Expected DPS m+

Hi been running m+ a few months and trying outlaw . I normally run assas read all the guides watched dratnos etc . And my dps can vary from 19k to 27k fot a 10 + but a few times I have had people moaning about my sucky dps and not knowing rogue despite been the top of the meter .
Just what exactly should it be? And what where am I going wrong?
Characters name is Wordack eu dreanor any help greatly received ;p

Howdy! I wouldn’t take DPS personal. Aslong as you perform well mechanically and have the right traits + talent lay out, you should be ok in terms of damage, damage obviously matters but how much damage you do will always varie based on how much the tank pulls. Its stupid to ask for x-damage when the mobs you are presented with will never help you rack up that amount of damage… Helps to know skips etc too and if your group intends on doing any for mentioned skips.

On reaping wave a good way to tell if your doing good damage as a outlaw rogue is if your damage is nearing or is over 100k DPS when the majority of the pack is there for you to cleave.

edit: replace your chest piece when you can for a 3rd deadly shot, you only need one keep your wits about you due to changes. I wouldn’t bother using blade rush or Killing spree unless you know the mobs in the dungeon is vary limited/small. Such as Kings Rest regardless of fortified or tyrannical week.

TL:DR The more up time on blade flurry the better

edit 2: here is a good website to refer to for rotation if you ever feel like your second guessing how well you’re doing http:// www. ravenholdt .net /outlaw-guide/#rot

DPS really depends on pull size, pace, affixes and dungeon. That said, I don’t think I’ve ever been below 20k on Outlaw on a +10 or higher. 25k would be fairly good for a 10 - 12 pug. 30k and above for more organized groups that know what they are doing.

One thing I can tell you for sure - get rid of that 2nd Keep Your Wits About You trait. You only need 1. More than one makes you lose a lot of DPS on bosses or mobs where you aren’t using Blade Flurry.

Also use Dancing Steel instead of Blade Rush for M+. Works wonders for Blade Flurry uptime.

Edit: I’d say you still want Dancing Steel even in Kings’ Rest, but I can understand the argument for running the other talents there as well, especially on Tyrannical. KR is the only dungeon where not running Dancing Steel is even a real choice though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.