Experince - second character

First of all, I want to start by saying how much I’m loving the game and how much fun I’ve had playing all this time. I levelled a warlock, enjoyed the beta, and praised the levelling experience, insisting it wouldn’t be painful as it seemed to go quickly with the mob XP and the quests outside dungeons.

Now I’ve tried levelling a second character to test, and it has been far slower. I’m not sure whether something has changed outside dungeons in terms of total quest XP or mob XP per kill. Either way, I decided to stick with it and jump into dungeons to ease the pain, but I was getting almost no experience from mobs, and you’ve also nerfed the quests.

I’m not trying to throw a tantrum, but I want to say that you’re moving away from the “bringing everyone together/community building” idea by doing this. People are far less likely to go into dungeons when professions cover the gear aspect and quests give far better experience. You’re taking away from the game, and this is not a good change.

Please look at reverting the mob experience in dungeons, and explore creative ways to stop boosting rather than destroying dungeons altogether. Mages have already been hit with nerfs to directly combat this. I get it, a lot of streamers made a lot of noise about the dungeon quest exp, but they are not the majority; they play the game all day, every day, for a living. I’m not asking for retail levelling, but can we find a happy medium where a great aspect of the game isn’t destroyed.

Would love to hear from someone in Blizzard about this, the forums are a 2 way communication tool, we dont need streamers for everything…

2 Likes

An interesting concept for you: if you want to discuss dungeon XP, post in the existing threads. There is no need to create essentially the same discussion with a different title. Blizzard has already explained that dungeon quest XP was reduced because players were gaining too many levels from dungeon quests during a single run. You can read the patch notes for the reasoning.

You’re also presenting the argument that people will stop doing dungeons because professions cover gear and open-world quests give better XP as though it’s a fact, when it’s really an assumption. People will still run dungeons for gear, complete their quests, and move on to the next zone. Before the nerf, dungeon quests could give you multiple levels from a handful of quests. That has been reduced, but they still provide a substantial amount of XP. You can run the dungeon, get gear, complete the quests, and continue questing. If you don’t get useful gear, run it again. There’s nothing stopping you.

And regarding streamers, the idea that a handful of them are determining how the game is developed is exaggerated. They have a voice, but the wider player base provides far more feedback and data. You’re also unlikely to get a community manager to respond here and reverse the changes. If Blizzard changes anything, it’ll most likely be through another hotfix and the patch notes.

So, take a step back and add your feedback to the existing dungeon XP threads instead of creating another duplicate. One consolidated thread is far more useful to community managers and developers than having to sift through multiple threads making the same argument. Common sense works both ways.

1 Like

I feel you on this entirely, I honestly love the game and think that the dungeon quest exp nerf was totally unjustified.

To all the NPCs who say otherwise, it doesn’t affect you in the long run, you can skip the dungeon quests if you love walking that much, not blaming anyone for how they play the game but it felt like a nice compensation for the initial dungeon mob experience nerf.

It was the perfect balance to actually inspire you to create alts afterwards knowing the game was balanced.

1 Like

Here’s an interesting concept for you, stop being an insufferable wanna be know it all. Nobody cares about your personal opinion.
You go on everyone’s posts telling them what they can’t write about. I’m not sure why you think you get to decide where and how people post. Thanks, but no thanks. Enjoy your day.

3 Likes

You know this goes both ways?

You choose forum to express your personal opinion so why someone else should now stay behind and not express it? Not only your opinion matters.

This is how a feedback is provided.
There’s even a search bar on top of the forum.
We have handful of threads with exactly same topic.

He doesn’t get to decide, but if you read what he adviced to you, you might view this differently.
For example, if we had few active forum moderators, your post would be essentially marked as duplicate, closed and merged into existing thread discussing the same topic.

1 Like

Oh, the irony of opening with “nobody cares about your personal opinion” while taking the time to write a response to my opinion. I suppose that means you care enough to disagree with it, which is perfectly fine. You are also welcome to enjoy your day, although I’m not entirely sure why you felt the need to announce it.

I’m not telling you what you can and can’t write. You’re free to make as many posts about dungeon XP as you want. I’m simply pointing out that if you’re going to make claims about the changes, it would probably be better to separate facts from assumptions. Saying that people will stop doing dungeons because of the XP changes is an assumption, not a fact. There’s a rather significant difference between the two.

So by all means, continue posting your opinions. Nobody is stopping you. Likewise, I’m perfectly entitled to respond to them and point out where I think your argument falls apart. If that somehow makes me an “insufferable know-it-all,” then I suppose we’ll both just have to survive the experience.

1 Like

Thank you for the pro tip. Have a good day.

I do find it interesting that once the discussion reaches the point of distinguishing actual facts from assumptions, the response suddenly becomes “thanks for the pro tip” and ends there. Developers are far more likely to get something useful from constructive feedback based on facts, evidence, and actual gameplay data than from emotional arguments built around assumptions about what players supposedly will or won’t do. But I suppose when the argument reaches that point, dismissing it with a sarcastic “pro tip” is certainly one way to avoid addressing it.

You have a nice life <3

1 Like

not true. I do care about his opinion much more than yours, that’s for sure

Extremely emotional right now, thank you for your support in these difficult times. I hope for the last time, Have a good day.

1 Like