Feedback on Collector's Edition

I don’t know where to speak about this. I don’t know if Blizzard will read this. I know i will get hateful comments.

WoW in 2024? Well…physical editions are rare today. We all love WoW and want to collect that sweet great looking collector’s editions. The price of War Within is 200€, for a book, statue, pin and game key. Thats too much, but you are collecting theese for years so you are okay, to be scammed by Blizzard anyways. You put it in basket and now surprise, 100€ for shipping!

I’m rly mad. The price, shipping and the edition content inside…AND the fact that you can’t buy collector’s edition from your local store anymore? Are we forget already, about the damaged Dragonflight editions? For years of supporting Blizzard, we got this. Thank you.

In my opinion, this year collectors edition is missing: soundtrack - physical on CD, mousepad - why not, it’s cool.

The statue - dwarf on gryphon, just why? Not everybody likes it just saying.

Thank you for reading, have a nice day.

Edit: someone said that shipping to UK is 8 …imagine that Dragonflight CE was shipped from Spain to my country and it was 30€?

1 Like

I had the same happen to me. I reluctantly clicked on checkout because 200 euro felt wrong to me, only to be met with 100 euro shipping costs. I immediatelly canceled. it took me a day to realize that i will be missing this expansion’s CE. Honestly it might be impossible for them to reduce shipping costs due to the size of the box or maybe the extra careful handling so i think the only solution is one. Release another version of the CE that doesnt include the statue and the game key. that would decrease overall price and the massive shipping costs since the package will be way lighter and smaller.

But i honestly dont think they will care. the CE will still be sold out and bought by people that simply do not care about it and are only interested in reselling the CE some years later for 3-4 times the original price so those costs dont matter to them

Would have been much better if the statue was a major character. Like the Ragnaros statue for classic

:rofl:

The true WoW junkie telling how hard it was to resist pressing a button that would deduct € 200,- for a collector’s edition.
I would seriously reconsider reading your statement and then re-evaluate on when enough is enough?

The costs do seem to vary a lot depending on where you live. In the UK it’s £8 to get it shipped.

In the rest of the EU it seems to vary greatly.

1 Like

Uhmm, no, I at least am not. I skipped BfA because the physical contents were not worth it and I don’t think the box is worth it, pretty as it would look next to the others.

Agreed.

Not a fan either. Though a statue is most definitely a collectible, so it sort of makes sense.

You may also add your feedback to the main announcement thread:

But the shipping fee is an oft-criticised point (and I agree)

I also think the 200€ is waay to much, but tbh if it was that price from a local retailer or a web shop from my country (Norway) i would buy it…

The Dragonflight Coll. Ed. was the first box i didn’t buy, and not because it was to expensive (it was)… But because how they changed the way they sold it…

From selling thru local / web retailers to just selling it thru the Blizzard Gear Store with disgusting shipping prices (I know ppl that run a web shop that ship parcels across Europe, and the markup is insane… True countries like Norway and Switzerland are expensive to ship to, but its still a huge markup).

Don’t remember the exact cost of the Dragonflight box, but price home to me would be the double due to how they now chose to sell it…

It broke my WoW fan and collector heart not to get it… and no this… the blow is not as hard tho since the collection is already broken and not complete anymore… But i want the Gryphon rider to stand by Ragnaros and the Wolf rider…

For me in Norway the The War Within collectors Edition will run me 400€…

200€ cost + 99€ shipping + 25% taxes (on both cost and shipping) = 373,75€… Then add about 30€ in handling fee from Norwegian mail carrier on packages from abroad… = about 400€

Earlier Coll. Ed boxes has cost about same from Norwegian web shops blizz store / foreign web shops… so normally about 5-10% more, and (mostly) free shipping.

Blizz needs to not be such a greedy loot goblin and go back to letting other stores sell there products instead of selling from there own website with insane markup on shipping…

Also the fact its 8£ in England is insane… i know its 99€ to Norway, 100€ to Switzerland and 40€ to Germany from ppl I’ve talked to…

Blizz please respect your biggest fans (only the biggest, oldest fans by the Coll. Ed at this point)… Hell i even remember getting the Wolf rider sent for FREE, just for being a dedicated fan… (true, If u got the wolf rider u had payed subs for 10 years… But they could still have taken money for it, but they chose not to…)