. Did it in dungeons last night while stuck in combat.

1 Like

Yes u can use hs in combat. I’ve used it when i’ve been stuck in combat at least.

1 Like

yeah that is the only way i can be sure that when I log back in hours later I will definately be out of combat.

I was reading the old forums there… Some posters were saying that it could of been a critter somwhere that has been aggrod and not killed. Kinda makes sense but still very very annoying.

Please Blizz look into this. It seems to of happening for years LOL.

1 Like

The combat bug is ancient. And it’s typically because you’re in combat with a critter that has legged it a mile away from you but it never resets.

Had they removed the ability for critters to attack this issue would’ve been rectified for the most part…

Other times you’re stuck in combat with invisible mobs or a spawn point “mob” underground. Two examples of this is Nazmir;

• WQ where you have to kill 8 mobs and free 6 spirits from these vases (for some reason you aggro these spirits that are invisible after they ‘despawn’)

• WQ above the northern outpost between Bwazambiwussisname’s temple. There’s a skeleton pile that spawns three skeletons in waves. If you attack those skeletons you ‘aggro’ that pile. You can remove combat by destroying this pile, there’s no visual nameplate for it though so you have to target it directly.

This combat bug has been so prevalent on Shadow Priests since Legion due to Void Eruption’s AoE burst hitting anything in its radius.

1 Like

Actually, Shadowmeld, Feign Death, Invisibility etc. doesn’t work in some cases.

1 Like

Those damn critters!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.