Far too many buttons to press now

I think there are far too many buttons to press now. I mean it’s nice that you got some oldschool spells back but I think it’s a bit much. Not sure how I feel about it all to be honest.

Thoughts?

8 Likes

We got what we asked for.

Over the past 12 months I saw no campaigning for “don’t un-prune” and a lot of people cheering it on and looking forward to restored skills.

We knew what that would mean (especially anyone with 12+ years of time in WoW!) and we accepted it.

1 Like

To be fair I’m experimenting with a lot of classes so I’d have to come back in a few weeks to give a definite but from what I’ve seen and done so far isn’t the question - how many of those buttons I actually need to use…

Level 19 rogue I was messing around with last night in combat I think I need to press realistically 4 buttons despite having 11-12 if not more

Edit - that was pve I’m trying some pvp tonight

1 Like

Most of them are mega situational.

Warriors for example all have shield bash now, but you may need it only if you swap weapons mid fight in order to be pocket tank.

Yes and shield block, so we’re back to changing weapons again. I mean I’m happy that Fury get some defensive spells like that and ignore pain, but other classes have many more buttons to press.

1 Like

In the pruned times pro-pruned players do not complain on forums but pro-unpruned players do - and vice-versa :wink:

That’s the reason why you did not see campaigning for “don’t un-prune” as you will not see campaigning for “un-prune” now.

3 Likes

Just get a MMO mouse with side buttons 4head

2 Likes

The great unpruning is a stupid move that the devs made.
Instead of adding useful abilities in the next ~5 expansions that we could keep, they added 5~ old spells that are irrelevant most of the time.

11 Likes

Whelp, there’s a lesson for us all there about ignoring (months of) discussions about subjects you care about because the status quo is currently good for you :slight_smile:

I don’t feel like they’re too many buttons, I remember playing with 40+ binds as a pvp Feral in Wotlk and Cata and it was just fine. We’re nowhere near to that nowadays

Just make an Alt-Press macro button and you’ll be fine.

I have the razor naga mouse so I am having to use shift + mouse 1 - 12.

It’s hit and miss, there are definitely one or two completely useless abilities (melee abilities for non-enhancement shamans) but overall, it was great.
Curses are amazing for warlock, so is baseline portal.

I’m looking forward to more unpruning, so that the game can resume being what it was before Legion: an enjoyable game.

My thoughts are, I’m not going to use slam or hamstring as fury so I won’t bother putting it on my bars until there might be a reason for it. I’m also not going to use shield slam as arms so I won’t be putting that on my bars either. I might make a macro for shield block if and when I get a shield but otherwise don’t see much point to that either.

1 Like

May I ask why? Piercing howl is no longer spammable. (30 second CD) Hamstring has always been a decent spell for Warriors. Also shield slam may be good when playing defensively for a bit of extra damage.

(I’m strictly speaking pvp though)

1 Like

Because I was unaware of this :joy: Havnt really paid much attention to the details of the changes, but if this is the case then I’ll simply replace howl with hamstring and make a shift bind for the same button incase I do need howl.

What a stupid change :unamused: who even asked for this.

1 Like

Thought so xD It’s just weird that Fury can now use Hamstring.

to much to push?, dont push it then…

only having what you need to push, aint optimal and over simplified. I welcome more spells, stances etc… as it gives you options!

And you call yourself a warrior-main?! We better get something out of orc-leather to spank you right here, right now.

1 Like

Hey! I barely got to play yesterday okay! And I’m not a warrior main :grin: it’s just my forum char! But the spanking sounds good.

It is and it looks out of place!

2 Likes