I mean, its so heartbreaking to see people comment “It’s nice to see SPELL X (which 4 years old design) come back”. Like, its almost incredible that the expectation for this class is soo low that people are happy with them just undoing horrible decisions. Its really depressing.

Again, do the class from scratch again, use the spells you already built, but change it completely, because at this point you really can’t make it worse. Again, no stacked borrowed power system will change anything.

2 Likes

You cowards…

3 Likes

im not gonna hold my breath, but i sincerely wish…not hope… i lost that long ago due to how you do things with Dk blizzard…I wish that this is only preliminary for a few classes.
its hilarious to see paladin and more be first to the party though, yes… good priorities there

1 Like

just watch them moving unholy blight and epidemic’s location and then call it a rework.

i know what your up to Blizzard your not going to do a damn thing whit frost/unholy.

3 Likes

and also Blood DK

@Kaivax - No replies are allowed on main post so I’ll feedback here.

It’s great to see that DK’s are getting a ‘mini’(?) rework and I understand that it I have yet to see the changes however I can respond on what you have said in you post Here

Blood, I feel, isn’t in a bad way. The game play can feel a tad dull at times but overall is probably one of the better specs within the class. I believe the biggest ‘Change’ needed is making sure Blood keeps its more enjoy game aspects without bloating the spec significantly.

One way this could be done is by interacting with the thematic of the spec more. Blood is all about self healing, about using blood of your foe. - I’d like to see something like Shadow priest Vampiric talaent aas sharing that healing love would be amazing.

Changing breach to that 30s is, and I’ll probably get many different takes (Which is great! Do reply with your own ideas, feedback is feedback and always good in some form!), Great IMO. Breath build was very odd to play and enjoy. It felt amazing if you managed to keep it up but felt really bad if you missed anything or it just dropped off due to 0 generation availability. This is not a great way to play the game/spec.

An idea of mine was: Breath - You imbued your weapon(s) with the breath of the queen of frost wyrms. Each time you make an attack with a weapon for the next 30s your attacks apply a stacking DoT on the target(s) - Each stack reduces movement and attack speed by x% - At the end of the duration or upon reactivation you breath in the DoT dealing X damage to all targets within X range and gain y% attack speed bonus.

Please, also do not forget about 2-h Ob build. Many people love this spec and playstyle.

Unholy is interesting in the sense that its all over the place, it kind of knows what it wants to be but kind of not. Do you go minions or spread diseases?

Overall though, Unholy has so many areas of macro management that it becomes less enjoyable and more spreadsheet gameplay. The opening, I’m glad you’ve said, is very complex and while this eases up after the opener you still, during a fight, have too many areas to manage.

The identity of the class is odd. This needs to be fixed first and foremost. Learn into either side but make it less spreadsheet and more enjoyable. Make it so minions do the diseases and interact with them, make it so there’s less to manage and more to enjoy.

If your going minion build, build more on this. Make the class more about summoning and less about diseases, less about maintaining things on a target yourself and more about buffing your rotten friends. More about making more of them. You could make Army of the Dead a passive, i.e. Spend rune power to spawn minions, when you reach 10{?) your ability changes to Army of the Dead, spawning double the minions for X seconds and empowering your minions.

Diseases - if going this build you could go 2 ways, one would be 0 minions, you remove the ability to summon them but instead focus on the diseases aspect gaining DoT damage and effects Or limited minion build. Bring in Festermights brother, FesterRot. Make it so you can have these 2 minions for Aura damage and applying diseases you interact with?

But please, please do listen, a large pool of DK players dislike Festering wounds as a gameplay mechanic as it is. I know your stats may show different but this is as we have no choice really. It can stay but not as it is. Its unenjoyable, its another thing to manage, its bloated.

Overall I’m happy to see DKs getting that love, our cold dead hearts need it.

I do feel that Blizzard need to be brave here though. We don’t need tweaks or mini changes. All 3 specs need an overhaul and a full class rework is called for.

I’m looking forward to testing DK when i do gain access to Alpha/Beta.

However if one thing out of all of this is taken into account…

Be Brave. Rework us.

4 Likes

I`m not a DK main, but lastly i play them a bit and I would say pls remove the DnD cleave condition, make stuff just cleave. I think its an awfull mechanic that u have to stay in your dnd to have acess to cleave. it feels more as a punishment that u have to do it rather than rewarding if u do it. I mean especially in the M+ enviroment with only 2 charges of dnd u have a lot of downtime and it feels awfull. Most tanks dont standing still a lot .
So if u change this interaction with the DnD it helps a lot.
Make stuff just cleave or let DnD be a ground effect under ur feet that follows u with a longer duration or something like that.

i overall hope blizzard will take a look at my post about how i think Unholy could work for War Within.

That they chose DnD to be the cleave enabler for frost, heck, the entire DK class for so long shows they have little clue about how the class ACTUALLY plays, should have been remorseless winter from the start for Frost, for blood its a non issue due to their free procs and ability to actually decide WHERE the mobs will stand. As for unholy’s wound pop cleave with scourge strike that has also felt a little weird, but since epidemic has semi put a band aid on relying to much on that (i havent played unholy since Legion, beacuse i thoguht it became to bloated after that with its rotation, Wounds also did ALOT more in legion, nowadays it’s an afterthought)

And yes, i am sad and mad, as i always am, the information and proof by our own eyes is there just how little clue and care they have for DK’s, compared for their other favorite classes is something i have refused to believe, even since the start in Wrath which had a class designed with people that enjoyed their job and creation, to much even given how strong it was at release. i was there though, the Beta, all of it, every other patch we half the damage than the patch before it, it was a stroke of luck that the patch Wrath relaesed in was the Big DMG patch for DK’s.

also consider before you make any remarks, that Other classes where arguibly MORE broken than DK’s in Wrath relaese, like paladings for example.

I dont want to believe that no one cares, that where a mere sideshow that they somehow throw a bone at, but that’s how fact and history has showed it so. and the complete slap in the face in announcing a full Windwalker monk rework FIRST thing in the new War Within feature showcase makes me want to do questionable things in anger and spite. OH no a spec has had a bad time in 70% of the expansion! we need to fix this ASAP!!111

compared to For example DK’s, with nearly all three specs rotating on an extremely stupid and neutered design and gameplay since the start of BFA.

there’s a picture somewhere of a pool, where a parent and two children are, the one in back is struggling to swim, while the parent infront is holding the “favored baby”.

that’s how it has felt like, for YEARS. And while i must admit that the favored baby is not one favored baby, but the baby behind it is us, always will be it seems.

Call me what you will i dont care “its just a game bro why do you care so much” “just reroll to something else, its not hard”

Some of us enjoy the class we picked years ago, and even if we do feel the power of another spec (venthyr warrior in SL) the fun level of that was markedly higher than the class you WANT to play and enjoy, it felt hollow… And yes i know spear of bastion was arguibly stronger in Arena, but condemn is the GOAT of fun. There’s a case here to be made about the continuing nerfs to Abom’s limb too , compared to spear of bastion.

Im tired, im angry, im sad, im frustrated, it’s been 7 or so years now of being stuck with varying colors of paint on a LEGION CLASS DESIGN WITHOUT A N ARTIFACT WEAPON, IT FEELS LIKE I AM PLAYING LEGION PREPATCH In WoD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

All the while priests paladins rogues Windwalkermonks mages and warlocks all get reworks by the regular, and we get NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING.

1 Like

Well let’s see what this rework is going to be…

I’m glad they communicated that changes are coming…

I’m really hoping that the reason why they’re not coming first is because they’re just realizing how neglected DK is. Maybe they’ve been looking at the raid dps performance and thought “hey these guys always seem to do a ton of damage so we clearly don’t need to do much”…

But now somebody actually looked into it and realized, “damn this class can indeed do a ton of damage but for all the wrong reasons”…

i’m just sad Blizzard is so damn adamant about Breath/wounds. It dosent look promising, from how love struck they are whit the degenerate play style they preach about those Passive/CD.

Breath and Wounds are part of the new design of DK, they slowly ruined it over several expacs, made these new abilities in the Legion rework, and then has never touched it again.

1 Like

I would love to see the return of Necrotic Plague as a player ability for Unholy. Many have waited for a long time to see its return. Please don’t give it to Whitemane. I know you’re looking at diseases, so we can hope. Swapping something like Superstrain for it would be ideal and having a distinct disease path down the tree.

Since Vile Contagion is getting looked at, please add an animation to it. Currently, you can’t tell you’ve pressed it. It has NO animation at all. Something like the old Pestilence ability would be fine.

7 Likes

For a Fee years now im in Love again with Frost and blood, and in SL i thought: why make your cleave bound to an area where allmost all tank will run Out of…
But them we got swarming Mist (Venthyr) and i imagined how This could be an alternative / or Change to dnd.
Maybe get swarming Mist back, use this as cleave instead of dnd and make the legendary Power to it (runicpower spending tonmake big boom) but instead of RP Take runes. THIS would IMO Help a whole lot to this particular Problem.
I cannot das much about unholy, since i never was a realy big Fan of the wounds and stuff but come in, was to many stuff in the build Up and buffs to keep track of.
Blood in the other Hand dont need THAT much rework: swarming Mist as mentioned above, a fun RP AOE Spender (i know bonestorm exists, but its Not fun to Press…) and maybe the one legendary of SL where your vampiric blood can also heal allies and gibe leech to them^^

Frostscythe: Am I joke to you? :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

But seriously now… Why create any kind of weird synergy like that when frost has literally one of the most good looking abilities in the game, sitting in the talent tree doing nothing because it’s badly tuned?

Swarming Mist could be fun in the blood DK toolkit though, for sure very thematic.

I would like frost go back abit to the time where howlingblast didn’t hit secondary targets for nudels in aoe and the avalance talent is what actually does dmg with it.

And not have all our aoe dmg come from having to buff RW with 3 talent points and throwing in DnD to make obliterate cleave.

Would also be nice to have obliterate actually do dmg without KM proc and just make that a guaranted crit like it used to be. That would allow a haste mastery build be decent. Since the spec feels kinda slow going for crit and mastery after they remade icy veins

Binding of Darkness

Shadowfrost damage applies 2 stacks to Reaper’s Mark and 4 stacks when it is a critical strike.
Additionaly, Killing Machine empowered Obliterate and Rime empowered Howling Blast deals Shadowfrost damage.

I would like to suggest the talent Bind in Darkness to be changed so that it also makes Killing Machine empowered Obliterate deal Shadowfrost damage as shown above.

I think this would be great both thematically and gameplay wise because of increased Reaper’s Mark stack generation, causing a smoother rotation.

14 Likes

I believe this would be a great addition to emphasize the Death aspect of the Hero Talent Tree.

13 Likes

Recently I was thinking that Unholy didn’t get anything in terms of mechanics or skills that would deepen his fantasy.

1. All we got was better mobility and random survivability
  2. There is no better control over diseases or plagues:
  • easier application - e.g. passive aura or free proc (still Frost and Blood are easier to apply than Unholy…)
  • new diseases or better/stronger, or the return of old iconic ones such as wandering plague and necrotic plague
  • new mechanic for diseases
  1. We also didn’t get better control over the undead:
  • Unholy cannot use Control Undead…
  • Army of the Dead still has a long CD
  • we can’t choose the main pet
  • Unholy could summon ghouls like in BFA from Vision of Perfection
  • Pet AI, i.e. its behavior, is underdeveloped ( stops in place or keeps attacking the previous target. eg. like with Emberon on Uldaman)
  • Gargo still has a 3 minute cd / he could have a talent that reduces it to e.g. 2 minutes.

Unholy received absolutely nothing that would deepen his fantasy.

You recently admitted that the Vile Contagion talent failed the test in Dragonflight.
For me it was obvious - I informed about this problems and the mechanics of wounds, but I was shouted down by famous people who praised this talent.

So I’ll repeat - for festering wounds to make sense:

• the mechanics must be simple like in BFA. Take the Bursting Sores talent, use DT, use DnD and spam SS/CS - without unnecessary additional talents like Vile Contagion…
  • Ultimately, Vile Contagion should act as a passive skill that increases, for example, the range of Bursting Sores, or a double burst of wounds on one target, or a faster application of wounds to nearby enemies, eg. your Unholy Assault applies 6 wounds to the target and hits all enemies within 12 yards
  • increase the number of targets to hit for SS/CS in DnD.
  • it must unfortunately be buffed beyond what you plan
  • you need to increase the range of Bursting Sores and increase the base damage of Festering Wound, which itself is very low.
  • squish festermight to 10 stacks or remove it.

If you continue to complicate this simple mechanic that was bearable and even cool in BFA (due to its simplicity), no one will use it.

3 Likes

So great notes in here. Especially on the fantasy element… When I see the Mage Sunfury and Shadow Priest void themed one, paladin Templar… They just add so much more than just damage and functionality! They make the whole spec more spectacular!

Unfortunately, our hero specs don’t have any of that “hell yeah” vibe… Sure the mount from rider of the apocalypse stuff is cool, but in the end of the day it’s just mobility. Plus the mounted combat animations look real clunky… I really don’t understand why we didn’t have something like “Necromancer” or “Litch”… I get that they’re not directly death knight things but neither are San Layn. Something along the lines of master of undeath or master of disease would have a suited us way more.

They have mentioned they will change Festermight to work more like feral druid’s Ironfur mechanic, which is an improvement although still uninteresting as a mechanic. At least ti will be easy to maintain and will match our ramping gameplay.

I also would like to see us stepping away as far as possible from DD/defile based gameplay. It’s just so outdated in modern m+ gameplay where we’re constantly on the move and irritating affixes constantly require us to step out.

Whilst we’re here… Defile… CHANGE THE ANIMATION PLEASE AND MAKE SURE OTHER PLAYERS CAN ALSO SEE IT.

3 Likes