Feudal RP Guild

So, whilst doing a little bit of BG-leveling I thought of a Feudal RP Guild and have ended up becoming quite interested in trying to carry out. As such, I am looking for feedback, advice and importantly players (preferably on Argent Dawn but not necessarily) who would like to develop this idea with me. Currently, I imagine the scenario being as such:

The majority of the RP would centre around some fictional location within azeroth which is ruled by some local Lord or King. I flew around the Gilneas Zone whilst thinking of this, scoping it out and realised that it’s a fairly perfect area for a Feudal RP of this nature; Gilneas serves as the capital and local Lords could rule Stormglen, Keel Harbour, Tempest’s Reach and Emberstone in the primary Ruler’s name.

Currently I imagine two broad areas of roleplay, though of course I’d hope for them to intermingle; the political sphere between the King/Lord and his Lords/Mayors/ (including perhaps an influential merchant’s guild or mage’s guild etc) which would in turn effect the commoners and the serfs. In order to perhaps add some weight and something interesting aside from the roleplay, to add additional game mechanics, I was thinking of adding a custom combat and economy system. At the end of every week or month perhaps, gold via TRP or Gryphonheart could be dished out and perhaps taxes might need to be collected.

I think the Blackwald and the Headlands could be a very useful tool for various personal and Guild RP threads and would be useful regrdless of what the guild’s RP setting ended up being. Pyrewood Village in Silverpine Forest could also be a useful borderland/frontier-type settlement.

I think there’s plenty of RP hooks available; a thieves guild in the city causing tension; a cult in the Blackwald; if the setting is a fictional kingdom, then perhaps some political intruige regarding the throne; if the setting is a fictional locale but still a part of the alliance, then perhaps a thread involving the Horde. Perhaps the ‘nation’ is akin to Vanilla Theramore in that it is independent, allied to the Alliance but not ruled by a King, or perhaps it is some kingdom on one of the many untouched islands we seem to keep finding per every new expansion.

Thoughts? Would anyone be interested in getting involved in this? Please get in touch.

Absolutely interesting concept, however a lot of factors to make sure that it would even be active.
Such as a stable community to make this kind of thing feel alive, with majority split around in BB and Stormwind, can one afford to set up an entire new “city”, so to speak?
Either that or getting a reach out to different contacts who works in those areas to get their aid.
I am always interested in more civil RP, such as florists or bakers not being useless characters because the majority of them doesn’t know how to swing a sword or wish to discuss how they murder people.

Just a bit more thoughts, and would love more information. This would require a lot of work, and a lot of people involved.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.