Fast & Effect Leveling Strategies for Battle Pets?

Hi all.

So recently I have been dabbling in Pet Battle Dungeons & quite enjoying it. But I lack a big enough pool of leveled Battle Pets to really attempt the challenge modes.

As today there is a bonus to Battle Pet XP, I would like to take advantage of this. However I have no idea how to best level Battle Pets… Currently I have 16 max level Battle Pets, all of which were leveled with “Ultimate Battle-Training Stones”.

I have run a few google searches but most guides either focus on what pets to level first rather than the process of leveling, or were written/recorded in Warlords of Draenor & so a little out dated.

Could anyone suggest some effective leveling strategies for Battle Pets, or point more to any resources/guides that you think could be helpful.

Many thanks. :slight_smile:

This is your bible:

Read it ALL and read it CAREFULLY. It represents the combined experience of the most capable PvE battlers in the world, gathered in the Discord.

To cut to the chase, for EU today, right now, you have Sir Galveston up in Legion Dalaran. He is one of the best/fastest options in the game. During the event, with the Safari Hat, you can get a pet to 25 in two battles with him.

Here

are a set of strategies you can use to level pets with him. Hover over the tab on the right to choose between them.

I’m not sure you have the necessary pets for any of the strategies for this tamer. You might be able to buy some. Court Scribe + Surger is an amazing strat. Bring bandages!

If you don’t manage to get to Sir Galveston today, look at other repeatable Legion Tamers as listed in the page I linked. Any of those will get you two battles to 25 this week!

2 Likes

Added tip:

When I saw Sir Galveston up, I didn’t look past him, but I see that Trapper Jarrun is also up. Not quite as fast, but this strat uses an MPD, which you alreay have, and a Darkmoon Zepp, which is plentiful and cheap at the AH:

1 Like

I think I love you! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you so much for providing this information! I didn’t have Court Scribe or Surger in my collection, but a trip to the Auction House I was able to secure these two Battle Pets fully leveled for just around 5k gold. :smiley:

This tactic gets level 1 Battle Pets to level 24 - less than 1.5 bars XP bars away from 25 - in 2 battles. I lack any other bonuses for the safari hat. I also lack bandages, but I don’t mind spending 30 seconds running to a stable master & back for healing between fights.

I’ve already got 7 pets leveled this way! Thank you again for the info.

1 Like

Bandages … you can buy 25 Bandages for 5 Polished Pet Charms.

You can get Polished Pet Charms from BfA World Quests. Not a great variety up this minute. You might cobble together something to defeat Zujal in the WQ Small Beginnings, which will get you 50 bandages and change. If not right now, it’s something to look at during the week!

1 Like

OK, so I tried Small Beginnings and worked up a strat with pets you have. This strat may not be perfect, especially since there are RNG stuns in the Headbutt and Frog Kiss, but it does work … just maybe not every time.

Starlette: Wind-Up->Supercharge->Wind-Up. Scales dies. Breaker comes in.

Starlette: Wind-Up->Wind-Up may damage Breaker. If you get stunned, Starlette may die. If you get an extra round, Powerball until dead.

Emmigosa: Arcane Storm. Breath until Breaker is below 823. Surge of Power. Breaker dies. Stickers comes in.

Stickers will probably kill Emmi, but lay down Arcane Storm and Breath a bit if you can before dying.

Anklerender: Black Claw->Hunting Party. Leap if needed.

I decided to dedicate most of yesterday - 9-10 hours - to leveling Battle Pets using this method. Thanks to your advice I went from having 16 max level Battle Pets to between 104 & 106 max level Battle Pets… I lost count after towards the end.

I also treated my self & spent 25k-ish gold on 9 or 10 fully leveled Battle Pets from the auction house, bringing my overall total to 115 at max level. That should last me a while! :smiley:

1 Like

:rofl:

I think I’ve only ever done one marathon levelling session, and it was back in Warlords, but I remember the feeling of not even being able to count my fingers from the braindeadness afterwards!

Here is a nice searchable and downloadable list of your pets, with everything counted out for you.

Congratulations! It’s not like that all the time, honestly. :slight_smile:

You are probably burned out on pets at the moment, so give yourself a break to recover, but when you feel like venturing out again, consider these four ideas:

1. Start targeting these pets for collection and levelling, especially the ones labelled Tier I and Tier II, except those marked with an asterisk, which are there because they’re used for challenge achievements:

I have a comment below it indicating the preferred breeds of each, where applicable.

1. Solo a few old raids to start collecting pets for the Raiding With Leashes achievements:

All thse pets are tradable, so you can also buy them at the AH, and they will still count towards the achievement. Sometimes one breed may be a lot better than another, and in that case I sometimes end up buying the good breed from the AH rather than farming forever for the right breed.

These raids will also get you some gold to spend on even more pets bwahahahaha!

1. Start trying the BfA World Quests for pets, to earn Polished Pet Charms, Stones, and Bandages. You have enough in your roster now to do them all, though maybe not yet in the most efficient way.

This page links to strategies for every BfA WQ:

Even if you don’t have all the “right” pets for a particular battle, one or two of them may still be used, and you will learm more about the battles by working it out for yourself than you ever will by parroting someone else’s ideas!

1. Continue to work your way up through the Continents with the “Taming …” achievements. These will become a lot easier now you have a larger roster, and you can level any new pets you need for a strat much more quickly. At the end, in Pandaria, you will earn the Safari Hat, which is invaluable, and you will open all these quests as dailies, that you can always use to level pets, and even get some as drops.

After the Continents, you will be offered the Pandaren Spirit Tamers quests, which will reward a pet and open more dailies.

After all that comes the Celestial Tournament and the Pet Dungeons, but that’s for another day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.