throwing games for 1 mark and a bit of honor wasnt allowed by TOS.
wintrading does the same, it has 1 team not engage in the BG mechanics.
its bannable.
let them all do it, and lose all their honor, gear and a full weeks of raid lockouts in the process.

I want to tell you a story. Problems with finding BG for the horde were still in classic vanilla. During the ak40 patch, the horde wore clouds in silithus for 200 honor, because they could not find the BG. Many people knew about this problem even before the start of classic servers. Me and my friends started playing for the alliance for this reason. Play BG and don’t wait long for it. We were killed by horde raids in phase 2 of vanilla. We had uncompetitive racial abilities. We played wsg 6 vs 10 every day, Ab 8 vs 15, Av 22 vs 40. It was all for this. For the fast procs BG. What you are doing now is devaluing our experience. The problem of faction balance remains. Solve it and the problem of bg procs in the horde will be solved by itself without these innovations. Give people the motivation to play for the alliance, not kill the last of us.

12 Likes

Just here to have a good quote in 2 years, when Faction imbalance led to mass extinction of alliance. Already by now PVP servers inherit 50% more horde than alliance. With no incentive to roll alliance people will choose horde. Either because of superior racials, a bigger community (and thus a higher likelihood to have friends on horde) or a healthier economy. At the moment the drawbacks might be not visibile but looking at the data the trend of a decreasing ally population will continue to spiral. May it due to horde camping in the open world, dominating world bosses, have more to buy on the auction house or having (slight but noticable) advantages in PVP. Its short term thinking and looking at the data (In classic the ratio was 52% horde vs 48% alliance on PVP servers and now its already at 60% horde vs 40% alliance) changes like that might and probably will worsen the situation for alliance players on those servers. And that will lead to things like what happened in P2 when people were transferring away leading to heavily 1-sided servers on both ends (Lucifron and Heartstriker might be the prime example for that).

Horde strongarmed their way into same faction battlegrounds but is blizzard willing to pay the price. That will be the question.

6 Likes

is it possible to exclude people from the same servers being on both sides?
as in i dont mind figthing russian, french and german hordes only if that keeps queue times reasonable and prevents all people from wintrading in the process.

I guess you dont understand what RP means at all. RPG means that the game develops a community which will play a major role in how the game is played. From your POV of course you are completely unaware of this cause you are just focused on getting your honor. In the other hand for someone that plays this game because of the community aspect of it this game literally just died, as Blizzard killed my faction and no one is even motivated to pvp as alliance anymore.

Thx you blizzard I love you

Best blizzard feature since years dont revert it

I’m not in denial here, I didn’t say every server is in favor of alliance.

From the Data I can see on Ironforge.pro (not sure if there’s any other notable sources) and yes I’m aware It’s just raid data, there are 13 alliance realms on EU that have more participation than the horde, and an extra 7 that are >40% alliance.

But regardless of that I was simply stating that the below is false.

To reiterate I’m not in denial, I am fully aware there is a huge faction imbalance in the game but I think that stating every Alliance has a bad experience is completely false.

This is also a complete assumption and just wrong, I play and have played Alliance too. Which was even my main for the majority of Classic.

Wrong. Plenty of people would re-roll just for a new experience or to freshen the game, there’s no real downside to adding this now…

Who said “Every single Alliance”?

I would argue 75%+ of Alliance players are having a bad experience which will get worse as the expansion goes on.

Sorry is “Alliance” better for you? If you’re not referring to them all then state it

I stand by that statement, There are obvious exceptions to every rule but “Alliance” speaks for the majority.

Every single server will feel the effects of this change exactly as they did in retail, Natural attrition and re-rolls means that there are less and less players for Raiding, Dungeons, Economy, PvP before eventually those left migrate to one or two mega servers and the Alliance pop is effectively non-existent everywhere else.

3 Likes

will /w (whisper) also be disabled?

From the Data I can see on Ironforge.pro (not sure if there’s any other notable sources) and yes I’m aware It’s just raid data, there are 13 alliance realms on EU that have more participation than the horde, and an extra 7 that are >40% alliance.

Then you are pulling the data wrongly. We dont care about PVE servers since there is no actual downside in the open world. Its exactly as i stated 28 PVP Servers. 4 servers with a alliance pop >50% and 19 equal or below 40%. And for your understanding from a balancing point 40% is already horrible. In our case the alliance population has to increase by 50% across all servers to even break even with the horde.

Wrong. Plenty of people would re-roll just for a new experience or to freshen the game, there’s no real downside to adding this now…

And I hold against it. The train left the station. At the moment there is absolutly no incentive to reroll alliance and players won’t leave there lvl 70 behind without getting some benefit. Furthermore go to the ironforge.pro classic tab and check and compare the data from there. You will see that the faction imbalance actually worsened with TBC DESPITE the awful queue times on horde side. This means the benfits/incentives that horde offered must have outweight those of the alliance.

4 Likes

I disagree I think there weren’t that many players that re-rolled for queue times alone and there will be even less that re-roll back.

When comparing the number of re-rollers for queues I think it is significantly outweighed by the number of quitters or re-rollers caused by mass world PvP ganking due to it being the best honor for Horde.

From what I can see there’s 12, lets say 9 because some are extremely low pop so not 4.

And again, this wasn’t even what I said anyway I simply stated that It’s not “every server” that Alliance have a “sub-par, unenjoyable” experience on and I can even speak for my own experience.

I just completely disagree I’ve already given you an incentive to roll, just because It’s not an incentive for you doesn’t mean it isn’t for others and won’t help the population balance. No matter what you say if H > A transfers was added some people would take it.

Ofc there weren’t many rerollers. People new from the start of TBC that horde will be the superior faction in every aspect of the game. So when they decided for a fresh start they choose horde - On a different or their own server. And afterwards they realised - Oh sh*t I cant get my benefits in PVP cause I am stuck in queue and started to cry.

1 Like

World PvP is almost always a trash experience anyway so I’ll count the PvE servers actually.

From what I can see there’s 12, lets say 9 because some are extremely low pop so not 4.

And again, this wasn’t even what I said anyway I simply stated that It’s not “every server” that Alliance have a “sub-par, unenjoyable” experience on and I can even speak for my own experience.

Blockquote

You removed PVP RP - Which are basically also pvp servers since they follow the same rules and are only specifically highlighted for the rp community

1 Like

I think you’ll find I did not

Can we not use metrics from a month into the expansion as any kind of indicator of how the population is going to retain going forward?

The Alliance population plummeted during Classic and there is no reason to believe it won’t also happen in TBC especially as a result of this change.

2 Likes