Farstrider and Highborne customisations for Elves - PLS

Other races are getting more though? Have you seen trolls and Dwarves?

Maybe Blood Elves are being held back to give the other races a leg up. :thinking:

I’ll be disappointed if three hairstyles is all we’ll get though since that to me is by far and away the most important feature. It’s still alpha so I’m going to hold out hope but the worrying pattern of three hairstyles across all the races datamined so far has me concerned.

1 Like

The eyes are on the Dressing Room, the Jewelry (Including the body jewelry, which I just don’t see the point of), but the facial hair and ears aren’t, even if you include the NPC options.

So it looks like it is not complete, but it is telling that they include the Blue as a player option and an NPC option, but have already made the distinction as o what eye colours are available to players…

There is literally zero percent chance that blue eyes are happening given Ion’s statement. I’m still holding out hope though for the teal eyes since they have the prettiest glow to them.

Ehh, would be a bit weird to put the eye options up there, all of them, and mark some of them as NPC only, and others as Playable.

Besides, it is Ion, he’s already made statements which show he doesn’t really know what he is on about. “This makes no sense” “Its already in the game, has been for a while, and makes lore sense, sorry buddy, you’re wrong”

I mean in fairness, he never professed to be a ‘lore’ person, being more interested in game mechanics, so I think we probably just have to wait and see, but it does seem strange that they would put the eye options up on the Dressing Room, and remove the ones that we suspected they would, yet not remove other ones…

But who knows, at this point it seems like -if- nothing that is showing is for players, we have yet to see customisation options for Blood Elves.

I don’t have absolute faith in Ion’s statement, as he is objectively wrong, when it comes to Blood Elves being able to have blue eyes. He probably thinks they actually drank fel and drained from the Fel Crystals as well…

It’s very obvious that they’re caving to forum outrage from a certain very vocal part of the community here but it is what it is and since Ion made a pretty definitive statement in that interview I’m just going to take his word for it.

(Teal eyes are prettier anyway)

https://imgur.com/a/ZcqKCfl

I still want purple eyes for my mage.

Teal is kind of like trying to please everyone, but only pleasing a few.

I mean to be honest we don’t know where to look for the truth anymore, we know Ion is wrong, he says things don’t exist that, uh, do, in game, he doesn’t know the lore, so he is an unreliable source. -Twice- Now Wowhead have shown Blood Elf customisation options, when in fact they aren’t Blood Elf customisation options at all, but apparently 40 or so upgrades to NPC options? According to Ion.

So according to Ion we have not seen the Blood Elf customisation options yet. That would make it the only core race that have not had their options shown, and it also means a lot of effort on NPC’s that they have never shown previously. Now -some- of the options are on WoWhead Dressing Room, and clearly split between NPC only and Player options, can we trust that?

Its bizarre. Given that Blizz have stood by every other datamining, the fact they have not with Blood Elves alone is a little surreal.

Basically who knows what we’re getting, doesn’t seem like any of the usual sources do…

It’s very annoying…I don’t know about surreal.
Annoying comes to mind.

I have to question why? They know Blood Elves have got a huge fanbase…why keep messing us around like this?

Oh, you know why. :wink:

I wish, lovey…I wish :pensive:

Don’t be silly. How about skin colors, eye colors, ear shapes, new earrings, new necklaces, and body jewelry? Counts as nothing to you?

The Night Elves, rather. There were two datamined skins (one for males, one for females), and possibly new two hair colors and styles. Nothing more.

If there is a core race which did not get anything properly shown yet, it is the Night Elves.

1 Like

The core problem is we’re not sure if the stuff that’s datamined is going to happen for Blood Elves.

The Night Elven hairstyles and skin tones are confirmed.

At this stage, half of the blood elf datamined features seem to be locked behind NPC’s.

If you insist. But whether you like them or not, they have added many dark skin colors, as well as different combinations of mismatched green and yellow eyes. They may not be exciting, but certainly they are more than one for males and one for females? Plus the ears… and all of the jewelry…? I saw none of that for the Night Elves.

I get the point of you liking the blue and purple eyes and those two not being confirmed… but even without those two colors, you still have seen plenty more options than what the Night Elves fans have seen. And as far for them being confirmed… where? By who? Because as far as I know they are also unconfirmed yet and possibly NPC assets. They were datamined, like the Blood Elf stuff, but just like with any other race, we cannot consider them reasonably official unless they finally appear in the character creation screen in Alpha? Or have I missed some info/interview?

So here goes the point that as far as I know just the other day they have taken offline the customization of Belves in Alpha, because they are working on it… so it is reasonable to expect that you will soon be able to see what is what.

Source:

p.s. OMG I can post links?!? :open_mouth:

They should be datamining what is available.
What was datamined for night elves is coming - what was datamined for blood elves, we can’t work out what’s in and what isn’t.

At this rate, Blood Elves are going to be the race that suffers the most, for having many possible features, and only getting a few.

I don’t consider current eye colours “new features.” Even if it’s just one’s gold and one’s green. It isn’t exactly “new.”
It’s not “blonde/orange hair night elf” new.

That isn’t what I said. I said according to -Ion- we have not seen the customisations yet, he ‘confirmed’ that many of the customisations were not in fact for Blood Elves. He seems confused on the lore.
Wowhead appear confused on the actual customisations, there have been three released “Blood Elf customisation” files, none of which were actual Blood Elf customisations, and the last one shows that Ion was wrong, but also doesn’t show the things that were confirmed.

What I am saying is that there has been no actual display of customisations for -Blood Elves- yet, it has all been hidden behind “These are customisations for Blood Elves, except some of them aren’t”

What I am saying is that it would be better for them to wait until they -know- what the customisation options are, as they did with the other races, and just show what the actual options are, as opposed to what they aren’t, Which is just damned confusing, and helps no one.

We have not seen yet “This -IS- the customisation options” Only “Well some are, some aren’t”

Wish the red eyes would be for players too

I still cannot see how would you could possibly be sure. None of the Night Elves fans that I know feels that way. We always go like ‘could be nice, if it is confirmed’.

Ears sizes not new because you already had pointy ears?
Necklaces boring? Earring uninteresting? Body jewelry irrelevant?
Male beards useless? Haircuts also redundant?
Oh, and all of those darker skin tones? Not counting as new?

Totally free to feel that all of that is nothing and you’d trade it ALL for two hair colors plus ONE extra skin color for males and ONE for females, of course…

To me, it feels… weird that you would. Even more so when the color being datamined does NOT automatically mean anything at all.

But I suppose I just cannot appreciate how lucky we are with ‘all’ these new features the Night Elves are getting. :slight_smile:

Well if Zorbrix is telling the truth on Twitter you should find out soon enough really. As I was saying above, the Blood Elves customization and creation has been taken offline as of yesterday since they are working on it.

Hopefully, is the Night Elf one offline as well, as whilst some of the customisation could be interesting, there really ain’t much going on there at all?