Farmer me, help wanted

So I’ve grown frustrated with the bleeding sea Ray mount. Got 7 120s with all being maxxed at fishing, but mount is nowhere to be seen.

Thus, and with the upcoming 8.2 gimmick which allows you to use your water mounts, I’ve decided to farm me the shark mount from conjurer Maly. Boring as hell, but two hours on I’m almost done. Not that bad.

Are there any cool mount farms you’d recommend next? I skipped most of MoP, and all WoD and Legion.

Thanks all.

MoP :
-Do the 4 World Bosses, all have a chance to get a mount.
-Zandalari Warbringers in Kun’Lai, Jade Forest, Krasarang, Tanglong all have a chance to drop their respective colored Direhorn
-Huolon in Timeless Isles
-Mogushan raid with Elegon mount.
WoD :
-You can catch a few mounts with your garrison quests
-Poundfist is a rare that have a long respawn in Gorgrond that 100% drops a Gronnlin
-Pathrunner in Shadowmoon valley can drop a Talbuk.
-There’s a few rares in Nagrand that can drop mounts.
-There is a ugly hippopothamus mount thingy in Talador from a rare that spawn in the rivers.
-Rukhmar the worldboss can drop a sweet mount in Spire of Arak.
-Archimonde in HFC can drop a mount.

Legion:

• Gul’Dan drops a mount
    And uuuuh, class specific mounts.
2 Likes

I’ll add this.
Do blackrock atleast 4 times in WoD(After the iron maidens fight go behind a pile of resource. There’s a guy with a quest) so you get instant access to blackhand and his mount.

oh, and for legion. The Falcosaur mounts are quite unique.

The artifact fishing pole from Legion is a nice alternative.

1 Like

Got it on two chars. It’s awesome indeed. But sadly unlike mounts it’s not account wide, no chance I’m getting it for each char, takes too long.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Will try, perhaps, some WoD luck then.

Falcosaur are still on my to-do list because of the awful pet battle WQs that are often against hard-counters. And because some of them require visiting a raid.

Yes. The ones for the Night hold are tricky. But Xavius is a cake walk when you do the LFR solo. So that one should be doable.
As for the quests.

• Login on one character not any other 110+.
  • Do the quests you can do for each of them.
  • now login on a lvl 110+ alt.
  • You can do the next quest in the chain. But only if you haven’t logged in on that alt for the day.
  • repeat for every 110+ alt you have.

Also in MoP you can get Bone white Raptor from Isle of Giants by collecting 9999 dino bones

1 Like

i’m totally not an experienced pet battler, for every encounter i need to look up what’s best. Some fights weren’t easy but the lfr version of the raids i had to enter with my hatchlings were by far the easiest thing i had to do. Needless to say that i had so much focus that i have all 4 mounts now and an extra faction to get rep with.

If you haven’t already, when the darkmoon faire is next live, go there and fish up 500 darkmoon daggermaw from the waters around the isle, then turn them in at the docks there, for the exact same mount lol has a slight colour difference. Million times easier and the fish are gauranteed every cast.

Awesome. Didn’t know about this one. Thank you so much

1 Like

Half quest, half farm business would be the questline for the sky serpents in jade forest. It starts in Arboretum with saving eggs from the island nearby, then you can raise your new born sky serpent. To boost the rep in between the racing quests, you can farm eggs from timeless isle or the island from the quest and turn them in. If it’s not bugged even more than it became after MoP already, it’s kinda fun^^

Dont worry about the colour, you can buy all of them once you hit exalted. Not sure if the quest is even required anymore.
The faction also sells the recipes for the jewelry mounts, so you might want to consider doing it with a toon with this profession.

If you started playing MoP, you probably have the onyx serpent from Shado-Pan already, it’s the reward for their main quest-story line. They also sell for exalted the 3 panther mounts.

There are two riddle mounts in the game, ask youtube for details. It’s a hell of a travel^^
Likewise there are two riddle pets, B’aal, for which you need Uuna from Argus planet (which is a mount drop paradise! like 20 or so), to unlock the boss that drops Uuna (a non-fighting pet), you need to collect stuff first (easy, lies around in the world as soon as you have the starting item from mobs in the Antorian waste), then there’s a long worlds-travelling questline, since only the enhanced Uuna will unlock B’aal (a Diablo-style pet) and another one from Legion expansion. Good guides for this as well on youtube.

The hive mind mount cant be done alone though, look out for groups doing the questline.

In WOD there’s a boar and a wolf in frostfire as well dropping off their respective rare mobs.

If you ever feel like decorating the garrison, there’s a tree from Gorgrond to obtain that enhances the outcome of the garden (only get it after you unlocked the garden, else it tends to be buggy), a biting dino and the wolf a dying Orc (in Frostfire) that you help who then lives in your garrison. When you caress him, he follows you around for a while. Aah, the spoiled opportunities for housing in WOW…^^

In Tanaan, another faction sells a boar and a tiger cup (pet) for exalted. Also the Steamwheedle in Nagrand and the Arakkoa sell a Talbuk. Easy now to grind the rep for all of them. The garrison’s trade post offers another rep grind fest for one more mount. Fishing in the garrison’s pond can return two turtle mounts (probably only after the quest and the shack on lvl 3, not sure though if this is required).

Just thought I throw those not-only-drop things into it, since they’re partly quite entertaining (well, MoP and the riddle stuff, that is).^^

1 Like

Got a lot of stuff here. Thanks a bunch. Looked at the island of giants farm. Looks doable in a couple of hours. Nice.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.