Fel corrupted Dracthyr RP

I have been RP-ing evokers since day one as a part of the Legion-oriented guild. The idea came to me from their greenish horn as they can be used to show Fel corruption. The idea was that he has awoken from 20k years of slumber just to find out that his father was betrayed and killed by the remaining Aspects.

Imagine waking up from 7 years long medical coma just to find out that your uncles have killed your father and now you are forced to believe them that your creator was the betrayer. Earth-warden, the person who would give his life to protect the world is the one who caused the cataclysm? No way. I do not care if you use arcane or bronze aspect powers to show me the past I will not believe you because I am assuming that you are lying to me and showing me past that

In search of power, he stumbled upon a group of Legion followers who, after almost killing him in battle, decided to torture him. During this torture, my guy gets some sort of Stockholm syndrome and part of his mind was wiped so he would be a perfect pawn and a follower of the Legion. After a few weeks, his memories started coming back but nowadays he sees fel as a strong source of power and a potential way to get revenge on the remaining Aspects. He now serves willingly in hopes to master this corruption.

Green evoker spells are used as Fel effects IC, with that emerald dream fire being portrayed as fel-fire breath, etc.

So far I am having a blast, if anyone else wants to join my Fel squad, hit me up in-game, send a letter to Laegon and join the Shadowbane Coven!

Btw, Blizzard please allow Dracthyr to become Warlocks!! It would be a wasted opportunity not to be able to play as warlocks!! You did us dirty with Zandalari not being able to summon demons, please do not do that with Dragons!!

1 Like

Man, considering it isn’t long since the Dracthyr arrived on the mainland, yours surely went fast with suckling on the Fel. At the current, Dracthyr has no need for Demons, they are created to see Demons as worthless, lesser, a threat.

12 Likes

Everyone NEEDS demons.

They can’t be any class aside from evoker, which is their entire gimmick, what are you smoking

15 Likes

Where there’s a will there’s a way. It’s not like anyone’s immune to Fel corruption, particularly Titan creations and the Titans themselves, with the Legion being led by one too.

That said, I’d stick with making a fel-corrupted Evoker rather than a Dracthyr warlock. One I see as plausible, the other as being a bit too implausible within such a short amount of time and way too deep in headcanon terrirory.

That and imho this should be a months-long process, but at the same time we have orcs who turned green/red/Fel-mangled right after they drunk the Pitlord koolaid.

3 Likes

I would second this.

All it takes is a single mishap or trick for a being to be tainted by Fel, and then potentially wanting to indulge further and learn more. At best I could believe them being an apprentice to a demonologist or rogue demon, rather than a fully fledged Warlock in their own right.

Ultimately if it’s a concept you’re happy with and your guild is comfortable accommodating your character then fair enough and don’t let what I’m about to say dissuade you from roleplaying.

To me personally though I find the idea of dracthyr turning to any sort of outside power not represented by the five flights to be kind of a missed opportunity. You have this new race with a whole new perspective on things, but instead of going exploring those new paths you’re kinda just using them for a style of roleplay that any other race can partake in (and have partook in for the best part of a decade).

Like I said at the start, if you’re happy with it and your guild is happy with it then all the more power to you, but I personally feel the whole corrupted dracthyr thing is much more of a character limiter rather than an enabler.

1 Like

I could see the counterpoint to this, though. We know that not all Dracthyr are reverent or even tolerant of the Aspects, and a really, really die-hard version of that would be to reject that part of their own being. To choose not to use any of the dragonflight magics out of spite or conviction, and seeking an entirely different power to wield.

I ultimately do agree that it’s a rather soon etc, but the rationale isn’t entirely off the deep end in my books.

1 Like

It’s the eternal question: How much can a character deviate from traditional themes of their race before they lose everything that makes them fit the race’s concept (outside of the aesthetics)?

1 Like

Oh it definitely can be rationalized and logically justified, it’s that I personally think it’s - for lack of a better word - boring to take all the unique traits and ideals of a dracthyr and essentially make just another warlock.

I’d also be saying the same with Light or Void - the tools to make that sort of character have been there for years with nearly every other playable race in the game.

1 Like

Everyone’s going to draw the line in a different place with that, but to me this seems on a similar level to the Holy Light npcs with Brother/Sister titles that might get put in Orgrimmar next patch.

1 Like

I would even argue that Dracthyr being a concoction of mortals and dragons makes them even more susceptible to Fel corruption than purely Titan constructs, but in the end it’s just conjecture for a character/guild I wont likely interact with unless I start getting into Legion worship.

If I was tasked with making such a character I’d avoid the Fel use/corruption angle and just have them embrace the ideology of wanting the Burning Legion back. That no-one really contest when we have doomsday cults pop up every expansion and even the Dracthyr join some relatively bonkers factions (Sundered Flame) on their own accord and end up being cartoon villains for some quests.

1 Like

I feel I should say as someone who does rp an out of the box concept character that it couldn’t hurt to consider the social ramifications of a fel infused Dracthyr and be prepared for them.

They’re new and folk are still unsure about Draconian creatures being allies with them and to suddenly see a fel infused Dracthyr will invoke alarm at the very least. Especially with how people will remember the Burning Legion’s suffering inflicted upon the world.

It’s plausible but you could be looked at with fear, loathing and suspicion by many and scorn, pity and a lack of tolerance by other Dracthyr.

Good luck with the concept.

2 Likes

It sounds like jumping through a whole lot of hoops and assuming a whole lot of stuff just to roleplay a dracthyr alt in a group your main is a part of.

It’s creative, sure, but I do not get why a dracthyr of all things would side with the Burning Legion. We have not seen a single dragonkin doing this over the course of almost twenty years of in-game or book lore.

It would take a whole lot of gaslighting and a probably lengthy process of corrupting for a dracthyr to become fel-corrupted, no less side with the Burning Legion and lose the power of five dragonflights’ (miniature version of them, anyway) to obtain a power they never got to see outside of the orders of Neltharion to defend against them in the future (which they missed by like, ten thousand years.)

19 Likes

It seems also somewhat Anathema to the very existence of Dracthyr as well; they were created through a combination of mortal adaptability and the powers of the Aspects (not to mention “Order Magic”) to create incredibly loyal, lawful, orderly soldiers that could defend Azeroth against any threat. Fel is the antithesis of all of the above, it is chaos and destruction.

I would argue for making a Sundered Flame Dracthyr instead, which still have the same orderly unity but fight for the primalists instead and are a known enemy currently causing problems in the setting.

8 Likes

Now hol’ up, this isn’t exactly true.
The Feldrake mount is specifically described as having been corrupted by demonic magic.
There are also Fel Stormdrakes from Legion: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fel_Stormdrake

Nieither of which were willing aspirants, but OP’s character wasn’t exactly either.

This I already mentioned in the thread but Order/Titan constructs and creatures seem to be even more susceptible to being Fel-corrupted than the Void. Aggramar and Sargeras being notable examples and then there’s multiple examples in Tomb of Sargeras (Maidens of Vigilance/Valor).

It’s not a safe bet to base your argument on what part of the cosmology chart we’re on when we have seen everything being capable of corrupting everything, even when it’s polar opposites.

Is true enough, and we have examples of Corruption, but it should be noted the Maidens in the Tomb of Sargeras were corrupted by direct, constant vicinity to the Avatar of Sargeras for presumably several thousand years, and it takes the Old Gods to corrupt the other Keepers and even then they’re only able to keep them in a state of lethargy and miasma rather than directly corrupt them.

I was talking about dragonkin. When it comes to dragons, I guess there is the one from the Sunwell Raid that got killed then raised by the demons there. Having said that,

If we are to take the TCG as being always canon for their cosmetics, my character’s going to pull up to roleplay with a miniature version of Kel’Thuzad which was sold to him by a goblin.

3 Likes

Not to say that there’s nothing to side with.

I just imagine fel dracthyr making a pilgrimage to Sargeras’ sword, vowing revenge for him for IC clout with cultists that are in eternal hiding now

4 Likes

How Dracthyr who stayed true to the Titans wake-up 20,000 years later knowing that Mortal kind and the Pantheon managed to imprison the ultimate evil.
True to the Titans

2 Likes