Feral druid mediocre PvP changes again in 10.1 PTR

Feral is just the spec they nerf. They never give them anything but nerfs. Was super fun in early DF and now u cant even kill an afk rabbit.
So pathetic they cannot do anything but send out nerfs. Spam bite and nerfs.

2 Likes

Yep, it’s a sad state. When Dragonflight was about to launch and for a short time after launch I thought this was it, I thought they finally got it and would continue to improve over time, but they came a long way and then turned around and went worse than ever

3 Likes

Zerk is such a weak CD. Incarn even aswell. The fact that feral hasnt been changed to revolve around ONLY Tiger’s Fury alone shows the devs have no guts or ideas.

2 Likes

Its funny i dont know anything about feral and it feels fine, until you point out comparatively to other classes, i guess im dev level qualify to balance feral.
Very informative post i feel many people here say their class is bad but never really explain exactly why, they just point out a few things.

1 Like

I play Jungle And most of the time I get outhealed by my friend playing hunter…
Regrowth does nothing and frenzied is the same plus you have to press 3 global to use it while classes like arms warrior heal passively.
In SL you could survive bit more thanks to flesh craft being a massive shield and healing you but now ? Regrowth does nothing even with skin up and it’s a waste of global 1 minute into the match…
All other specs are getting self heal sustained why not feral? I just don’t understand this

8 Likes

[https://imgur.com/a/DoHPZaf]

any questions?

Update 4:

Your monthly feral druid nerf , May 9 boys:

• Rampant Ferocity now deals 30% of damage dealt by Ferocious Bite to nearby enemies (was 35%).
  • Tear Open Wounds now deals 50% of Rip damage it consumes (was 60%).

So this in contrast that the 4 button spec of DHs, Havoc is getting a buff while already S tear in PvP and PvE, + 2% buff on their set bonus.

I still want to stress how next weeks with the replacing of the old set we’re losing another 6 % dmg of ferocious bite, 10% critical of combo generatiors, another 10 % of bleeds buff having a nice 70% ~ uptime.

And to remind you that Rake 10% less damage in Berserk window.
A change that was NOT announced by any means ever. So enjoy doing 20% less of your most powerful bleed.

“come one kitty time for your monthly feral nerf”
“yes, honey”

The nerfs to Rampant Ferocity and Tear Open Wounds are good things, though (for PvP)

I get what you’re saying but there other classes performing way crazier in AOE scenario like DHs for example, they also have instant “cyclone” (well, imprisson) AOE stun, immunities and what not and they got buffed.
So in that context it makes no sense for us to receive nerf compaired to an overperforming already S tear class, as i said earlier.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely true. Delusions are rampant at Blizz HQ

1 Like

They’re neither a four button class anymore, nor are they S tier in PvE and especially not in PvP. DH has been ranging from low A to high B tier since the massive nerfs at the start of the expac, suffering from horrible class design choices aswell as a just on-par horrible spec tree comparable to the druid class tree.

And what Tear is feral bro ? isnt it the same if not lower.
I find this Tear ranking thing being more theoretical than practical:

Having in mind DHs have AOE on 2.8 sec cd being hybrid phisical + chaos/fire damage class, having a AOE Mortal Strike ability, being able to purge buffs, re-send magical debuffs, god-heal on proc + 35% lifesteal on 2 min cd, 2 stuns one of which is AOE, Fear, instant Imprison (which is btw instant clone), insane mobility , literal 5 sec immunity followed by Glimse on 25 sec cd (2 sec immunity) , plus being able to fly in the AIR making them completely immune to melee dps while also being able to deal some damage and lets not forget Darkness on 2 min cd and Blur on 1 min cooldown that not only gives them dodge rating but also damage reduction.

With all of this being said- I really dont think they need even the slightest of buffs.

We have that too and we are a extremely good AoE spec.

This got nerfed pretty hard with the latest change to it that all negative effects when reversed also affect the DH (UA Silence + Damage for example)

As for the rest:

Feral is definitely performing a lot better than DH in PvP, thats for sure, especially now with the big buffs we got with the improved High Winds and super powerful Wild Attunement.

i call bs. theres literally nothin that feral has that Dh does not. Also i dont know a single feral that will handicap themselves to play High Winds and loose Thorns or 20 increased healing.

Which has to mean nothing since this Game is still all about numbers and not about what you offer.

Feral has a lot better damage, a lot better aoe, a lot better utility overall than a DH, especially in PvP.

High Winds is incredible and LotP has been made rather lackluster. If you have a Mortal Strike in your lobby you have 3 free slots.

High Winds + Wild Attunement + Mortal Strike is crazy strong in 2s for example.

what utility does feral offer?

Stampeding Roar, permanent AoE 40% slow that applies Mortal Strike too, spammable & instant Roots, AoE Roar, AoE roots, minimal offhealing, previously 5% Crit but now its just 10% movement speed + 3% heal, one of the best anti-melee tools in Thorns.

I really hate to break it to you but your idealistic mindset isnt rooted in reality and i also feel like you’re not following through:
DHs also have AOE Mortal Strike, not slow but any other class has slow so…

You forgot to mention that Incap Roar is on the same node as Mighty Bash, and that it also breaks 0.2 seconds into casting it from your own bleeds.

For AOE roots you will have to drop Heart Of The Wild.
And in case you’re in 2v2 and you need it , you will have to drop a lot more since most likely you will play single target build.

Same goes for Leader of the pack, you said it yourself > Wild Attument, Highwinds, Wicked Claws. Chances are you will pick King of the Junge 10 times over Leader of the pack.

Thorns is dispelable and the damage of it is kind of nothing out of the ordinairy.

Our healing is a joke , especially in arena.

I gave you an answer to what Feral offers as utility as a whole.

If you think DH is better than Feral, feel free. The reality looks different, and it will still be the case for 10.1. DH/Boomy/X will probably be pretty good aswell as Destro/DH/X in 3s, but outside of that they will still remain at low playrate just as they have been at 2-3% the last months.

But the above still will be nothing compared to the insane pressure of Jungle or Kittycleave aswell as Solo Shuffling Cats with the buffed and new clone talents.

All in all Feral shapes up to be a lot better than DH again so I dont exactly get your point?

Dh design is complete and smooth man, once numbers are corrected it will be fine.
Feral is clunkiness incarnate, thats my point, numbers make up for the outdated design, and even then i dont see how feral gets a nerf and DH gets a buff.