Farstrider and Highborne customisations for Elves - PLS

Hey Moira, could you do mockups of the night elf male faces 2,4,7 (use wowhead) unwrinkled - reason is I’m thinking that night elves could get at least 3 new faces by just having unwrinkled versions of those faces on the short term, and on hte long term possibly we could have an age slider which could alter expression.

I’m thinking - young faces more neutral expression, old faces snarled
But then expression really should be it’s own slider. And come with a default pose stance, but you can change your pose in game.

What do you think?

1 Like

I can also do that for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be lovely, I have kinda felt that removing the wrinkels from the faces could actually look like a new face without any remodelling. I chose those 3 because they werne’t snarling, it’s harder to alter the experession.

Would be curious to see what they look like

1 Like

So here we go… I edited in-game skins 2, 4 and 7 as requested, to make them look younger.

Since I was working on it, I decided to go for some color edits as well.

I think these would look awesome for the Night Elf males - Highborne or not.

2 Likes

These are amazing, especially face 7, which just shows how cool a different experssion with a cleared up face can look like for night elves… so many snarly expressions.

they should allow some degree of expression alterations.

I also hope they add more star effects:

The importance of the Stars for Night Elves
And why I hope blizzard would reflect this more in the night elves both thematically and model features wise.

1. I keep getting a feeling blizzard keeps forgetting Night elves are Children of the Stars, and were meant to be a combination of the best bits of both the dark elves and forest elves as given in this interview here: https://i.imgur.com/koc3l88.png

2. But we don’t see much star culture exposited or represented, and it’s quite linked to their arcane origin and side, I sort of feel night elves have strayed in this regard.

3. The stars is also the most unique aspect of this uniqe variation of the elven theme in fantasy, it is definitely worth greater inclusion…

4. I feel Night elves were originally meant as the original elves, the bigger larger elven community having all the facets of the elves, where off shoots like the Thalassians had found new variations and sub-race like Nightborne only focused on one side. So while it’s good to have more forest themed additions like vines, equally important is the counter arcane/stars one

5. The stars can fit all night elves, especially Highborne because they’re arcane linked, and we know night elven priests, druid and mages can cast star/moon spells and this seems a race feature.

Cool Ways Stars Could be A Part of the Models
Star iconography should be available to night elves. It’s an excellent arcane based customisation and promotes the Children of the stars theme.

• Diamonds - often indications of stars, in jewellery, especially floating ones like in this image.
    https://imgur.com/VbQUtfa
  • Notice star effects in hair linked to head pieces too like this image
    https://imgur.com/a/lA7CMa9
  • Male head pieces like the ones above.
  • Star’s tattood like magical glowing runes on skin, like a custom that some NElves would tattoo their constellation birth on their skin. something similar to this.
    https://i.imgur.com/jDid5OG.png?1
  • Star effect alternative for vines in hair e.g
    https://i.imgur.com/nZFTzWu.png?1
2 Likes

I made a post for all Elves in wow Elves customization options

1 Like

Also, how about a decent Night Elf male model for a change?
The new additions are nice, but what about that weird neck posture?
5 years later and even orcs have now a better posture than male Night Elves! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, it would be nice for nelfs to have a posture like a high borne. <3

2 Likes

I really hope more Highborne options will come. And if not Farstrider or Magister theme for blood elves then something light based theme like how the void elves and lightforged have.

1 Like

Blizzard please answer to your customer`s requests

3 Likes

in shadowlands we will have like 900 mounts …

1 Like

Those aren’t customization options though

Elves are most popular, so I don’t see a problem with them getting more, as long as other races get some stuff they want too. I think dwarves got pretty much everything we want in Shadowlands. Could do with few more beards, or scars, but pretty much it is what it is. Elves attract “appearance” playerbase, so it’s good for game to add lot of elf stuff.

2 Likes

We can’t let this post die! And also, male night elves deserve better than their WoD models.

1 Like

Sadly it already died. The customization options are done and there’s nothing coming anymore.

Remember how people asked for playable High Elves and eventually, after years and years, we got blue eyes and light skin for Void Elves? This is a good compromise. We must be persistent if it’s an important topic :slight_smile:

It is still incomplete. Blonde and silver hair color is still missing.

1 Like

Kaldorei will never be Highelf.

Just accept it.

I wanted to see proper Highborne night elf options. So I could match Azshara. Regal hairstyles, golden jewelry, tiaras/crowns , bracelets, rings etc.

4 Likes

Weren’t the Highborne kicked out from the Society of the Kaldorei?

The Kaldorei belongs to the trees. ( the leaf customizations prove it)

The Highborne are us the, the society that was kicked out from the society of the Kaldorei.

Back in Cata the Highborne did not had their own model. For example, Zandalari, they were hunched back like darkspear trolls. But they got new model. ( so you cannot say Highborne are nightelves of Kaldorei)

Highborne got its new model.

You want to be a Highborne ? The Horde is waiting for you.

Just deal with it.