Farstrider and Highborne customisations for Elves - PLS

imgur.com/gallery/cO3aMX4
Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please FIX the Male Night Elf Neck!!!

1 Like

Thank you, this… Definitely this. The options need a way of the fantasy being explained or at least highlighted… so new players, or not so familiar existing players understand who their options represent - which I think really helps immersion and the fantasy of the game.

Something that highlights the options or show cases the groups. They could show teams of these groups representing those trolls and other facets of the race. who they are from, so you see them.

Example: In Stormwind or Orgrimmar - in the embassy, you have a bunch of each of the various groups, where you can see the NPCs of each group gathered together.

It should be a main quest that lets you visit the international embassy so you can see.

Example:
Orgrimmar Embassy:

Blood Elf Teams
Farstriders
San’layn/Darkfallen
Magisters
Blood Knights
Fel Elven Illidari

Trolls Troll:
Darkspears
Raventusk
Farakki
Zandalari
Winterbark

Orc teams:
Blackrock orcs
Dragonmaw Orcs
Bleeding Hollow Orcs
Shatterhand orcs
Frostwolf Orcs
Warsong Orcs

Tauren teams:
Bloodhoof Tauren
Grimtotem Tauren
Highmountain Tauren

etc etc etc

Stormwind Embassy:
Night Elf Teams
Highborne
Moon Priestesses
Druids of the Claw
The Sentinels
The Illidari

Dwarf Teams:
Explorer Expedition
Wildhammer Clan
Dark Iron Dwarves
Mountaineer

A player who sports different options can see what group their options come from, and can know who they are wanting to identify.

I want to stress that the fantasy of the groups is such a huge factor. When you have a strong identity like a Farstrider or a Highborne or a Wildhammer - it’s a powerful incentive and motivation for your character. Without some sort of way of highlighting some of these to players, I feel an opportunity is lost.

1 Like

You mean “Fel Elven Illidari.”

Not, The Illidari, since that’s a faction with only 1/5 being Night Elves.

Yes, but by this stage I was already exhausted, I’m sure others can make a more comprehensive list. I didn’t even finish the horde list, but wanted to add a couple of alliance ones obviously rushed :slight_smile: Although for Night elves, you would say the half demon elf Illidari. Interesting that amongst the Night elves they are half-demon elves, but amongst the blood elves they are fel elves.

Some of those groups don’t have distinct cosmetic options, which is okay (, but they should be there so people know these groups exist.

What would be coool is if the leader NPC there would have some information on the group and even better, send you to the area in the game where you do quests for that group (if they have) - so you can really work with that group now. Not everyone has quests, but most do.

Farstriders are in the Ghostlands and Eastern Eversong (funny as a group they have unique tailored quests for the group to a larger extent than the Magisters and Blood Knights.
Highborne could go to Azsuna and do the Estulan quests - they give a good idea of the people groups.
The Farakki trolls have the Zul’Farak quests, and the ones in Zuldazar
Wild hammer clan can send you to Aeries Peak and then to Twilight hinterlands
etc etc etc

This ofc is only necessary with unique groups that do have such things in game, Farstrider warrants it, but no need for the Magisters as they are dominant in the opening quests. Most toons will do the Sunstrider Isle quests, and some of the Eversong woods ones, but often skip the Ghostlands and the Eastern Eversong quests as they’ve overshot the area or just preferred to go elsewhere, and unfortunately, this is where you

Magisters can actually go to Sunfury Spire, Silvermoon, Sunstrider Isle, The Sanctum in Murder Row or even Scryer’s Terrace for their truest representation.

They actually have interesting locations, where they could go.

Druids can go to Moonglade, Ashenvale, Val’Sharah, Feralas and Darkshore and so many others, which is actually far more than any highborne could ever hope to go it, in all honesty.

Ohh i like the list idea.

Humans

• Better beards.
  • More hairstyles.

Night Elves

• Darker hair options: olives, pine greens none of this neon green we have now.
  • Eyebrows without beards.
  • Better beards, longer with accessories.
  • Jewellery for men and women.

Gnome

• Again eyebrows without beards (why is this such an issue)

• Mechagnome hairstyles

• burns/explosions (as if an experiment just exploded in their face) id love this.

Draenei
not much to add i like the new skin-tones and longer tails, just more of the same.

Dwarves :
Good work so far love the new tattoo options. No real major complains or wants.

Worgen

• It might mess with the lore but give them a tail option.

Allied Races

Void Elf

• Blood Elf Hairstyles.
  • Black and White Hair options.
  • White skin (not peach/tan) Vampire undead white.
  • Tattoos, purple/black/blue possibly the same texture used on the void heritage armour if possible.

Light Forged

• Give them the same hair/beard options as regular draenei, this will give them so many more options alone.

Dark Iron

• Same as Lightforged share more options between the Dwarf races,
  • i would also like to see more skin options here darker greys will make those orange eyes pop.
  • Blue flames for Death Knights.

Kul Tiran

• Body slider options, let us pick a normal sized human give them the Kul Tiran VO lines and have access to Druid and Shaman. (some nautical themed tattoos would be cool to)

• Id like skinny humans to but that would require making a female counterpart so i’m being realistic with the normal human model option.

Mechagnome

• Same as LF give them more of the normal gnomes options hair/beards etc.

https://imgur.com/a/tuUG7k8

Upper right one for Night Elves. We definitely need more long Night Elf hairstyles - also give us the option to have leaves in our hair and maybe some jewellry.

2 Likes

I agree, but I have to say no to the bottom right one.

Having hair only on one side of her head would just be weird.

all I want for customization is more hairstyles, I mean Forsaken, Gnome and Night Elf are getting at least 1 new hairstyle, so how about the other races? I want to be able to give my future DID woman a Mohawk.

Horde now :grinning:

Orc
As with my other points, give them the expanded options from the Mag’har Orcs, hairstyles beards etc.

Undead

• Upright posture.
  • Decaying/Skull jewellery
  • Full bone options for limbs (no muscle or flesh just bone. think mechgnome limbs but skellington.)

Tauren

• They need more beard/accessories options by a mile.
  • Skintones.
  • Tattoos.
  • Jewellery.
  • Tail jewellery.

Trolls
Good job so far no major want’s or needs.

Blood Elf

• Blue eyes lets just end this high elf nonsense already.
  • Tattoos, Red/Green/Gold
  • Void elf hair styles minus the void tentacles.

Goblin

• burns/explosions marks (as if an experiment just exploded in their face).

Allied Races

Nightborne

• They NEED more face options.
  • Skintones/Hairstyles
    Just more of that they have now it’s too limited.

Highmountain

• see Tauren

Mag’har Orc

Same as normal orcs just share more options between the clans they are all living together, they should be wearing the same jewellery, swapping hairstyles etc.

Zandalari
Perfection if you were going to do anything more hairstyles and tattoos honestly one of my favourite races and i’m an Alliance player.

Vulpera

• Genuinely not sure more tail options maybe?
1 Like

Have I got some excellent news for you!

1 Like

It could just be NPC options till it’s in game on the character creator I won’t belive it, i love the elves but it’s time to put this topic to bed.

Lets expand and make Void Elves better not try and turn them into High Elves

1 Like

Could be…but not truly likely, since it ties in well with the Sunwell’s Arcane energies.
Green Eyes = Fel
Golden Eyes = Holy Energy from the Sunwell
Blue Eyes = Arcane Energy from the Sunwell.

These look so cool. I especially like the last one (Bottom Right), it could also fit the Blood elf farstriders, and I’m thinking an option for female NElf sentinels. Void elves already have a version, and its cool, I’m not sure where it comes from though. If this is shown to link to the more hunter/ranger/sentinel type of Elf, then it would be cool

Oh i agree but blizzard has long since used hidden blood elf options to make high elves, if you use model viewer on a blood elf you will see if you keep flicking through the skin colours the High Elf options.

I’m hoping its true and they will get blue eyes and maybe blizz can work a bit on the Void elf lore and options (given the alliances fondness for highelves) and make them more appealing to the hardcore High Elf enthusiast.

As i said more hair styles, cooler tattoo options, bleach white skin. Black and white hair they could really go Warhammer Dark Elf aesthetic with them i think it would be awesome.

2 Likes

That’s true.
I like the idea of a two Blood Elven Mages, one with blue eyes, wielding the arcane and frost in their hands with expertise and the other Blood Elf Mage, perhaps with one golden eye and one green eye, wielding fire.

I look forward to playing my Blood Elf Mage, when Shadowlands releases, even if the class isn’t that great.

I know allied races won’t get any new customization options, but all I want for Void elves are High elf options and PLEASE A PROPER VOID FORM! Their current one looks just bad and incomplete, and also a cosmetic spell which lets you use the form with no additional buff or anything. Just a spell you click it and you change into your void form and you can turn it off whenever you want. PLEASE THATS ALL I WANT!

2 Likes

I second this!
I also wish Nightborne will get some love soon :slightly_frowning_face: I’d love for them to be able to have squinty eyes like the NPC’s do, and more faces that resemble the NPC models. More hairstyles and skin options as well would be great.

As for the core races, I’d love to generally see more scars, tattoos and Jewelry. Longer hairstyles for Night elves, and loads of braids! I’m so excited for the sandy blonde hair that the Nelves will get, and I’d love to see more neutral colours like that.
Individual hair and tattoo colours also, please.

5 Likes

I won’t derail as this is for the elven fans, but it’s great to see blue attention in players passion for customisation! Will be adding my mechagnome wishlist to the Mechagnome thread I have going!

I’d like being able to make a young, handsome human in their 20s. I’m not sure using the thin humans model used throughout Kul Tiras is the way to go, as it is a repurposed female undead model.

But humans (and all base races really) have absurdly large hands and older facial looks that don’t allow us to make a significant age difference between two characters.

Put simply, it’s the difference between Anduin’s appearances in detailed, prerendered cinematics, vs in-game cutscenes:
They don’t look like the same person, and I’d love to have the younger look from the cinematics available in game (HotS nailed it perfectly tbh).

2 Likes