Farewell…. Little lion

Anyone noticed that when Sylvanas called Anduin “little lion” it’s almost the same nickname she gave her brother “little sun”

I didn’t, and I won’t, since I’m not reading that novel. But some reviews I saw said as much, so you’re probably right.

Now… can you explain how interesting that is? As I gather, she was close to her little brother and feels like she failed in protecting him, when he died, yes? And Anduin somehow riminds her of him. She still willingly enslaved him, though, even if she did so regretfully. So… did it matter in any way that I’m not seeing? Or do you think it can be used in an interesting way for future plots, since quite a few of us are actually pretty happy to leave the Shadowlands plot behind for good?

2 Likes

The novel is framed around Sylvanas explaining her life’s story to Anduin, when she was trying to convince him to join them. The association from her standpoint is because they’re both young blonde men of a similar temperament and idealism, with Anduin by the end accusing her of veiwing him as sort of a proxy for her brother.

Vereesa’s grief wasn’t very explored past the direct aftermath, where she admitted to training him behind Sylvanas’s back, after the death of their parents, because it drove a wedge between them, which they didn’t get to mend.

Sylvanas was more or less forced to work through it, while rallying herself mentally to rebel against Arthas.

It’s not terrible and about the best one could expect from it given the context of them having to reconcile 20 years of lore, first half of bfa, second half of bfa and shadowlands into something resembling a story.

1 Like

My ex called me little pp which is almost the same, so i wonder if i dated Sylvanas… :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.