Faction change in the future?

Hi!

I have been enjoying Season of Discovery a lot ever since the release of it. A really good job from everyone involved I must say, definitely a new spice to ‘‘vanilla’’ WoW.

Something I have been thinking about is character migration & faction change in the future.

As many others, I have spent a lot of time on my main character, grinding WSG to exalted, AB to exalted (was not as much as a grind as WSG was), farmed professions and other reputations and therefore got a lot of days on /played at max level, both during phase 1 and phase 2.
A previous guild of mine with many friends has decided to start playing SoD and they are prepping for phase 3 and rolling on the same server as me, although the other faction. I would have loved to join them, but deleting my character that I have put so much effort and time into is something I really do not want to do.

I know that previously, faction changes during ‘‘vanilla’’ has been a big no-no. Is this something that could potentially change for Season of Discovery perhaps? Also taking into account that racials etc will be quite mixed etc. So people might be able to faction/race change to other alternatives and not play the race that they felt they had to chose.

1 Like

If they add this the servers will go from 50-50% to 100% ally or horde so no…

I’m sure the paladins and shamans would live a faction change for sure :smile:

Since Blizzard won’t try at all to balance racials(or shamans) I think this is the only solution.

Let me give you my money Blizzard thank you!

Not faction but Race change would be awesome