Feral druid, edge of night?

Why is edge of night not recommended as a dinar purchase for feral druid?

Seems weird.

1 Like

Because it’s a dagger.

You can use daggers as feral. The artifact weapon was a dagger.

Unless there’s some weird scaling with feral, so slower weapons tend to give you more damage, but that was something that they fixed long ago with the standardization of weapons.

The artifact weapon was an anomaly.

Are you actually gonna explain or? Do daggers scale badly with cat form?

Ah, I realised where you’re going with this.

Feral can’t dual wield. Druids can equip a main hand weapon and an off hand item, but there are no agi off hands, so the dagger effect would have to be massive to outweigh having an int off hand.

1 Like

You mean that the artifact was an outlier because it was the only weapon druid could dual wield?

Because it was kinda considered as a single item.

I guess. As far as Blizz are concerned, probably just ‘because artifact’ and they had special rules.

But that’s what it comes down to. If druids could dual wield, it would probably be BiS, just as it is for rogues. But with only being able to equip one of them, the loss of main stat on the off hand is too much of a loss. (Unlike Gavel, which is BiS for guardian because the effect is so strong that it outweighs the loss of main stat.)

1 Like

The artifact dagger was actually 2 weapons in 1, stat-wise.

It looked like 2 daggers, and gave stats like 2 daggers, but it was just 1 item.

Same with guardian druid fist weapon artifact.

1 Like

Yep, basically the reason why Artifact Weapon is considered BiS for MageTower right now.

Behave like 2 weapon but is just 1 in reality.

Edge of Night isn’t recommended because it doesn’t work for feral, you can equip it but the special effect won’t ever proc on feral combo point spenders so it’s just strictly wrose

Just let druids Dual wield daggers….

I was honestly confused at first, feral has never been my main but i did play it quite a bit in legion, so i assumed that they could dual wield daggers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.