Fiery brand macro behaviour

Hey all. So I’m having issues with Fiery brand and Fracture and mouse over macros. Im using the format:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][]Fiery Brand

and swapping exists for harm as well with the same results.

When I have no target, this macro applies fiery brand to my mouseover, but if i have a main target, the macro will not work on the mouseover target, but will apply brand to my main target. I tested this macro with The Hunt and other spells and it worked as you would expect: casting on my mouseover no matter what.

Then I tested this with fracture. Using the 4set bonus in 10.1 I tried fracture without the proc to apply a fiery brand, and it works fine. Both when i have a main target and when i dont. But when i have the proc to apply a fiery brand with my next fracture, the mouseover wont work but will only apply it to my main target. It seems to be an issue with fiery brand’s behaviour with mouseovers. Does anyone have any information on what this is or have experienced it themselves and fixed it somehow? I know I could just target the mob to brand or fracture, but im so used to mouseovers and find it much better to use but this isnt working

Thanks!

Maybe i am missunderstanding it all but it sounds like you wonder why it does not work when you cast Fracture?

Sounds like you are talking about 2 spells? Fiery Brand and Fracture (with included Fierybrand proc).

If so then make a copy of the previous macro for Fracture?

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][]Fracture

Sorry for the confusion. I mean both when i cast fiery brand with a mouseover macro for fiery and when i cast fracture with the proc using a mouseover macro with fracture. somehow the fact that fiery brand is included with either spell being cast (either because it is literally the spell or because it is a passive proc) is messing with the mouseover if i have a main target

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.