Female druids and more!

1. How does it work with the eye color now? What is “correct” for a female druid? Should I give her golden eyes or no?

2. What are the druids relationship to Elune? (In short) Do they worship Elune or are they only focused on nature?

3. How would a female druid be treated in society? Since I understand it is against their current traditions? Like, what would her status be?

Thank you so much…

1 Like

I suppose young ones would be just fine, a lot of things changed recently, and after the 4th war being picky might not be a good idea. Even mages are viewed better among night elves.

When it comes to older characters, in big centers that should be an unlikely event, but I do not think anybody would care if a hermit would teach someone druidic skills to survives in a hostile environment. But, once again, after the recent events, I do not think it would bother anyone.

When it comes to the rest, i can’t tell you much. Maybe other NElf fact could help

p.s. @Liira stop sitting on us forums, there is stuff to discuss
:joy:

gl hf

1 Like

You’d better off calling for people that have a vast knowledge of nelf lore and who can maintain their cool instead of ranting over horde players most of the time and making fool of themselves.
Now, on the subject:

I recall vanilla cinematic starting with nelf druid who had white eye glow.
Yellow eye glow was given to people with special magical potency.
That is what I know, so I guess it would be up to you OP.

4 Likes

Well, when it’s limited to night elves the situation seems to be fine. And I know like 2 elf fans around, so. Either that one or @Сумевшая .

gl hf

1 Like

There is no true “correct” eye colour, but it has been noted that silver eyes can change to golden ones through druidic training (this happened to Malfurion, and later his eyes changed again…)

They certainly can worship Elune, and most nelf druids likely will. Especially because Elune has ties to Nature herself, as we see in Cenariudçs, Ysera, Malorne and even Moonkin.

Female night elves used to not be welcomed among the Cenarion Circle, but they are now. Ever since the Third War, which cost enough lives to loosen gender restrictions.

That said, the druids of Val’sharah might have allowed females to become druids earlier.

1 Like

Golden eyes (in druidic context*) are only obtained by those that have an extraordinary affinity with the natural energies wielded by druids.
Examples of extraordinary druids only gained said feature after notable feats that bonded them further with the natural world.
In Malfurion’s case, it was further down the line near the end of the WotA, and in Broll’s case, even if he was born with a more faint golden glow, he had his turning bright golden only after he used a massive tranquillity spell to counter Fandral’s corruption of Teldrassil in the novel Stormrage.

Point is, that any night elf druid with enough affinity towards nature, can sport them.

*Golden eyes may sprout randomly in certain individuals even if they aren’t druids. And they are often taken as indicative of some future greatness. Both Azshara and Illidan had golden eyes.

They lean more on nature but inevitably gravitate to some degree towards Elune if only because of the great influence she has over their race. Having a nature-based creed, does not negate their own racial beliefs.

There are and were several notable female druids in the story. The matriarchal approach seems to have been toned throughout the years, and now you have examples like Leyara, Koda, or Thisalee Crow, that are or were druids with notable roles in their society.
As of now, the druid path would probably be as respected as the Sentinel, or the Warden ones.

2 Likes

They did? Is there an actual source/explanation for this or are you deducing it because of stuff like the cinematics?

1 Like

There are no written sources of his eyes changing from gold to green/emerald, but I think the cinematic and his ingame model are convincing evidence. And I can imagine a powerful druid like Malfurion could get emerald eyes, considering the dream etc.

1 Like

Thank you guys for some amazing replies!

1 Like

Balance Druids especially have a balance between solar and moon power, which are part of nature.

So they do worship Elune. The Night elf Druid in Exile’s reach prays to Elune for protection when the cave collapsed.

1 Like

There is also a druidic circle, druids of the Moon, in Val’sharah and the Broken Shore. The latter using Moonkin form specifically.

1 Like

Malfurion currently have green eyes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.