Can’t post the link… You have to replace the X with an O

imgur.cXm/a/5LOnujC

1 Like

You’re looking at just EU :slight_smile:

You are right - It’s late and I meant just european servers because I was too lazy to count them for all US and EU ones.
But also including US doesnt change anything on the overall percentages, which means the median stays the same.

1 Like

We’re not, we’re using them as an indicator of the current population as you can clearly tell if you read.

As I stated earlier, I doubt this specific change would cause the Alliance population to plummet on its own and I’d in fact argue it would bring more Alliance quitters back over the ganking season.

That’s no worries my counting was probably scuffed too It’s 5AM after-all

6.2.2 where Mercenary Mode was implemented caused a 40%+ Alliance population dip over the course of a few months.

The only thing those stats indicate is that the faction balance is significantly worse than it was at the end of Classic. Historically over the lifespan of every single expansion one faction always rises and one declines in population. It’s been Horde in every expansion bar WoTLK. Why would it change this time when the balance is even worse than it was historically now with a feature that encourages any new player or returning player to roll Horde?

2 Likes

I think this is used without context in mind, in 6.2.2 we had features such as paid faction change, immediately allowing people to swap faction without any incentive to stay.

It also took an incredibly less amount of time to progress your characters (be levelling or gearing) which would of also had an impact on the incentive to stay.

I’m also curious to where you’re getting 40% from and the “horde in every expansion bar WoTLK” since I am yet to see this data :slight_smile:

Again I don’t think same faction queues will impact the game as much as you think, especially in the games current context and given that incentives are given to roll Alliance (e.g. free oneway transfer)

Go to WoWProgress, Sort by population and filter for the relevant patch.

Faction Transfers made it easier but keep in mind that 6.2.2 was mid expansion cycle whereas we are barely a month into TBC. We have boosts and players are now massively encouraged to re-roll Horde to guarantee a long term enjoyable game experience.

Think what you want, You are absolutely wrong based on all precedence and evidence.

2 Likes

If I told average quality ice-cream and 2 feet away from somebody who sold the best ice-cream I’d get less sales than if I told average quality ice-cream with the guy 1000 feet away from me because Its more effort for my customers to go to him, especially if on top of this I delivered the ice-cream (with the delivery being free faction transfer)

Your evidence is trash because it doesn’t take into consideration everything else that was included in the game at that point but alright

As you said, boosts massively encourage re-roll and they shouldn’t be in the game because of this.

1-2 hour queues going to 1min queues >>>>>>>>>>> your tiny loss of Alliance from this change that arguably isn’t even a loss because of the returning players from ganking

none of this is original

Trash how?

It’s literally the only available metrics for game population in the present day and historically. They follow extremely predictable trends and are accurate as far as PvE participation goes.

Horde has always had a much larger PvP community (As evidenced by historical queue times) therefore they are a perfectly adequate indication of faction balance.

This is not a “tiny” loss, This essentially Dooms Alliance to a sub 10% of the game population by P5.

2 Likes

Nice change Blizzard. I have a job and family and I’m unable to play the game for hours on end so this change allows me to play my favourite content, battlegrounds! Waiting nearly two hours at peak time made this content unplayable for me, especially when you missed the queues sometimes! :smiley:

6 Likes

I told you how, read…

If you think this specific change will “doom the alliance to a sub 10%” then you’re completely delusional and refuse to acknowledge any of the growth from returning players like I talked about.

Then why tf you play horde if you have a job? Don’t tell me you didn’t know this is gonna be

On PvP servers the current balance (keep in mind that this is PvE only and Horde have a MUCH larger PvP community than Alliance do as evidenced by the queues) is :

Alliance: 74509 / 39% – Horde :117014 / 61%

We are at the start of an expansion where player count is at it’s most stable because it’s new content. So taking that into account, Horde are already 11% larger than Alliance in PvE participation only. Factor in the PvP population and you could be looking at a more realistic number of 30/70 or even 25/75.

Hardly delusional but keep sticking to your narrative.

1 Like

Prefer Horde, always have!

ForTheHorde!

1 Like

Preferring horde = preferring lond queues. It was always like that, in classic or private servers

Aight keep getting ganked at sum stones

3 Likes

Nope I prefer Horde for the lore, aesthetics and that I have grown up playing it :slight_smile: I’m completely fine with having higher queues than Alliance but 2 hours makes this content unplayable for me personally.

2 Likes