Fear, warlocks and a little something

Do we all really grasp how Fear works ? and if we do how come Fear is a spamable ability ?
(fear is like an RNG mind control, might put you behind LOS, can put you on the edge of something where you can be pushed or simply camera glitch can push you down, possibilities are endless)
Like I honestly I play this game for 15 years I could never grasp this ridiculous ability.
And then you have Mortal Coil which acts like fear, but is not a fear so its does not share its DR and in fact doesnt even break on damage.
So trinketing anything would do very little against a warlock.
What I also want to bring your attention to is how warlock literally walk around with 600~k hp and then have 400k absorb shield they can use while stunned.
Like help me cope with this cause it makes no sense for this class to be so broken.
You cant stun and cast against it, cause he can simply use the pet to interrupt you, dude can fear spam you and Mortal Coil 2 targets with the curse thingy.
He has a Healthstone which is another 30% health which is not even on a global cooldown.
You interrupt Chaos Bolt
He casts Fear next
You interrupt Fear
He casts Chaos Bolt
He can no longer Fear you
He casts Mortal Coil.
i really cannot comprehend this.
And all of this plus the fact they have Precog, so literally interrupt does nothing to warlocks for the most part, God forbid you miss your kick, God forbid your partner kicks after you successfully kick → Precog → Fear/Chaos Bolt spam again.
Should you sit on a warlock or nah?
Answer is it does very little, they’re tankier than most classes, interruption does not matter and training them only makes them teleport sooner, so the moment you’re about to land it- > he teleports yet again.
Help me out in this copium
How do you actually play vs a warlock as a Feral?

4 Likes

A true display of knowledge.

20 Likes

Like for a moment i was like finally out of ELO-hell, i got to 2k , warlocks a few lobies = back to 1.8.
Brother im so fed up with this.

A boomkin with almost insta-cc which is undispellable and spammable complains about fear being spammable.

This has to be a troll post?

2 Likes

First. Im a feral.
Second. Instant- Clone for boomies shouldnt be a thing.
Third. Cyclone behaves normally on Feral, its short range and slow 1.6 cast sure make it hard to pull off. Not only that but the range is shorter by 5 yards on feral - a total of 15 yards range.
Stop with this attitude. Its annoying and uncalled for.

2 Likes

If you kick chaos bolt the lock is fully locked out of using any school, infact they cant even use their big wall, resolve. Destro lock has no dispel protection so the fears can simply be dispelled safely.

Since bane of havoc was nerfed almost all warlocks i´ve seen runs regular old havoc, which is a curse just like their uhm curse of weakness, tongues etc. As druid you can dispel this curse if you play remove corruption, Losing their improved curses and especially their havoc leaves them extremely crippled, destros impressive damage comes from the fact that havoc has a very high uptime so they´re almost always hitting two targets, if you deny them from ever using their havoc their single target damage is infact quite unimpressive unless you let them freecast chaos bolt with ruin stacks.

Im also quite sure curse of tongues still work against bleeds so removing that from yourself if he uses it would work wonders.

Locks has alot of health but their passive damage mitigation as cloth users is very low, Mind you high health does not mean heals from their healers are stronger so they have alot of health but also take alot of damage. Dark pact is a strong survival but its not strong enough to warrant swapping targets, infact i sit destro all game as warrior. Although i just wrecking throw the shield n suddenly all he has is a 3 minute cd wall, i will be honest and say… i dont swap on wall either. Purple man must die!

1 Like

Chaos locks them out of everything. It’s all magic schools
But yeah kicking anything doesn’t help
Immolate + conflag damage is high with shadowburn
Topkek

Damn i thought it works like this only in Wrath. Thats good to know sadly even though i always save me interrupt for Chaos Bolt warlocks are extremely hard to deal with regardless.
And my interrupt if I dont miss it is like 3 sec lock on school of magic. i even skip opening on them with stun so I can stun them when theyre bursting.
To ME at least this class is something i really struggle to deal with especially because i have only 2 defensives.

I was frustrated I fell flat losing 200 rating all games were destros and demos… back to 1.8 from 2k

Anyway thanks for the friendly tone. and the actual discussion.

1 Like

As feral I’d say vs destro LoS more. honestly I’ve been doing on my DH and it’s like a big Question mark ? appears on their head lol. Kick chaos bolt mainly, unless if a fear goes through the game is lost
It sucks either way though. Destro at current seem able to make plenty of mistakes and play a bit wild but will win through their hilarious damage profile. and don’t even get me started on Precog lol

No worries ! :heart:

2 Likes

Considering locks barely have to bolt nowadays its not worth mucb

2 Likes

just line instant dmg bro, especially when he have a boomy in team

if we have bfa or shadowlands, i would agree, but in Df, a healer cant Heal this dmg for ages, especially if u try to line the dmg, and lose your momentum

1 Like

If you isolate what I said yeah it sounds troll
But it doesn’t mean mindlessly bot in mid and never play defensive if you feel me

Agree it sucks. Healers fall behind so easily and also agree about losing some momentum
However, If I haven’t popped meta / The hunt. I can sit behind LoS and at least not take free damage

3 Likes

I’m playing around 2k/2.1k mmr with my friend and we face a lot of good teams multi r1 etc. and we have a good team, we lose and we win. BUT then a warlock/healer comes literally a 1750 clown, who instantly casts everything on me, dismembers me to pieces, no matter how good I play. Oh yeah and sub rogues.

6 Likes

If not mistaken Warlock fear is designed to be spamable since Vanilla, however I agree with your take that it is quite anoying. That is why I love undead racial.

1 Like

That sounds like hell and tilting af
Hopefully we get some balance adjustments soon

2 Likes

Destro lock, casts nothing demolishes me, If I miss a kick by mistake, I’m literally dead, and has like 6 cc’s 2x portal and freedom on top of that, same as demo lock, I dont even wanna peak in solo shuffle haha

4 Likes

Sounds too familiar :sob:
Gives me PTSD just reading it

3 Likes

yep exactly what ive been saying. I dont even make such huge mistakes… i miss one kick and its all gone.

3 Likes

Warlock have one of the lowest mobility in pvp.
Thats why they get more HP and Dark pact. Imagine how easy they would die without it.

The running away on fear is wierd sometime. Fear could act like polymorphs movement.

And lastly, dont ruin coil. It is iconic and amazing

Thats just destro that needs dmg nerf, i think everyone knows they are abit strong

1 Like