Filthy casuals on GD calling arena garbage

They won’t do this because it disrupts the general gameplay, imagine trying to level and you can’t because the settlement where your hand ins are has been taken over for X amount of time. You basically can’t do anything until its over, thats awful game design because it locks people out of playing if what they are doing is based around that settlement/city.

wpvp died becouse there was never proper wpvp setting since the game release in 2004, flying has no part in it. you can have RvR even with flying.
And arenas killed bgs that are the closest thing to that stile of play. pvp in mmorpgs is aroud faction vs faction, huge fights with large armies, this is what this franchise was enstablished and became a success.

Flying killed world PvP, because now people aren’t FORCED to take part like they were in Classic, they just fly over it.

Arena’s did not kill either, BG’s are still populated. Just because some people went over the arena doesn’t mean BG’s are dead, just like you prefer “big armies” and all that some people prefer arena combat in small teams. The franchise was established on an arena style RTS mate just like Starcraft, not a giant city building game where massive armies fought, they decided to take Warcraft in a different direction, there such a little amount people that actually want to have giant battles over the map. If you want that try and different MMO, I heard Black Desert Online has something like this.

flying had no effect on world pvp becouse wpvp had no feature than just kill/gank players of the enemy factions: you cant loot them, you cant take controll of their settlements cities, killing their npc gives no loot, there are no faction specific resources that force conflicts betwen the two.

arenas killed bg becouse they are quicker to manage /play compared to the second.

for do arenas you just need a friend being online at any time in the day for rated bg you have to set a schedule with other 9 people like raiding…

But thats rated BG’s they came quite a while after arena so I don’t know how it could kill rated BG’s since it has been in the game far longer. Rated BG’s just weren’t that well received because as you mention its a chore to get a group together for it… arena didn’t cause that. The way Rated BG’s are designed caused that.

Yes, flying did kill world PvP, the only time people enjoyed world PvP is when they are the ones camping a point on the map ganking smaller groups of players, no one enjoys being the small group of players in those situations. But the difference is now you can just fly over that large group of people trying to camp points of the map, so it doesn’t happen anymore, the only people that engage in world PvP these days are the ones that want to, flying gives you the option to avoid it, ground riding didn’t. So flying killed it because everyone just avoids it.

Bwahaha, ok boomer. (Never imagined i’d ever say that but here we are)

1 Like

becouse blizzard instead of focusing on all the raw potential that the world map have to offers they choosed the solution that only pleased carebears.

Rated bg should have been implemented at the start as they changed the honor sistem in tbc, instead they added arenas that are more lucrative in term of character progression in pvp

No flying did not killed world pvp, world pvp never existed becouse blizzard refused to add even the very basic pvp features of any mmorpg that have a real RvR pvp.

WTF is that topic omg…
Pve players wanting to remove pvp as a whole because of CnS and a trinket, nice.

Dude, flying did affect wPvP, sharding made it worse and finally faction imbalance killed it. I can’t even remember the last time I killed a player for fun. Most of the time I don’t even meet enemy players when I’m doing triple emissaries.
Try WvsWvsW in GW2 if you want lots of players on your screen or Cyrodill (or whatever it is) in ESO.
In MoP you could do bgs 24/7 and be fully geared, try emphasizing this in your topic and you might get something out of it that the pvp community would support instead of trying to make them remove arenas.

1 Like

Arena gave the best form of PvP gear because it was the hardest PvP content, whats wrong with that?

So why are you arguing arenas killed world PvP? if you say it didn’t exist to begin with?

I dont want to remove pvp i want rated bgs being the main source of character progression in pvp as it should be in any mmorpg that want to use this term.

Flying did nothing to wpvp becouse there is nothing fighting for in the world, you cant loot enemy players, you can’t take controll of their cities, there no siege weapons in the open world the same as fighting ships and zeppelins, there are no destructable obects…

and those games are filled with loading screen just zoning from a smaller area to another, while wow you have those only if you change contitents, you can travel from moonglade and reach uldum without meeting a single loading screen, on those game you probably have to deal with 15 of them.

arenas killed the possiblity to have a proper RvR setting and devalues rated bg that are the hardest pvp content

No, it doesn’t do that at all… arena caters to small scale combat, it doesn’t do anything to take away from large scale. It only satisfies community of players that prefer small scale. If people want to do large scale no one is stopping you. Just because there isn’t much incentive to do it doesn’t mean its unplayable, there’s not much incentive for arenas currently either, yet people still play them, just like RBGs.

yes it did, arenas gave no incentive to do rated bgs, there so guilt on prefering smaller scale pvp but it does not fit to mmorpg but to other kind of games like mobas.

No mate, it didn’t those who don’t want 10 v 10 wont play RBG’s even if arena wasn’t a thing. Arena was put in the game long before RBGs as I said, nobody liked how much of a chore it is to find a team of 10 to play, you can’t blame arena for that… even if they removed arena, RBGs would STILL be dead because people just don’t enjoy them, they are long and boring to most, myself included. Bottom line, RBGs declined because people didn’t find them worth it for the amount of effort required to even begin to play, If you think arena some how damaged RBGs even though arena was there 2 expansions before it you are delusional.

You make the “if you want arena gameplay play a MOBA”, if you want a large scale battle go play GW2 or BDO, it works both ways. Stop crying about something no one actually cares about.

if they remove rated arenas people will do more bg, people that dont enjoy them are not the proper audience for a mmorpgs, there are plenty of games you can enjoy.

and i said that those games are terrible becouse they are full of loading screens and do not have areas for wpvp but only instanced one, instead wow have the highest potential on all the games on the market currently aviable.

No mate, they wouldn’t. They would leave the game instead, which will further damage WoW PvP. There are also plenty of other games for you to enjoy too, so try them instead of crying that arena destroyed this and that.

Not my or Blizzards problem, either put up with it and shut up, or go to the loading screen fiesta you describe.

You will be suprised how many in classic think that farming pugs with full premade and thousands of gold in consumables are the true apex of pvp skill. ¨

i actually hear this so much I have doubts over if he is a troll or not

1 Like

and i want them i want that rated bg are the main source of character pvp progression, with random bg after it, arena skirmish second and the removal of rated arenas becouse they are unetical to the mmorpg genre

I want arena to be the main source of PvP progression, so do many others. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say remove arena because RBGs should be the best form of PvP. Why is it unethical? its a fantasy world based in a primitive era? you know the Roman’s had arenas and Gladiators right? its just taken out of history. You have the option to be an “arena competitor” so there you go, it’s easily placed into the RP section of MMORPG. So its clearly not unethical, its right where it should be.

an arena circuit hosted by the goblins of steamwhedle cartel has less relevance thant the conflicts betwen the two major factions of the world.

even lorewise arenas should give litle reward or noone