Fetching CDN Configuration then Error: BLZBNTAGT00000BC9

When opening launcher I see that it is trying to update WoW game client with no success and getting the BLZBNTAGT00000BC9 error. First, it seems to get as far as saying “Fetching CDN Configuration” and then stops and gives me the option to click “Update” and then I get the BLZBNTAGT00000BC9 error displayed.

I have, of course, tried everything on your support page except redownloading and installing the game as that is and should be a last resort.

Can anyone confirm if this is a current issue? (Nothing seems to be displayed on the launcher, Twitter or the website)

1 Like

Das gleiche ist bei mir auch habe jetzt das repp Tool angewendet und es scannt derzeit noch mal schauen was raus kommt

Dunno if it’ll necessarily work for you, but I was having difficulties updating today, and I found that seeking out and terminating the “World of Warcraft Voice Chat Proxy” process seemed to free whatever happened to be locking the files.

1 Like

Sadly no such process seems to exist in task manager for me. I’ll keep holding out for an update a little bit longer!

Hey Accaila,

When the Launcher gets stuck on “Fetching” it usually means the app cannot complete the update due to connection or permission issues. If your connection is fine then most of the time this is due to another program.

I would recommend you try the steps here.

Thank you, unexpectedly and something I never considered to be a possible issue, restarting my router seemed to fix this!