Feral Rework, When?

Ow i dont actually care about PvP moresow it would never be in WOW.

1 Like

I think there is a very easy solution to improve Feral in both PvP and PvE.

1. Divide Rip from PW Rip and make AoE talents use PW Rip. This would allow Blizzard to easily buff / nerf AoE and ST without breaking the other.

2. Remove all the modifiers for healing. Feral has 20% from Barkskin, 20% from Regen, 20% from Rips, 30% from Heart. This causes Regrowth to heal baseline 30k, but heal 100k with everything up.

3. After we remove all the modifiers we can now increase the baseline of healing of regrowth. And we could remove the PvP nerfs to regen probably. By increasing the baseline and removing the modifiers we have a higher floor healing and lower ceiling, making it more consistent and more reliable.

4. Buff the Capstones - Protector needs to stack a bit faster. It does almost no healing it takes time to stack up and dampening happens super fast. Heart could be a 2-3min CD with say 30sec duration. Nature’s Vigil is unreachable for feral so improving that could also create some new builds.

With these changes we make ST and AoE better and most important separate them from eachother allowing Blizzard to tune them as needed without breaking the other, we make healing more consistent without making it OP due to 50 modifiers and make feral feel just a little bit more hybrid with a lower CD on say Heart allowing us to heal or tank more often but for less time.

1 Like
  1. really dont see AOE feral doing anything exceptional. It was already nerfed 2 times, previous and this patch.
  2. You will benefit from Barkskin + Regen 40% buffed regrowth only once in a blue moon.
    You dont always play King of The Jungle, and it specifically requires you to have 4 active rips, which lets be fair wont always be the case and you wont always play AOE, infact you will only play AOE some 30% of your matches.Snupy words not mine.
    I like the modifiers, thing is even with them healing is really low.

Preach, brother. Preach.
4. True brother, I would like to add to that that Ursols Vortex and Mass root were all great talents for ferals , as well as Hibernate, that we could utilize really nicely but as things are rn, they’re unreachable.

1. The problem there is they constantly are having problems where they wanted to nerf for example the AoE DMG in Season one and because they nerfed Rip by 20% they not only heavily nerfed AoE but also ST in PvP where feral really didn’t need a ST nerf. They later almost every single patch had to buff other ST spells cause they knew giving Rip back some DMG would make AoE broken again. This just makes their lives a lot easier with AoE not being so connected to ST. Also in PvE if they decide they want to nerf / buff AoE or ST they could easily do that without breaking again the other.

2. I know that you’ll have all of those up once in a blue moon. My whole point there is because of these modifiers they can’t just increase the baseline now, cause if they do that you’ll soon see all talents that modify Regrowth a most have and you’ll instantly see 50 topics on the forums that Ferals do 300k healing and that is broken. So the easiest solution is just reduce the modifiers or totally get rid of them and increase the healing baseline.

3. Thank you thank you, I’ll keep on preaching! 2 and 3 are connected. I know you said you like the modifiers, but like I said above it’s because of all these mods that they probably can’t increase the baseline and reliability of feral heals cause if they do ferals will end up with super heals when everything aligns and ppl will instantly cry about it.

4. I loved feral back in the days where I could actually be more hybrid. Look at Shamans, I love their DMG to Healing ratio in PvP. If they want they can go full DMG builds, but if they want they can go a build that does a little less DMG, but it’s got 3x more healing. I’ve had solo shuffle games at almost 2k rating where the Shaman had like 20mln DMG and 15mln+ healing. They are still able to do DMG when needed, maybe not as much DMG as other pure DMG classes, but their healing is 5x what every other DPS is doing.

I’m not saying feral has to be a hybrid, but at least give us the choice. If someone wants to go full DMG let them, but give us a build where we say sacrifice some DMG but we get double / triple our current healing.

2 Likes

I would like for our Regrowth to have higher output - it feels really weird to be one of the hybrid classes/specs with the least healing potential.

But Feral is doing really well across the board, although lacking somewhat in the single target dps. Feral does really well in PvP. But why so few Ferals, then? Because Boomy is ridiculously OP right now.

What would be good would be for Feral to have the same armour as Moonkin form. I have no idea why we haven’t got that already.

3 Likes

Feral is okay,
what im at war is how clunky Feral plays.
I cant be the only person who wants to pick Mass Roots but Im unable as feral?
Am i the only person who is still trying to cope with the fact that to pick Cyclone I have to spend 4 talent points into something that I dont need at all to unlock it and I have to drop my only passive 6% dmg increase trait and Ironfur ? On top of that Cyclone to not be so punshiable to be played I have to run 2 PvP talents and craft Precog.
Dont you guys find it ridiculous that Ret paladins have as much armor as Feral does in Bear Form?
I really find it funny that you are forced to pick talents like Sooth and Wild Growth on your way to important talents ? That Heart of the wild is ridiculous 5min cd.
That Berserk needs 3 different talents to function like a proper 3 min cd ?
Dont you find it funny that even thought we have so many Healing modifiers your biggest healing abilities do not benefit form them → Renewal does not benefit from nothing except pure health increase like from a trinket or bear form, Enraged Regeneration should heal 20% more by itself and plus Barkskin it should be 40%, sadly only Barkskin increases it by 20% and theres no option to benefit from 40% increase even if you have them both up at the same time.

Feral is not bad but you run it at 200% effort for 100% of effect while people put 100% of effort and have 150% effectiveness.
Thats what I am at war with, its not if feral is playable or not, it always been on a weird spot and I just think its not that hard to put some effort into making it proper.

1 Like

Yeah ferals are not really that weak, but because of our not existing healing it’s really hard to actually survive when you are the kill target and the ppl attacking you actually know how to deal dmg. :smiley:

If they don’t want feral to heal others just make regrowth heal us more giving us a higher chance of surviving games without having to kite or be in bear form all game :smiley:

Like do you see any other melee class being force to kite half of the game or not be able to deal DMG just to survive? Any other class casts their heal 4 times in a row just to get 100k HP back? It just feels really clunky at times and if your teammates for example suck in solo shuffle you just feel like there is nothing you can do, cause you are forced into bear form every 10 secs.

1 Like

No matter how I look at it, feral really does need a Immunity it can be only for 3 -5 seconds, but with the current meta we really are behind with everything.

Humans lack tail awearness.

New feral ability, “narrow escape”. Helps you get out of tight corners. Increases dodge based on a percentage of agility, upto a maximum of x amount. x second coooldown. Lasts for x seconds. Talent for x seconds more, called “feline agility”.

Another option is to allow a cat to stealth in combat. https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/videos/stealth-cat/2695072727206567/

You forgot the ultimate cat attack.

1 Like

u already posted this in other threads, time to stop?

Wrecker of joy, destroyer of fun and breaker of dreams. :cry: :black_cat:

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

2 Likes

Feck that.

Just make feral strong why do other classes get to be overpowered for months, yet “omfg they might heal others” is enough to have to consider feral couldnt possibly be meta.

• we need more single target options.
  • we need more sustain

We can do a half decent amount of AoE, and its enough to justify our ST being the worst in the game.

Pepple screeching about monk and DH while both out damage us in a AoE enviroment, while still doing more ST.

2 Likes

Feral is more mobile than most classes. It’s just not instant.
In addition to the wild charge, Savage Roar and Dash there’s also a permanent 30% speed increase which actually pays off quite well considering that you can keep dealing damage longer before the brown stuff hits the fan and be back before everyone else. All while your dots continue ticking and you needed that break anyways to regenerate depleted energy.

Then there’s extended melee-range which allows you to continue with damage while everyone else has to back away (for example Stinkbreath in Brackenhide but there are numerous examples).

The problem is just that these class features require raw playing skill. It’s nothing that can be quantified and tuned.

However that’s a pure PvE-perspective. For PvP I’m not qualified to have an opinion since I’m a pure PvE player. But given the fact that a feral is a lot more squishy (at least when looking at the passive squishyness) than other melee-classes it might be a problem.

Rogue abd WW also have this run speed so no longer exclusive to feral. also other specs usually take speed enchants so nownfor example a warrior is also fast.
the extra melee range is the Astral Influence talent point which I think got nerfed for feral with DF and even more requires some talents investments.
I am not saying that feral is not mobile no, but RELATIVE to other specs the gap got smaller with every passing xpac and this is big for PvP because it was always the argument that ferals defensive is its mobility but now that is no longer the case or at least not a big advnatage as it used to be in PvP while we are still squishy.

Not to mention at least a personal view but I kinda find shifting to be lame and also maybe only perception but shifting in and out somehow causes a small lag spike for me and this gets worse in the heat of arena when other stuff are also happening it feels not smooth compared tonsay WW

5 Likes

thats absolute facts. I also find shapeshifting to be wonky and outdated and unnecessary better design would be if it outright gave u 2 seconds of movement impairing effects immunity once you shift in or out, with 4 secs of internal cooldown on it so u cant spam it.

3 Likes

I think you mean Astral Influence with this? There are more melee classes that have talents like that or just have ranged abilities baked into their rotation by baseline.

Yeah same here only I don’t find shifting itself lame, it’s kinda fun for the class fantasy, but that fact that it takes a GCD. It’s SO…DAMN…ANNOYING:

• Frenzied Regen. 3 freaking GCD’s. Shift to bear (1 GCD), Frenzied Regen itself (1 GCD), shift back to cat (1 GCD).
  • Incapacitating Roar. 2 GCD’s. Use the ability and get placed in bear (1 GCD), shift back to cat (1 GCD).
  • Innervate. 2 GCD’s. Use the ability and get placed in caster form (1 GCD), shift back to cat (1 GCD).
  • Rebirth. 2 GCD’s. Use the ability and get placed in caster form (1 GCD), shift back to cat (1 GCD).

I really wish that shifting would be off the GCD again. Would probably be broken for PvP, maybe they can think of a solution for that. And as for Incapacitating Roar, I understand that it might take away some fantasy if they just let us use it in cat, which I understand is not that good for the game, but maybe they can just let us use it in cat and make some sort of spectral bear overlay on the player character that does the roar. Problem solved and looks cool too.

1 Like

I think they could do it the way warrior stances work? I might be wrong about this, but I think stances for warriors have their own GCD, this way they can stance dance without being locked out of all their skills for ages.

1 Like