Feel like I've messed something up

Hey all,

I recently purchased a new rig with the intent of playing BFA on a semi-decent graphics setting, with good FPS - below are the specs:

Intel I5-9400F @ 2.90 GHZ
16GB RAM
64BIT
RTX 2060
2.4GB SSD
2TB HDD

When I first installed the game (along with some addons), I could’ve sworn that the FPS was higher: while I am not expecting to run on Ultra for BGs/m+ (I want to have at least 60 FPS at all times), I was running 7 - and 5 - to good use.

I started looking at some options in the Nvidia control panel, reverted them, and the Geforce Experience has an ‘Optimisation’ option which only seems to put everything at the highest graphic level. Anyway, I reverted that, too, but it feels that, even in BGs, when I am running at a custom 5 setting with many of the options set to low/disabled, the FPS is skirting dangerously low to 60, and feels a bit choppy.

Are there any suggestions you guys can offer in order to maintain a constant, smooth gameplay, with a good framerate? With my config, what settings should I be expecting to run with in BGs/M+ in order to achieve a good performance? I’m aware of WoW’s limitations, but I feel that with my current rig I should be able to play WoW at a good framerate and without having to remove a lot of settings.

I’ve disabled Details and DBM while doing BGs, and only run with a few other UI addons (Bartender, WeakAura, Tidyplates & Flyplatebuffs).

Something not quite right there. I hope you have WoW and Windows on the SSD.

Mass actor action like BGs will be the lowest FPS + potential server lag. BG around 60 FPS is a good result.

You can run some synthetic benchmarks and compare results to other results for same CPU/GPU. I also have i5-9400F/R5 3500X WoW benchmarks on:

https://rk.edu.pl/en/ryzen-5-3500x-versus-i5-9400f-world-warcraft/

https://rk.edu.pl/en/wow-performance-different-ram-configurations/

That’s by default 1080p mode 7. GTX 1070 in the first one and Vega 64 in the second one.

Sorry - I meant 240GB SSD! Thanks for the links

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.