Fel Reaver concept elite - bring it back

I know there were some tries to bring back something like the Fel Reaver, either for fun or concept, Deathwing event for example. How ever all attempts failed.
I thought of stuff that can bring back an event like this for Dragonflight specifically since dragons are awesome.

1. Make it a big a$$ dragon, like, huge, deathwing style.
  2. Make it has tons of defense, hp and parry.
  3. Make it painful so it 1shot a DPS/Healer and u must have a tank there.
  4. Need to take ALOT of players to kill it
  5. Give cool reward, some really really good transmogs, mount.
  6. Choice (so competitive players really want to also come and kill it):
    6a. Let it drop a unique item that can Upgrade you gear 1 level up to 1 over the max level of the expansion. (for example, if max ilvl is 308 than upgrade to 311)
    6b. Let it add a 3rd stat to your gear for you own pick (avoidance, speed, leech).
    6c. make it give 5% damage buff for an hour
  7. Spawn rate very low so you cant really farm it all day
  8. Do not cap 1 kill for a char per week

I can give some few more ideas but Draginflight coming and combining it with Fel Reaver concept event it reminded me Antharas back in Lineage II.

Anyway this can be fun in my opinion.

7 Likes

Loved the world boss events from GW2, would be awesome to have something like that in WoW.

Would love to see the Fel Reavers back - they scared the crap outta me forst time i went through the dark portal

5 Likes

Although the idea sounds great, we did have a Fel Reaver back in 7.3 in Krokuun. Most people eventually figured out how to avoid it and aside from the occasional auto-running player getting killed, it was more of a nuisance than scary/challenging.

Turning this into a world boss like event with rewards would be cool though… but it would just be that. A world boss. We’ll all be flying in the sky with our dragonriding mounts pretty much half an hour into Dragonflight questing, so it’s not going to affect anyone but the occasional auto-runner.

And putting it in the sky would just make things tedious like the N’zoth worms in Uldum/Vale Assaults.

Idk. I don’t see this working in today’s game. It didn’t work in Krokuun where we couldn’t fly and it will defo not work when we can. Fel reaver-like elites are just a relic of the past and should stay as such.

Give it stealth and 500% increased movement speed! weeeee.

3 Likes

Now that, that would be terrifying! Haha.

but

Trying to recreate the past has never worked well for retail WoW.

Besides i don’t see all powerful mobs being particularly popular now.

‘OMG Acti-Bobby-Blizz you suck. I went away for 12 hours and a mob killed me. I’m going to play WotLK.’

Spawn rate low is obsolete concept - we had few expansions so few really rare items are ok in the game but with so many expansions its really annoying to keep up with it.

There were 4 world dragon event btw.

It is similar to world boss and some rare mobs which collectors grind every day.

It was fun to solo fel reaver - its like leveling is over now its my turn sucker.

1 shotting isnt fun.

You know what happed to time lost proto drake for years… How people tagged it to caves and sells like a boost. Similar thing will happen to such world boss if it drop item level for anyone. Hard core pvers gonna ruin whole boss event for 1 item level.

So you want a new Doomwalker, a pain-in-the-buttocks world boss to farm when legacy content. Before you even make such an US-tier suggestion, fly over to Shadowmoon Valley and try to camp Doomwalker for a day.

This is what was missing from SL. That one very elusive Rare that got players banding together and camping the spot where it spawns. Only please don’t make it drop yet another mount. It needs to drop something really unique and very tangible and usable. Said item also needs to be able to scale with each patch by having a token or redrop even. Give players a reason to want to camp/farm this.

Edit: Might even be a good idea to have this b.a Rare drop those mythic crafting reagents on very low drop rate - would give non raiders and crafters a chance at getting this.

I thought the original Fel Reaver dropped nothing useful when killed? It was just supposed to make the zone feel even more dangerous. Like people said, they did this in Legion, but because it walked through a path easily avoided, it was not much of a feature.

What you describe reminds me a lot of Oondasta from MoP? A crazy OP boss that would one shot raids and people would just kite it to GY and then lemming it to death. Was fun.

Would be cool to have something like this again. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. dead

What is a rare in modern WoW? a 1 minute spawn mob which may or may not have a kinda meaninful loot. What’s rare about it? Hogger is much more rarer than the rares in Korthia or ZM.

2 Likes

That’s why we saying bring back that elusive rare - we are all well aware the current ones are elites and not rare.

If you’re looking for that danger while out doing world content then this feature would take that away as it would be camped and would just be constantly dead. You could mitigate this a bit by making it a once a week reward (like world bosses).

Whilst the Fel Reaver was kind of fun the first few times, it soon got very annoying. I did get some pleasure by taking my prot pally back from Wrath end-game to Hellfire and soloing a Fel Reaver just for the joy of killing it. But I’m not sure we could re-live that past glory again.

I think stuff like the fel reaver only catches you out once, after that it’s easy to avoid. By the time they re added one for Krokuun we all just ran round it. Same as we do in TBC.

eh eh. i think i was killed more than once by the TBC fel reaver… i was so noob…

1 Like

This.
Also when somebody mentions Fel Reaver immediately in my mind pops that sound we all know. That how terrifying it was back then :rofl:

2 Likes
1 Like

:fearful: :fearful: :fearful: :fearful: :fearful: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :poop:

1 Like