Faeline stomp visibility

I hate as a tank that I only see this damn thing for a split second before I’m guessing where the rng tree is and If I’ve positioned the pack well enough for the monk to stay on top of it.

It’s quite a cluttered visual but at the same time dislike that I barely have enough time to register it while focusing on my own rotation and just hoping that the monk can do his thing.

1 Like

Or they could design something that doesn’t feel like an extra affix for the group.

2 Likes

The way I try to do it, is adjust to the tank. I always cast essence font before pull, then cast faeline stomp when I feel things are good. Sometimes it fails, some tanks (unlike yourself) just don’t care what healer they play with. Healing Raid, Faeline Stomp, they act like it’s not there ! (pugs ofc) !

Maybe a hot take, but after the recent changes I think a Mistweaver should just learn how to position FLS and when to use it.

I know there are still frustrating situations even if you played it correctly - like the occasional very, very small FLS that stopped because on the floor was some dust. :slight_smile:

But with 20sec total CD and the 8sec tolerance you get after leaving the FLS animation + Chi Burst being a virtually guaranteed reset, you almost have to actively make bad decisions to run into a bad situation. You’re still on the line even if you’re not perfectly on the visual effect (you can check for… well I forgot, but either Awakened Faeline of Ancient Concordance buff) and SCK has 8y range to hit something.

I’m personally against making party members see the animation more than they do now. There’s already so much stuff on the floor.

Do other healers have equally punishing abilities that are as susceptible to map glitches and external factors as FLS?

I dont know. I dont really play other healers.

But it also does not happen THAT frequently if you play it correct.

You could even bridge the gap of FLS uptime with Chi-Ji. If you’re running into this issue every second pull, you just have to be more careful (or mobs die fast because the key is not very high, then it should be even less of an issue if it is not ready for next pull).

I don’t know either tbh so it wasn’t a loaded question. I played resto druid for my first 4 years before monk came out but I never felt like my abilities are working against me. The content was challenging and my class was strong, it never tried to sabotage me even “infrequently”.

Faeline stomp’s evolution seems like a joke to me.

Man steps into a nail and goes to the doctor.

Doctor partly pulls it out and asks
“is this alright?”
“No, there’s a nail in my foot”.
He pulls it a little more.
“Is this better?”
“No, there’s still a nail in my foot”.
He twists it a little and kisses the leg.
“How about now?”

FLS isn’t some super overpowered CD that justifies having ANY non-deterministic element tied to it. It’s one of our core healing mechanics that brings us in line with other healers (assuming we can stay in melee). It’s bad design.

There are places/spots where you don’t see it fully, is that what you’re referring to? It’s a bit annoying yeah.

Honestly it’s just w/e if the tank pulls it out, i will just go back in and use a Chi-Burst 90% of the time it get’s reset, if not 1-2 Renewing Mists also do the trick.

They just need to change the spell, just keep the frontal for damage (as WW) dunno how it works for other specs, and to apply the debuff, and then instead of having to stand in it, to get a reset, give it as a buff to us instead, would be so much better.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.