Feeling too weak

Maybe dumb question but I started this expansion focusing on druid as a main. I choose to be balance for questing and stuff and for PVE resto. But now, when I am trying to do quests for reputation, even during leveling I was feeleng so weak. Like I couldnt handle more that 3 mobs, cause they would kill me like nothing. So my question is, is anybode feel same way or I am just bad at playing balance, cause I love druid class so much and I would like to do whole expansion with him but this weaknes seems to be too much trouble.

Use a talent build with Treants and Orbital Strike. It makes slightly bigger pulls (5-ish mobs) possible:

Some other leveling tips:

• Use Typhoon and Ursol’s Vortex to keep mobs away from you
  • Use Bark Skin (with the Matted Fur talent, it’s even better) when you’re about to get smacked.
  • Use Renewal to recover

But even with this build, balance druids are a bit squishy and pulling more than 3 mobs can be a bit risky and requires those big CDs (treants and celestial with orbital strike). We can’t pull 10 mobs like tanks can. I leveled up as balance and it was fine, but maybe leveling as guardian is easier.

To be fair Boomkin is not a spec meant to do big pulls by itself, it has awesome AoE damage but needs support to do big pull. Pair the boomie with a tank or a healer though and now you have the janitor squad, cleaning everything.

Also if you have to use 4-5 GCDs to stay alive when pulling 4 mobs might as well pull them 2 by 2, and be done in the same time frame due to not having to use defensive GCDs, and stress free.

When you’re soloing content as balance, you need to use your utility and mobility to keep mobs out of melee range so they can’t hit you. What that mostly means is DoTing up, casting wrath/starfire when you have time to stand still and cast, casting starsurge/starfall when you have enough AP, and staying at range while you wait for mobs to die.

In my opinion, this is kind of tedious!

I play feral and I had no trouble with levelling, although I did start out overgeared (300 ilvl). It got harder as I got closer to max level and had the expected ilvl for the content.

Since reaching max level, and now that I’m farming for various things, I’ve taken to doing world content mostly in guardian spec. As bear, the problem is more that it’s difficult to find enough mobs in an area to create a ‘worthwhile’ pull. I just run round moonfiring everything, then wait for them all to gather around me so I can thrash and swipe and mangle them down.

Most of the resto mains I know go guardian spec for open world content.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.