Feudal warfare, house guilds, and you

Fine, I’ll saddle up and leave the jokes. For now.

Are you lot horsing around?

Best fight in the series imo

Did y’all really have to bring up that? That… that… Stuff?
Thanks.
Now I’m going to go and pray.

Eh, I don’t mind. After all…

I ain’t got a horse in this race :sunglasses:

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/12229707.jpg

Get off your high horse

I had a fun time in the pandaren equivalent to a house guild for a while in early BFA.

You’d definitely need to be very careful and ensure everyone is on good terms/on the same page if you want to involve multiple guilds and their conflicts, though, because such intrigue can be vicious and not everyone likes having their guild be taken in an unintended direction because of its consequences.

But I can definitely see the appeal. It can be dramatic and exciting, and it offers that in a very different way from the standard blunt violence.

The pastebin was hilarious though. Made the workday fly by so quickly.

Either I have selectively purged the memory from my head or I wasn’t around for that, either works for me.

Also Pandaren Houses sounds like cool as hell yo, if only for my quietly nurtured passion for things like Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

1 Like

Yes. Also, most of these nameless kul tiran nobles are like the english aristocracy in that they’re formally lord and lady suchandsuch but rule no more than the extent of the square feet of their actual house just like everyone else.

What.

As it should be.

That’s one of the bigger problems because many are drawn to noble RP for the power, IC and OOC and respond extremely poorly to adversity. Interacting with other guilds in a rivalry becomes impossible at that stage and faces the SAME OLD SICKNESS as any other pair of guilds who refuse to communicate despite being in an IC rivalry and treat every attack as an OOC conspiracy.

Let’s end this here and keep the thread stable.

1 Like

Less strapping lads signing up to serve Lord Haus after a decade of him wasting a generation in his pointless struggle to 1v1 the entire state apparatus of Forsaken Lordaeron as backed by the global empire of the Horde. There are better ways to impress buxom Hanna across the fields than becoming a statistic.

After all, if one owned large estates (like the Norwingtons), they wouldn’t be conglomerating around the Upton Borough! They’d be tending to their holdings. I reckon the city-dwelling nobles have assets tied in the local trade and industry, rather than the land and resources like the more impactful nobles out in the countryside who rule the land they own. I imagine the latter type of nobility are more common in Drustvar where the people seem to be somewhat stuck in the past, forever watchful (read: fearful) of the Drust’s return.

1 Like

If only there were more Pandaria guilds :frowning:

I would love to see what others would be up to, and how we could interact with them.

1 Like

A bit of ancient history from Moonglade :smirk:

good sir, what about a Pandaren Warlord seeking to unite a politically disunited Pandaria under his glorious banner.

Odo Nomunaga.

1 Like

Interest piqued. Dish dish dish.

Furthermore, consider queen tiffin when looking at the dynamics of stormwind nobility.

Definitely no schemes of unity going on over here, no sir-ee.

:screams in pain and terror:

3 Likes

“I see you’re not wearing a surcoat”

“Sir, I am wearing the uniform of the guard, the King employs me”

(not personally obviously)

3 Likes

Sir, I’m in a beautiful, richly appointed gown tastefully cut to flatter on a good night out. Have you no sense of fashion?!

1 Like