Faction change feature idea

I have an idea. This is a suggestion for Blizz.

What if you, Blizz, implement faction change but only from horde to alliance? You restrict faction change from alliance to horde. This way, you hit 2 birds with 1 stone. You help the faction imbalance of the game, and also give faction change for those that want it.

Thoughts about this?

2 Likes

That would work only on paper, in reality most will not move… they get stuck “hoping for someone else to move”, and eventually only a small portion will do it and mostly nothing changes.

1 Like

Suggestions are made ingame, the forums are for telling other players about stuff.

1 Like

I don’t think that is a set rule, and think you just made it up. It is GENERAL forums anyway.

And was also asking the opinion of the community.

3 Likes

Horde won’t change because they got:

• HvH (nothing restricts PvP population growth)
  • Player numbers (wPvP advantage, farm spots control, more players to chose from for arenas, BGs, raids or heroics).
  • Racials that are considered the best in arena (forsaken and orcs) and raiding (orcs and trolls).
  • Faction change price higher than transfer price (for some on rare Alliance dominated servers it would be easier to transfer, than pay for faction change judging by retail prices for those services)
  • Retail influence (many had been playing Horde for a decade on retail).
  • Social reasons (when player transfers he does it with friends, guild or if he has no strong ties left and in most cases this is due dying realm they played on. Faction change has less motivation, unless players want advantages I mentioned earlier)
2 Likes

no thanks i rather have faction imbalance than immersion breaking same faction bgs because all zugs reroll human rog and dwarf priest

Many wouldnt change regardless. Maybe some people who would want OP dwarf priest or human rogue for arenas, but thats pretty much it id say. People who play alliance for other reasons probably are already on the alliance side.

Remember that humans have the sword&mace specialization (extra expertise), and diplomacy (10% more rep), which is huge for pve in this expansion. Diplomacy alone is really good.

So I think most play horde not because of racials, but because of the aesthetic of the faction and lore.

No, you have to allow us to flee this dying faction. For the first time outside of AV weekend I’ve done BGs today on an alt, it is atrocious how bad it has become. Everyone that ever cared about PvP on alliance has either quit or rerolled. Just finish it off and close the faction down completely.

2 Likes

You are funny one, I will use diplomacy next time warlock, priest or warrior fears me or spirit bonus to help me resist a stun. Sure I have perception, but that can be replaced with paranoia buff and even counter played by waiting out 20 sec fefencivly or by aggressive sap of a human.

Hey snowflake, I was talking about pve not pvp. Read again.

Maybe mercenary mode for alliance players when there is hvh.

You know that in Wrath Orcs will have healing debuff part removed from Blood Fury and Trolls would have personal 20% haste MINI-BL HP% conditions lifted, right?
The only advantage Alliance had in Classic PvE were Paladins with Salva, auras and great target healing.

No, the problem is way beyond PvP. I don’t play retail but merc mode is PvP only right?

The problem with Alliance on all but two PvP servers (I don’t count dead realms like Bloodfang) the faction is less than 1/3 of Horde meaning open world disadvantages (PvP objectives, getting to dungeons and using summoning stones etc).

Furthermore it is much harder to find people to do content since the player pool is much lower (dungeons, raids, arena and pvp premades etc).

So either x-realm groups/arenas or free faction transfer because Alliance is in such a sad state at the moment and HvH was the final nail in the coffin.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.