Extremely laggy keyboard input

Recently, I have been experiencing absolutely extreme keyboard lag in Wrath of the Lich King Classic. It’s not always consistent either, it gets worse, and better, mostly randomly.
The game runs just fine, and often, if I hold down the right mouse button, the keyboard responds quicker.
It feels very much like the keyboard buffer fills up, and lags behind… If you make several movements, my character will do all the movements, even when I’ve let go of the keys, and at worst, this means that my character can move around on screen for several seconds after I’ve stopped pressing keys.
And yes, you’d immediately say “well, reset your addons and clear your wtf folder.” and felt certain that I’d only forgotten to try something as basic as that, but no, I’ve done that. I’ve even completely reinstalled wow from scratch. I’ve shut down tons of other running background processes as well.
My system has a Ryzen 9 7900 CPU, so it shouldn’t lack for power to run WoW, and it’s never an fps issue, and it doesn’t affect move movements in any way, only keyboard. I’ve even tried with a different keyboard, to rule that out.

Any suggestions to what I could do to solve this issue? At best it’s annoying, at worst, it’s so bad I can hardly play the game.

EDIT: Right, turns out the game no longer works properly when running in windowed mode. Changing to “Windowed (Fullscreen)” fixed the issue entirely. Never had to do that in the past, but clearly “improvements” have been done to the game changing this behavior. Well, problem solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.