Fel corrupted Dracthyr RP

Old or not, it does not make them any less canon.

The clerics and paladins all lifted right hands, which were now suffused by a soft, golden glow. They pointed at Arthas, directing the radiance toward him. Arthas’s eyes were wide with wonder, and he waited for the glorious glow to envelop him.
Nothing happened.
The moment stretched on.
Sweat broke out on Arthas’s brow. What was going wrong? Why wasn’t the Light wrapping itself
around him in blessing and benediction?
And then the sunlight streaming in through windows in the ceiling slowly began to move toward the prince standing alone in shining armor, and Arthas exhaled in relief. This had to be what Uther had spoken of. The feeling of unworthiness that Uther assured him all paladins felt simply seemed to drag out the moment. The words Uther had spoken came back to him: No one feels he deserves it…its grace, pure and simple…but the Light loves us anyway.
Now it shone down on him, in him, through him, and he was forced to shut his eyes against the almost blinding radiance. It warmed at first, then seared, and he winced slightly. He felt—scoured. Emptied, scrubbed clean, then filled again, and he felt the Light swell inside him and then fade away to a tolerable level. He blinked and reached for the hammer, the symbol of the order. As his hand closed about the haft, he looked up at Archbishop Faol, whose benign smile widened. Arthas couldn’t help it. He grinned as he grasped the enormous hammer, so large that for a brief moment he thought he wouldn’t be able to lift it, and swung it upward with a whoop. The Light, he realized, made the hammer seem to weigh less in his hands.

These is the most important parts in terms of differentiating the Paladins of the Silver Hand from paladins - that being the in-game class.

Arthas couldn’t help it. He grinned as he grasped the enormous hammer, so large that for a brief moment he thought he wouldn’t be able to lift it, and swung it upward with a whoop. The Light, he realized, made the hammer seem to weigh less in his hands.

He felt scoured. Emptied, scrubbed clean, then filled again, and he felt the Light swell inside him and then fade away to a tolerable level.

No other paladin is depicted as such, being generally holy warriors.

Anduin is a priest clad in plate, blood knights are blood knights. If we use your logic, we could call him a paladin.

You’ve yet to show how.

haven’t claimed blood knights can’t wield the light 24/7, I’ve said they aren’t constantly empowered by the Light. It’s not a part of them, unlike those of the Silver Hand. Hence my statement of Silver Hand Paladins being more akin to Lightforged than simple holy warriors.

Again. The difference is in how they are empowered. For Silver Hand Paladins it’s constant, it’s part of them due to their initiation ritual. For blood knights and other holy warriors it’s a temporary boon.

How draining Naaru’s powers is not a permanent empowerment? It doens’t work off a switch, its a permanent alteration, a permanent boon that permanently gave headaches to all blood knights canonically up until the restoration of the Sunwell.

1 Like

Blood knights wielded the Light by siphoning energy from M’uru, the pain this caused him gave them headaches due to that established connection, Silver Hand Paladins are empowered in the ritual that actually made them paladins.

They also no longer do that.

Compared to Paladins they wielded the light more similar to how a mage wields arcane.

All of this has made me never want to play a paladin or a blood knight ever again to be honest.

2 Likes

Discussions about how the fantasy mysterious divine force of mysteriousness works tend to do that.

I beg you all remember that Tirion got excommunicated out of his ritual and the Light literally just answered him the exact same, or I think, its described as even stronger?

1 Like

I was typing a reply, but I decided not to bother because you will continue saying “Silver Hand ritual” like it is one powerful entity without bothering to understand other lore.

Instead, all I can do is link a guide written by Aerilen for you to look for answers :pray:

1 Like

In the spirit of accuracy, the Void does not raise the dead in the same vein as necromancy does. It just… chucks a Void entity into the dead body and then has that do their bidding.

Look, I know there’s a small moral victory in there somewhere. There has to be!

Come to the dark side. We have tentacles.

The Light answered him after he spent years living in exile, thinking his connection to it had been severed. It returned to him in a hail Mary as he tried to save Eitrigg’s life.

It’s a good guide, but it doesn’t contradict what I said. We see how blood knights are made and operate in this guide, it’s quite different to how we see Paladins of the Silver Hand made.

Yes, that one instance in the lore than is then never brought up again just like the biochemical causing degenerative process in the Draenei and permanently cuts them off from the light. Still very silly that the dimension/world travelling demonic army that has the support of a God on their side and can soul harvest you into fuel can’t figure out how to keep strains of a local disease that’s been crucial in a victory against their antithetical foe.

I did wonder what happened with that.

Ultimately, we only also have one instance of this whole, detailed Paladin infusion ritual. So Tirion’s one instance proving that it doesn’t matter is honestly on-par with the one instance of a ritual that we don’t even know if was just done because it was the future King of the Grand Alliance or just a general always-done thing.

In a game of one-to-ones from 2 ancient books the way to win is to not play the game.

One could also argue Tirion’s story is probably more directly honest because its entirely centred around the idea that the Light doesn’t care about the moral leaning of some Humans in a Church and cares more for if someone actually follows its tenets.

1 Like

The deed is d̷̢̫̹̥̘̻̦͎̊̌ͅǫ̴͓͉͇̣̪̰̰̜̎̏ͅņ̵̧̨̙̭̝̗͍̟̬̫̰̘̠̥̀̐̔͐̾̔́̂̕͘ę̴̡̞̟͈͖̰͎͚͓̙̹̈́̋͆̋̀̀̕͘͘͝.

1 Like

It’s never too late =)

If Telaryn is to believed the red mist was synthetized from the Red Pox disease to begin with, but apparently it’s been exterminated so the Legion couldn’t do that anymore which for me kinda… Eeeeeh for them not to have saved a strain of it for future uses is a bit like admitting failure on Blizzard’s end that this bioweapon is just too strong for the setting otherwise the first and second war would have been Horde victories against the newly formed Paladins of the Alliance.

1 Like

I’ve yet to see this not be the case.

Something something, dishonorable.

Because it is a distinction that you made up and so far there is no citation from the canon lore, and instead it contradicts what we have seen.

Shut up about paladins, literally nobody cares.

No wonder they have librams in canon because the fans are proper tryhard library nerds, good grief.

7 Likes

Wasn’t this about dracthyr, not paladins?

3 Likes

Yeah, when and why did this turn into being about paladins again?

1 Like